TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
Why does every thumbnail he makes look so low budget?
This got a pass in 2009, now it just makes you look lazy.
Ironically, his thumbnails actually used to be good because he got some artist with talent to draw them and were more aesthetically pleasing to look at compared to Doug poorly photoshopped in a movie poster.

Night Terror

this ice shall be your doom
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ironically, his thumbnails actually used to be good because he got some artist with talent to draw them and were more aesthetically pleasing to look at compared to Doug poorly photoshopped in a movie poster.
what actually happened to marobot? dude just dropped off the face of the earth one day. it wouldnt surprise me if it turned out the dude had died suddenly.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
They should make a Problem Child 3 where Junior is now an Alt Right shitlord owning the libs.

If it works, why change I suppose.

Ironically enough I saw and found out about Problem Child by watching the sequel before the original.
I've never never seen the original prior to this review but I did watch the sequel once, I still can't believe there's a joke about Junior filming his babysitter having sex and projecting it on the side of his house.

Tron: Deadly Dicks

It's hard to fuck a moth and Godzilla ain't picky.
kiwifarms.net
That's the first review in so many years that I had fun watching so I'll give him that. I almost wanna watch that movie, hell!

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
Problem Child is bizarre.

It is a NASTY film. Really nasty, but to such a degree that it is fascinating. And the sequel is just as bad/fascinating.

Its like they took the whole rebellious prankster from Home Alone and made him a straight up sociopath, but in a world full of horrible people that almost deserve his wrath...almost.

Something like those two films could never get made today. I guess it was just an example of how rebellious the 90s was or tried to be, and how much of that was geared towards the youth.

One thing that the sequel did that I thought was weird: Amy Yasbeck played the horrible wife to John Ritter/adoptive mother of Junior in the first movie and was, uh, disposed of unceremoniously. In the sequel, John Ritter, the dad, is divorced, but he finds a new love interest...played by Amy Yasbeck as a completely different character. I'd imagine kids that watched both movies were confused by that.

Last edited:

iafiv

kiwifarms.net
I'm honestly surprised he never reviewed Problem child at some point before 2013.This actually is the kind of 'cheesy' 90's comedy that Doug would have seen in his childhood.Although i doubt Junior would become alt-right.No kid that gets a taste for mayhem will be content with toning it down.Most likely he met Kevin from Home Alone and they both ended up doing some kind of Columbine.

Last edited:
  • Feels
Reactions: RumblyTumbly

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
Problem Child was like live action cartoon for me as a lot of the stuff was exaggerated to the brim and the people in it like aren’t the sharpest swords in the the armory it’s like an exaggerated It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

They should make a Problem Child 3 where Junior is now an Alt Right shitlord owning the libs.
They made a part 3. It was kinda forgettable and none of the original actors except for Gottfried and Warden are in it:

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
It's probably one part that it's cheaper to do. Instead of paying somebody to commission an art piece he instead uses photoshop to shoop himself into the title card. And secondly it's his ego. If he can't be a successful director or filmmaker then he's going to make sure that his face gets out there and that means appearing in as many thumbnails as possible.

Reactions: FuckDuckSeagull

Totally Awesome

Let's sift some heads!
kiwifarms.net
It's probably one part that it's cheaper to do. Instead of paying somebody to commission an art piece he instead uses photoshop to shoop himself into the title card. And secondly it's his ego. If he can't be a successful director or filmmaker then he's going to make sure that his face gets out there and that means appearing in as many thumbnails as possible.
Why shouldn't his face be in the thumbnails if he's the main person in the videos?