TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

DarkEmoMario64

kiwifarms.net
Batman: The Animated Series is ridden with silly moments, though. B:TAS is a celebration of all facets of Batman.

So, this show is yet another thing that Doug does not "get."
Actually he did mention that there was a bit of Adam West/Silver age in that series in his top 11 Nostalgic animated shows.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
It's you who are out, Gobby.... out of your mind.

The Amazing Spider-Man is just a less interesting version of the first Raimi film, it may not technically be a terrible movie, but nothing about it sticks out, I just remember finding it really bland and just feeling kinda bored when I saw it in theaters in 2012 and nothing about that review has changed my mind.

It just felt so toned down and self conscious, they were clearly trying so hard to avoid another Spider-Man 3 that it just led to something blah.

Flawed but interesting is better than competent but bland.

On a side note what I find a little unsettling though is the scene where he accidentally rips off that lady's shirt and it's treated as "ha ha", could you imagine if that scene was in a movie today? Have things really changed that drastically since 2012?

Last edited:

DarkEmoMario64

kiwifarms.net
It's you who are out, Gobby.... out of your mind.

The Amazing Spider-Man is just a less interesting version of the first Raimi film, it may not technically be a terrible movie, but nothing about it sticks out, I just remember finding it really bland and just feeling kinda bored when I saw it in theaters in 2012 and nothing about that review has changed my mind.

It just felt so toned down and self conscious, they were clearly trying so hard to avoid another Spider-Man 3 that it just led to something blah.

Flawed but interesting is better than competent but bland.

On a side note what I find a little unsettling though is the scene where he accidentally rips off that lady's shirt and it's treated as "ha ha", could you imagine if that scene was in a movie today? Have things really changed that drastically since 2012?
Well, Todd Phillips said he stopped making comedies because SJW's have ruined all the fun.

iafiv

kiwifarms.net
As much as Todd in the Shadows can be insufferable when it comes to politics when it comes to reviews the guy almost never does the same thing twice.Credit where its due he does have some good ideas like the whole Trainwreckrecords were he reviews albums that sunk the career of artists.Doug is reviewing Spider-Man movies despite the fact that he's already done prior episodes where he talked about both the Raimi movies and The Amazing Spider-Man.These reviews are him basically expanding those episodes a bit.He's reached the stage at which he's repeating himself.

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
As much as Todd in the Shadows can be insufferable when it comes to politics when it comes to reviews the guy almost never does the same thing twice.Credit where its due he does have some good ideas like the whole Trainwreckrecords were he reviews albums that sunk the career of artists.Doug is reviewing Spider-Man movies despite the fact that he's already done prior episodes where he talked about both the Raimi movies and The Amazing Spider-Man.These reviews are him basically expanding those episodes a bit.He's reached the stage at which he's repeating himself.
To Todd’s credit, music is constantly changing with new artist and genres coming and going and rebirths and turds, so between just One Hit Wonderland and Trainwreckords and regular reviews, Todd will have material for as long as he wants to keep things going. Meanwhile, Doug is knee deep in one of the most creatively bankrupt fields today and he has no way of getting out of it.

BR55

kiwifarms.net
Also, I should point out that Doug doesn't know what a catchphrase is, as evidenced in his review of The Matrix: (22:00)

Doug's Matrix reviews were really bad even by his standards.
But there is one thing in particular that always bugged me.
Doug has the most baffling bug up his ass about Neo's "real" name being Thomas Anderson.
According to Doug this is just the most ridiculous thing ever.
Like he just can't take Neo seriously because his name is Tom.
By that logic Spiderman's name being Peter or Captain America's name being Steve means you can't take them seriously either.
His other shitty takes are because he's a moron but the name thing is just so out of left field.

Last edited:

DarkEmoMario64

kiwifarms.net
Doug's Matrix reviews were really bad even by his standards.
But there is one thing in particular that always bugged me.
Doug has the most baffling bug up his about Neo's "real" name being Thomas Anderson.
According to Doug this is just the most ridiculous thing ever.
Like he just can't take Neo seriously because his name is Tom.
By that logic Spiderman's name being Peter or Captain America's name being Steve means you can't them seriously either.
His other shitty takes are because he's a moron but the name thing is just so out of left field.
I am just going to leave this here.

friedshrimp

028372n38934739473247219074
kiwifarms.net
That's sorta Doug's thing, in that amidst all the usual criticisms people make at the bad movies he tackles he also adds one or two reasons he dislikes the film which in hindsight aren't really a big deal, but he makes a mountain out of a molehill of them (ea Neo's real name, the girl in the Black Cauldron being a princess when it adds nothing to the story, it doesn't add anything but still doesn't harm the film yet Doug acts like it's a huge sin).

I dunno if he does this to add his "personal flair" to films everybody else has already criticized so his take stands out more, or he's that dumb and misses the point often.