TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

• DDoS is active again.

PeriodicTrouble

kiwifarms.net
This sounds like you are implying that TikTok "invented" the cringy short video format (which existed way before). YouTube can do well on its own (on some occasions) but like other companies, they like to steal adopt some features so that they can be trendy or keep up with the times. It's like when Facebook added hashtags or redesign the site to look like Twitter.

Also, Doug made short videos before he became the critic.

I didn't mean to imply that, just that Google copy stuff from other companies like Google+ was their version of Facebook. Tiktok didn't invent the short video format, vine was around before that and was the first one to base a platform around short videos. Tiktok came around later and made videos longer to around 60 seconds, which is why I think Youtube copied Tiktok because of its popularity.

A Big Bumbling Black Man

never forget your vest in the gangster kitchen
kiwifarms.net
I don't hate Doug, I hate his content.
The most despicable (spoken like Daffy Duck) thing Doug Walker has done is spawn a whole sub-genre of reviewers that are instantly recognizable within 10 seconds of watching their videos.
You know the type...

E7P8vrSVEA4PjwG.jpg

[After the theme song]

E7SBWu7UYBoFYrd.png

Foltest

Land ska med lag byggas
kiwifarms.net

In the Air of the Night

Crazy Bunny Archivist.
kiwifarms.net
Would say it is more Linkara fault. It took years before Doug had a theme song and he has never had a evil alter ego.

I would say that the theme song thing was popularized by AVGN and Doug was the one who popularized the "I'm other character played as myself" thing with Ask TGWTG and Chester A. Bum. The evil alter-ego is the next obvious step after that one.

Snakebottom

kiwifarms.net
I would say that the theme song thing was popularized by AVGN and Doug was the one who popularized the "I'm other character played as myself" thing with Ask TGWTG and Chester A. Bum. The evil alter-ego is the next obvious step after that one.
I think that little alter ego nugget can be traced back to Irate Gamer’s Evil Gamer. The one thing he pioneered probably.

Shirō Ishii

War crimes? What war crimes?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

CharlesBarkley

kiwifarms.net
The most despicable (spoken like Daffy Duck) thing Doug Walker has done is spawn a whole sub-genre of reviewers that are instantly recognizable within 10 seconds of watching their videos.
You know the type...

View attachment 2386456

[After the theme song]

View attachment 2386457
"IM SO LIVID AND ANGRY ABOUT HOW TERRIBLE THIS MEDIA IS ARGHHHHHH AHHHHRRGHHH REEEEEEEEEEeee!!!!!! - "

Imagine actually getting angry over vidya or b-movies, lol.

A Big Bumbling Black Man

never forget your vest in the gangster kitchen
kiwifarms.net
"IM SO LIVID AND ANGRY ABOUT HOW TERRIBLE THIS MEDIA IS ARGHHHHHH AHHHHRRGHHH REEEEEEEEEEeee!!!!!! - "

Imagine actually getting angry over vidya or b-movies, lol.
The most exhausting thing about them all, is that they'll rage as though a bad movie sequel has punched their collective childhoods in the faces, but if anyone dares to criticize the critics themselves, all of the sudden they scream "WELL IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN DON'T WATCH IT!"

Trigger Me Timbers

Reformed Kekistani
kiwifarms.net
i have watched some of Dougs recent eps, skipped all the skits, not terrible reviews but my god, how the fuck does this guy get advertisers? If I was an advertiser I would immediately pull any money I've put into channel awesome at this point. His Ads are unwatchable.
Not only are they cringe one man skits from him, he has the ads interact with each other? I'm not sure if that's allowed or not but it makes them confusing. I skipped past them and I was amazed to find out they're not very long because it honest to God felt like 10 minutes if you watch it start to finish. His latest ad was literally just stock footage of a car radio and doing an obnoxious radio DJ voice. Like fuck me dude.

Reunited and it feels so good. View attachment 2365364
Covid Karen Cucks. RLM Chads didn’t fucking skip a single shoot.

PeriodicTrouble

kiwifarms.net
Covid Karen Cucks. RLM Chads didn’t fucking skip a single shoot.
I'll defend on that one because when one of your main actors (Tamara) is diabetic and thus immune compromised, you can't exactly do things like normal. So it made sense that they waited until everyone got the vaccine to do things again in the studio At least they're not like Filmbrain, who's scared to go to a movie theater with one other person in it because of COVID.

I'll defend on that one because when one of your main actors (Tamara) is diabetic and thus immune compromised, you can't exactly do things like normal. So it made sense that they waited until everyone got the vaccine to do things again in the studio At least they're not like Filmbrain, who's scared to go to a movie theater with one other person in it because of COVID.
Fair enough. But last year, College Gameday (a football show I watch) was able to do their show on the road the best way they could with all the crew together (except for one analyst who’s in his 80s and had a stroke in the past). CA could have done something like that, but, I’m not sure what the state of Illinois had or has in terms of restrictions.

JamesFargo

saying "Oh cool" as I put the gun in my mouth
kiwifarms.net
this whole post instantly reminded me of Spoony and his alter ego, Dr. Insano.
Insano is a strange character. He started out as a one-shot joke. Then he tried to kill Spoony for essentially no reason. Spoony was "cloned," and Insano became roommates with him. Then the 'real' Spoony was resurrected as a nefarious "Black Lantern Spoony."

There's going to be an NC review on Jetsons the movie
Yo, that movie is dope.

IIRC, there was a controversy over the decision to snub Janet Waldo (the original VA for Judy) in favor of Tiffany, a one-hit-wonder from the previous decade. All of the other actors were invited back. Tiffany does a fine job with the vocals, but I can see why she went over like a lead balloon.