TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

• DDoS is active again.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To be fair to Doug, he did try to do other things, not just Demo Reel, but they usually didn't go anywhere.

At this point he seems too scared to try anything else again in case it flops. Which is a shame, but what are you gonna do?
He has adjusted his review style over the years though. He doesn’t just do “angry review jokes” the whole time or bash the movie unjustly. I know that has gotten him accusations of being too “middle of the road”, but I do think is review style has gotten a lot better compared to how he started. And he’s never afraid to take the piss out of himself for something, like how he mocked himself for the “Timing!” gag in the recent review.

PeriodicTrouble

kiwifarms.net
AniMat just did a review on Doug and CA today.
It's pretty much how Doug got started, how TGWTG/CA got formed, how Doug retired NC, and then #ChangeTheChannel. Animat's stance on ChangeTheChannel is believing the document which isn't a shock if you look at the sources in the video description.
1627687796000.png
Fallen Titans #3 is where Quinton admits to believing the document 100%. It gets even worse because Quinton admitted in his To Boldly Flee video, that he had a mental breakdown because of #ChangeTheChannel. The video about The Devils' Jesters has Tony Goldmark talking about #ChangeTheChannel and how he told CA management to apologize, but they wouldn't listen to him. The Lady Emily brings up the document in order to bash Doug several times. The Right Opinion was released around the time when #ChangeTheChannel happened so it just repeats the talking points of the document for the most part. So Mat wasn't exactly being nuanced when he talked about #ChangeTheChannel.

It's pretty much how Doug got started, how TGWTG/CA got formed, how Doug retired NC, and then #ChangeTheChannel. Animat's stance on ChangeTheChannel is believing the document which isn't a shock if you look at the sources in the video description.
View attachment 2393465
Fallen Titans #3 is where Quinton admits to believing the document 100%. It gets even worse because Quinton admitted in his To Boldly Flee video, that he had a mental breakdown because of #ChangeTheChannel. The video about The Devils' Jesters has Tony Goldmark talking about #ChangeTheChannel and how he told CA management to apologize, but they wouldn't listen to him. The Lady Emily brings up the document in order to bash Doug several times. The Right Opinion was released around the time when #ChangeTheChannel happened so it just repeats the talking points of the document for the most part. So Mat wasn't exactly being nuanced when he talked about #ChangeTheChannel.
And once again, you look to be the only force pushing against the tide of #CTC

Fat Tub of Lard

kiwifarms.net
AniMat just did a review on Doug and CA today.
Yeah, AniMat is NOT the kind of person to listen to. I still remember his hate-boner for Sony Pictures Animation for its animation style being "too cartoony" for his autistic tastes (at least until their Spider-Man movie came out, proving too badass for even him to ignore its charms). Not to mention his TDS infection to the point where he called The Emoji Movie (admittedly the one SPA movie to indesputably deserve his scorn) "The Donald Trump of animation". I shit you not.

JamesFargo

saying "Oh cool" as I put the gun in my mouth
kiwifarms.net
That sounds about right. He past his prime back in 2013 when he decided he needed to merge Demo Reel and Nostalgia Critic.
The lore explanation is that the Demo Reel director, Donnie Dupre, is the reincarnation of the Nostalgia Critic, who was put through hell as penance for his crimes.

Ofc he went right back to being a psychopath, afterwards.

reptile101

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, AniMat is NOT the kind of person to listen to. I still remember his hate-boner for Sony Pictures Animation for its animation style being "too cartoony" for his autistic tastes (at least until their Spider-Man movie came out, proving too badass for even him to ignore its charms). Not to mention his TDS infection to the point where he called The Emoji Movie (admittedly the one SPA movie to indesputably deserve his scorn) "The Donald Trump of animation". I shit you not.
i remember him for his like 50 trump rants and thinking all republicans are nazis