TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

Crescent Fresh

kiwifarms.net
I feel that the AVGN stuff has aged a lot better than the NC stuff. I mean, the Nerd screams and says vulgar things, but overall it is still fun to watch. There are some good and some bad episodes, obviously, but it's not as bad as the NC stuff, that ceases to be funny, so even the stuff that was entertaining 10 years ago is now just lackluster and annoying.
Maybe that has to do with how James Rolfe is just a decent guy and Doug Walker comes across as an incredibly annoying person that's too full of himself.
The recent AVGN episodes are pretty good whenever his pack of orbiters aren’t on screen, compared to the new NC episodes which are consistently awful.

NNewt84

kiwifarms.net
Please don't remind me of that abysmal review. It's bad enough that that review managed to get nearly everyone on TV Tropes to turn against the film.
Agreed. I'm not a big fan of The Matrix either, but I understand that it's just not my kind of movie, and I don't go around bashing people for liking it. Doug just needs to chill and watch his precious Lord of the Rings for the umpteenth time.

The Pink Panther

Why Can't Man Be More Like Animals?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is just plain sad considering J.K. Simmons is also bald and pulls off the wig a thousand times better than Doug.
It's not the fact that Simmons pulls off the wig better, it's the fact that Doug has a pretty crappy wig, to begin with. It's too high and exaggerated. It doesn't look good at all.