TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

• Sorry about the recent downtime. The database server is being autistic. The beatings will continue.

Jetman

kiwifarms.net
Looks like the rumors of James cutting ties with Doug aren't true then. I'm kind of disappointed a bit.
I mean, James did a cameo for Bores. I don't know how far James will go when it comes to "forgive and forget", but if he's still willing to do things with Doug...well James is gonna get a lot of complaints that Screenwave might have to address.

Jasonfan89

Aka horrorfan89
kiwifarms.net
Looks like the rumors of James cutting ties with Doug aren't true then. I'm kind of disappointed a bit.
Those rumors were started because of what the wall video? If that was the reason why James considered never speaking with Doug again it'd be a pretty petty reason. Yes the wall is probably the most boring and preachy video Doug's made and the only thing missing is portraying Lupa or the people who abandoned him as the "villians". But to stop talking with him over it because he's a die hard fan of the wall? Even James isn't that big a petty fanboy it's just the character he plays...most of the time Ghostbusters 2016s no review I refuse video aside

TalmudSperg

New Zealander & Agriculturalist
kiwifarms.net
Could be but I think it's more down to pop culture and how Phil Collins is sometimes seen as being not that great a singer / songwriter. Don't get me wrong he is more than capable of doing so but it's so "old folks" and "middle of the road". And part of me can't help but think he was influenced by shows like "South Park" that have ripped on Phil Collins over the years.

The difference is of course that Matt & Trey are just having fun with the whole thing. Doug is taking it seriously.
Phill Collins biggest failing is that he's not Peter Gabriel, but hey.. Neither am I.

Sparkletor 2.0

My first Jonbenet accidentally died
kiwifarms.net
Those rumors were started because of what the wall video? If that was the reason why James considered never speaking with Doug again it'd be a pretty petty reason. Yes the wall is probably the most boring and preachy video Doug's made and the only thing missing is portraying Lupa or the people who abandoned him as the "villians". But to stop talking with him over it because he's a die hard fan of the wall? Even James isn't that big a petty fanboy it's just the character he plays...most of the time Ghostbusters 2016s no review I refuse video aside
I thought AVGN cut ties with NC because CtC revealed they were protecting a pedophile, Jewwario.

James is a dad. It would make more sense that he didn't agree with CA's hiding Jewwario's deeds than him getting mad over The Wall review.

Random Internet Person

3...2...1! Henshin!
kiwifarms.net
I thought AVGN cut ties with NC because CtC revealed they were protecting a pedophile, Jewwario.

James is a dad. It would make more sense that he didn't agree with CA's hiding Jewwario's deeds than him getting mad over The Wall review.
If that was the case, then Doug must have done A LOT to convince James to not break things off completely. I mean, most people would beat a pedophile and their enablers yo within an inch of their life, or at least think about going through with it.

• Agree
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

Jasonfan89

Aka horrorfan89
kiwifarms.net
If that was the case, then Doug must have done A LOT to convince James to not break things off completely. I mean, most people would beat a pedophile and their enablers yo within an inch of their life, or at least think about going through with it.
Probably tried to pass the buck off to fuard or someone else like always, that or he used the argument of Justins dead.

• Agree
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

Travoltron

kiwifarms.net
Aren't those fat Screenwave slobs friends with a convicted pedo?
Doug/Rob actually fired JW once the got wind of the allegations.
The thing about James cutting ties with Doug was mostly bullshit spread by a redditor.
The only part that had any truth was Nostalgia Critic being removed from the AVGN video game and replaced with Fred Fuchs. This was probably done for legal reasons, so that they don't have to pay Doug.

Jetman

kiwifarms.net
Those rumors were started because of what the wall video? If that was the reason why James considered never speaking with Doug again it'd be a pretty petty reason.
The rumor came from Justin Silverman, the guy who had to deal with Chris at TooManyGames. He stated that James cut ties with Doug over his Wall review because James is a HUGE music buff, especially in regards to rock music. He had a whole series dedicated to music, Playlist Junkie, that highlighted his knowledge of music. Silverman was likely speaking on James's behalf due to him not wanting to get involved in the CtC drama directly, and I don't blame him. Saying something, either in support of Doug or against, would have some sort of negative consequence. If James spoke negatively about Doug, the Critic fanbase would stop watching. If James defended Doug, he'd lose a TON of subscribers and likely get knocked down a peg. By keeping mum on the topic, James stayed out of the limelight.

When Doug, and later on, Brad, showed up in-person to talk Looney Tunes, I assumed that James was giving Doug the benefit of the doubt. These two had been friends since 2008. Their whole "feud" brought their audiences together. It can be really hard to drop a long-term friendship like that. As for Silverman's account, he could either have been genuine and James did have a beef with Doug over his poor attempt at understanding The Wall, or he only said that to shut people up who kept asking James about it on social media. And if Silverman was telling the truth, then whatever beef James had with Doug must have quelled, at least to the point of doing some sort of remote video with Doug.

Keep in mind that Brad had a similar falling out with Jerrid back in the day. He got booted from Team Snob after he said shit about Brad's then-wife Jillian behind his back. Over the years, Jerrid slowly made some return appearances, indicating that the two had buried the hatchet. Now he's arguably the only member of Team Snob left since the rest seemingly left after Brad's rampant defending of the Walkers. What this means for James remains unclear, and considering how little James talks about personal stuff, I don't expect James to completely come out in support of Doug any time soon.

Reactions: The Decimator

Random Internet Person

3...2...1! Henshin!
kiwifarms.net
He got booted from Team Snob after he said shit about Brad's then-wife Jillian behind his back. Over the years, Jerrid slowly made some return appearances, indicating that the two had buried the hatchet. Now he's arguably the only member of Team Snob left since the rest seemingly left after Brad's rampant defending of the Walkers.
Wasn't Jerrid the one that stole a Girl Brad was hitting on or something? Also, I remember Brad saying Team Snob stopped showing up because over time, they didn't have the spare hours to dedicate to Internet videos.

• Agree
Reactions: Phil Ken Sebben

Jetman

kiwifarms.net
Wasn't Jerrid the one that stole a Girl Brad was hitting on or something? Also, I remember Brad saying Team Snob stopped showing up because over time, they didn't have the spare hours to dedicate to Internet videos.
That was Jake. Jake stole away Brad's then-girlfriend and had her dump Brad. In response to this, EVERYONE on Team Snob unanimously agreed to kick him out. As for Team Snob's disbanding, this was mostly the case. Personal lives came first. They weren't content creators, they were just friends with one who liked having them in videos. Once Brad moved to Chicago, that pretty much sealed the fate of Team Snob, save for Jerrid and, unofficially, the Walkers. So far, only "Flaming" Brian has come out against Brad publicly. The rest, I assume, just want to keep their current lives private.