TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I don't think this was posted. TLDR: he still defends his review of The Wall and thought it was good (just wow) and at 2:50 claims he likes the film (could have fooled me). He couldn't really articulate what he was going for in his review. At 4:00 he goes "Financially we won because people clicked on the video!"

Quotes fucking Ratatouille defending his point. FFS man, watch a fucking movie made for adults for once in your life you Disney simping faggot. He still doesn't really get why this got so much attention for being horrible.

We’re sorry you felt that way.

I don't think this was posted. TLDR: he still defends his review of The Wall and thought it was good (just wow) and at 2:50 claims he likes the film (could have fooled me). He couldn't really articulate what he was going for in his review. At 4:00 he goes "Financially we won because people clicked on the video!"

Quotes fucking Ratatouille defending his point. FFS man, watch a fucking movie made for adults for once in your life you Disney simping faggot. He still doesn't really get why this got so much attention for being horrible.
Looks like we may have another onslaught to try and get him off the Internet.

JamesFargo

Just popped a Lexapro, get turnt.
kiwifarms.net
"Financially we won because people clicked on the video!"
It's easy to point and laugh at Doug for being an idiot. Unfortunately, he is not alone in his thinking. It's marketing 101 for online "influencers".

"No one outside that building liked those ads. But that didn't matter, because people paid attention to them, and that was victory enough. Most people fast-forward ads or ignore them, and so anytime people give your ad the time of day, you treat it like you made the fucking Godfather. — Drew Magary

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's easy to point and laugh at Doug for being an idiot. Unfortunately, he is not alone in his thinking. It's marketing 101 for online "influencers".
He doesn't really seem to get it, much like other lolcows, sure he got comparatively a ton of views but it was from people hate-watching. And there was a direct correlation that there has been a considerable decline in views ever since that video came out and damaged his brand. So yeah Doug, you got your views, but now you're getting 300K per video instead of a million so was it worth it?

He doesn't really seem to get it, much like other lolcows, sure he got comparatively a ton of views but it was from people hate-watching. And there was a direct correlation that there has been a considerable decline in views ever since that video came out and damaged his brand. So yeah Doug, you got your views, but now you're getting 300K per video instead of a million so was it worth it?
I kind of get the feeling that Doug doesn’t really care about the view counts all that much. Whether or not he should is another argument. Either way, I can’t wait to see if people will take more shots at him because the first time around got a lot of people to click on their videos.

JamesFargo

Just popped a Lexapro, get turnt.
kiwifarms.net
He doesn't really seem to get it, much like other lolcows, sure he got comparatively a ton of views but it was from people hate-watching. And there was a direct correlation that there has been a considerable decline in views ever since that video came out and damaged his brand.
Precisely. We've heard the same argument again and again. Star Trek: Enterprise had a lot of scenes of the crew walking around in their underwear. "A Night in Sickbay" had the highest ratings of that season. Pretty much as soon as it aired, the ratings plummeted and never recovered. That means we need to add more sex, right? 8)

Rangoon

God's in his heaven. All's wrong with the world.
kiwifarms.net

I thought Doug would at least apologize for his shitty review, but nope.

As someone who not only loves the movie, but also back then used to be a huge Floydian and (as previously mentioned) Nostalgia Critic fan, the fact that he's defending his obviously unfunny "love letter" on a heavy, adult-themed movie with a message (which is where Doug should stay out of as he is usually just absolute shit at reviewing everything that isn't two-dimensional) just shows me how out of touch he is with the material he doesn't usually cover.
He's mostly a manchild when it comes to his sense of humor (which is why he shills Disney and Warner Bros etc.) and therefore would not grasp movies/series with abstract and deep concepts/ideas (especially those relating to psychology) like Evangelion, Madoka Magica, Joker, The Wall, and the like. He even admitted in a review that Joker was almost too heavy for him to watch and comprehend.

The review isn't even a "love letter" let alone an actual "review" as all it does is shallowly mock the movie and its message.

IMO, said this already, but even though a fair share of his movie reviews still hold some ground today, the rest of his content (skits in the reviews included) have aged like rancid milk due to their crudeness. Disheartening.

TL;DR Doug needs to stick with his basic content (AKA shallow material).

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He's mostly a manchild when it comes to his sense of humor (which is why he shills Disney and Warner Bros etc.) and therefore would not grasp movies/series with abstract and deep concepts/ideas (especially those relating to psychology) like Evangelion, Madoka Magica, Joker, The Wall, and the like. He even admitted in a review that Joker was almost too heavy for him to watch and comprehend.
If I ever become a billionaire one of my many plans is to have Doug kidnapped and forced to star in a remake of Man Behind the Sun.

PeriodicTrouble

kiwifarms.net
I kind of get the feeling that Doug doesn’t really care about the view counts all that much. Whether or not he should is another argument. Either way, I can’t wait to see if people will take more shots at him because the first time around got a lot of people to click on their videos.
He does seem to care about view counts because of the sponsors for NC. I'm still surprised that people are still ripping apart the Wall review, then again I shouldn't be considering it seems to come across as Change The Channel 2.0 with Dan Olson saying the quiet part out loud having the #ChangeTheChannel hashtag above his video title even though he never talks about Change The Channel in the video. That doesn't go for all the detractors of that review obviously, but certainly a good amount of them.
It's also funny that Dan Olson and Ralph The Movie Maker bashed Doug for The Wall review when Doug handled the blowback better than when they each had a video that had negative reception. With Dan Olson, his Gamergate video has the likes and dislikes not shown with people unable to comment on the video. With Ralph, you can't even watch his Joker review because he took it down.
1629917136500.png
1629916675900.png

Last edited:

Mr. Duck

kiwifarms.net
It might be a mandela effect thing, but i remember that in one of his top tens, that he briefly mentioned The Wall and not liking it, when talking about something else on his list, or i might be just pulling shit out of my ass, honestly i don't remember very well.