TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

• Sorry about the recent downtime. The database server is being autistic. The beatings will continue.

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
What could Brad have possibly done that was worse than that?
He stayed friends with Doug. Letting your friends fuck your wife is one thing, I mean if it was good enough for Jerry Falwell, it's good enough for Flaming Brian. But to stand by a man who helped you turn a little hobby into an actual career and you became actual friends with? That's just the worst thing possible.

This whole story just reeks of high school bullshit. These people are supposed to be adults in their 30's. You know, career is more or less settled, you're in a relationship with somebody, you're saving up for your future and all that. Who Brad chooses as his friends shouldn't be an issue with the rest of his friends. Just make sure never to invite them all to the same gathering and everybody should be fine.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
These reviews take a week or two to produce, and if he has to go clipless for the remake, it'll take even longer. The maimum clickbait potential will be gone by then.
Plus, if he’s gonna go clipless, they’d have to do that thing where they act out the scenes themselves. And most of the people that don’t like Doug REALLY hate those reviews.

Random Internet Person

3...2...1! Henshin!
kiwifarms.net
On one hand it would be less cheap and obvious click bait. On the other, it would also be pointless since there's no contest that the original is better.
Also doesn't help that the live action one took out everything that made 98 beloved according to the trailers. At least we'd be spared some jokes about Szechuan Sauce.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also doesn't help that the live action one took out everything that made 98 beloved according to the trailers. At least we'd be spared some jokes about Szechuan Sauce.
Yeah, you can’t really compare characters or music against one another since the remake got rid of all the characters and the songs.

Also live action MI lan uses chi to fight and that’s why she can fight. Unlike the cartoon where it’s because she literally went through boot camp like everyone else.

Leghorn Foghorn

kiwifarms.net
You gotta admit, he at least makes a decent point about how female characters are written as Mary Sues nowadays. But yeah, if that's the most sensible thing Doug has said recently, then that's not a good sign.

Also, I just noticed he has old age spots (a.k.a. "liver spots") on his arm. And he's not even 40 yet! Something must be seriously wrong with him - it's like he has reverse vitiligo or some shit.

Zaryiu

I miss the time when the show was good
kiwifarms.net
Nothing wrong with introducing kids to Bashki. Heavy Traffic and Cool World are even more iconic in certain ways than Fritz. Since children are quite likely to only read LOTR because of their parents at this point, give them this take on the first book.
What about Rankin-Bass (Hobbit, Return of the King and The Last Unicorn?)

• Feels
Reactions: Orion Balls

Jasonfan89

Aka horrorfan89
kiwifarms.net

Nostalgia Critic watching you in horror as John Cena screams in agony while a little girl, a neck beard looking dude, and Pinkie Pie stare into your soul is now in my top 10 most terrifying Nostalgia Critic thumbnails.
Oh boy he's called down the thunder on him now
Comments aren't addressing the mlp thing much kinda funny how years ago that one joke he made with Rachel and that Chad Rocco guy (whatever happened to him btw?) Turned his entire comments section into a brony message board as he later said in the cat in the hat review

Last edited:

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
Comments aren't addressing the mlp thing much kinda funny how years ago that one joke he made with Rachel and that Chad Rocco guy (whatever happened to him btw?) Turned his entire comments section into a brony message board as he later said in the cat in the hat review
Well that's because bronies became irrelevant due to most being gone due to the show ending or them finding other interests. Of course there are some hanger-ons like brony content creators (and Chris Chan especially) but some of them moved on to other interests. The only hardcore MLP fans left are niche autists and the only notable fan still obsessed is Chris Chan

Icarus B. Nezzer

kiwifarms.net
Skimmed through the review for context: This time, MLP was a forced reference in the movie itself and Doug just rolled with it, albeit with the occasional "Why is there Hasbro in my Nickelodeon?" quip. He didn't draw any further attention to it with a cringy animated skit or comments about "that shitty abomination of a third season," though he did accidentally spoil the series finale with a stock image. Whoops.

Jetman

kiwifarms.net
and that Chad Rocco guy (whatever happened to him btw?)
He's still active on YouTube. He still does the occasional Familiar Faces. His current thing he does is "art-casts", where he draws characters he feels like drawing or commissions he gets while talking to viewers about whatever's on his mind. He also reviews various snacks in a sort of "Brad Tries" fashion. So he's doing just fine, all things considered.

Jasonfan89

Aka horrorfan89
kiwifarms.net
You gotta admit, he at least makes a decent point about how female characters are written as Mary Sues nowadays. But yeah, if that's the most sensible thing Doug has said recently, then that's not a good sign.

Also, I just noticed he has old age spots (a.k.a. "liver spots") on his arm. And he's not even 40 yet! Something must be seriously wrong with him - it's like he has reverse vitiligo or some shit.
I think it's all the bs he's had to deal with over the years, up to amd including the change the channel debacle and nearly facing legal prosecution over what jew boy did and didn't get revealed till after he Epsteined himself.
Doug may be a lolcow but at least unlike say Chris who's probably only badly aging from his lifetime of living off tendies and trooning out, Doug has had to deal with real genuine stress at many points in his life.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
The whole "nostalgic" thing hasn't applied ever since he came back. He felt it was too limiting. So now it's whatever he feels is going to get him the most clicks and adbux.
I know, but I'm just pointing the irony in this case that now anything 2019 and below can count as genuinely nostalgic.