TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

Puddleduck

kiwifarms.net
Brad was great the best of Channel Awesome just because he was a cool dude. Then 2016 happened and he put politics right up the ass of his vids and i stopped caring. The Change the channel people are pathetic CA at this point is a relic dead and people are either saying it was always shit and the people running were scumbags or fans who stopped liking the content. Hell even AVGN sucks and for years thanks to James losing interest and having terrible writers who have no clue what made the first 4 seasons good.
Is Brad still sperging on about politics?

I may or may not dislike Trump, but jokes about him are just anti-funny at this point, they derail shit and make me laugh less...

Frank D'arbo

Back to Lost at Sea
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is Brad still sperging on about politics?

I may or may not dislike Trump, but jokes about him are just anti-funny at this point, they derail shit and make me laugh less...
Not as bad as back in 2016 but it appears every once in a while

spierdalailama

she / it / shit
kiwifarms.net
Every other week doesn’t have skits. Been like that for years now.
Really.

According to LordFat, Doug Boy has been warned repeatedly that the joyless Balrog accountants at Khazad-dûm will not be amused by claims of innocence and keep recording his every copyright misstep in the Great Book of Grudges, where the shadows lie, so if the idea of having his every orifice violently dominated by Mickey Mouse and the Super Warner Bros over, and over, and over again didn't make him soaking wet then he'd better rethink that "fair use" bullshit. That's IIRC the reason why he dialed up those stupid skits to the extreme.

Did he change his monetization strategy, Disney stopped paying attention or what?

PeriodicTrouble

kiwifarms.net
Really.

According to LordFat, Doug Boy has been warned repeatedly that the joyless Balrog accountants at Khazad-dûm will not be amused by claims of innocence and keep recording his every copyright misstep in the Great Book of Grudges, where the shadows lie, so if the idea of having his every orifice violently dominated by Mickey Mouse and the Super Warner Bros over, and over, and over again didn't make him soaking wet then he'd better rethink that "fair use" bullshit. That's IIRC the reason why he dialed up those stupid skits to the extreme.

Did he change his monetization strategy, Disney stopped paying attention or what?
Lordkat repeated any rumor that made CA look bad without looking into it like he claimed when CA committed a white collar crime because Rob and Mike felt Allison's midrolls were hurting the site when the issue was she had too many midrolls which was said in the comments of her videos. He could have actually looked into it and gotten both sides of the story, but hey its easier to go CA bad and be a hypocrite about how nobody got his side of the story when he was accused of rape. This is also the same guy who called Allison Pregler a sweetheart, was good friends with Holly, and defended the honor of Jewwario. I wouldn't trust his judgement on anything at all.

Tunon

The Adjucator
kiwifarms.net
Lordkat repeated any rumor that made CA look bad without looking into it like he claimed when CA committed a white collar crime because Rob and Mike felt Allison's midrolls were hurting the site when the issue was she had too many midrolls which was said in the comments of her videos. He could have actually looked into it and gotten both sides of the story, but hey its easier to go CA bad and be a hypocrite about how nobody got his side of the story when he was accused of rape. This is also the same guy who called Allison Pregler a sweetheart, was good friends with Holly, and defended the honor of Jewwario. I wouldn't trust his judgement on anything at all.
Fuck it, I'm gonna go full autismo and want to add something to this as well.

LordKat:

- Used to have an "internet show" (I don't think it would quality as a podcast?) where he would (drunkenly) lose his absolute shit at his fans and then apologize the next day, this happened two times at the very least.

- Always talked about being proud he did everything "without social media" and on his own, even though the dumb fuck got exposure through That Guy With The Glasses. He once got invited to some Social Media convention and was pondering going and trolling everyone. (Epic style most likely).

- The Spoony Incident requires some backstory: Even the most Zoomerist of the Zoomers knows that X-com is a tactical turn-based game because of the second revival of the series, but it wasn't always like that. Because during that particular era Call of Dooty was the big new thing and every single publisher started rifling through their IP's to find something suitable to transform into an FPS, regardless of it's previous genre.

Spoony, being an "oldfag" when it comes to PC gaming didn't take kindly when it was revealed that the new X-com was going to be an FPS, but not just any FPS! It had almost nothing to do with the older games. They didn't even use any of the Aliens from the games, instead the devs chose to make the alien threat some sort of formless black goo creatures. Spoony of course let out his shouts of "BETRAYAL" and "BETRAYED ME" in the middle of E3, which was incredibly in character for Spoony to do. (Fun fact, this game reveal was received so poorly that they repurposed the game into X-com: The bureau years later... and it still bombed.)

LordKat afterwards claimed that this caused him to lose out on a glorious career as a super games journalist. LordKat, the literal "Who!?" from TGWTG/CA thought he would have become a bigshot if only Spoony hadn't acted like... Spoony... I'll just let you mull that over for a second.
Later LordKat kinda ran this interpretation back but not after having shat on Spoony for years for ruining his "potential career".

TL;DR: LordKat was/is a massive idiot and I wouldn't take anything that comes out of his fat mouth seriously. I know he used to have a KF account and that some users might consider that to be based or something but having an account doesn't make you any less of an exceptional individual. For proof you can just look at this post where I gave you info on some Internet Z-lister like a mong.

Madam Nekromantik

Guess the movie win a prize.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
TL;DR: LordKat was/is a massive idiot and I wouldn't take anything that comes out of his fat mouth seriously. I know he used to have a KF account and that some users might consider that to be based or something but having an account doesn't make you any less of an exceptional individual. For proof you can just look at this post where I gave you info on some Internet Z-lister like a mong.
I always got the impression that he was salty that he only got pinged on KF to talk about CA stuff. Why did he have a KF account anyway, just to shit on Spoony some more in his thread?

PeriodicTrouble

kiwifarms.net
I always got the impression that he was salty that he only got pinged on KF to talk about CA stuff. Why did he have a KF account anyway, just to shit on Spoony some more in his thread?
It's his own fault there considering he talked about CA and people on the site for years on his podcast so much so that there was 3 supercuts that last about 20 hours just from him talking about CA on his podcast. This was after he left the site on 2010 yet the only reason people cared about him is drama with Spoony or gossip about CA. He also was the one who started the Channel Awesome Contributors thread that's in Multimedia so he can't be shocked that people kept associating him with CA when he himself kept associating with CA by bashing the company and its contributors. https://archive.md/QDHd5

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fuck it, I'm gonna go full autismo and want to add something to this as well.

LordKat:

- Used to have an "internet show" (I don't think it would quality as a podcast?) where he would (drunkenly) lose his absolute shit at his fans and then apologize the next day, this happened two times at the very least.

- Always talked about being proud he did everything "without social media" and on his own, even though the dumb fuck got exposure through That Guy With The Glasses. He once got invited to some Social Media convention and was pondering going and trolling everyone. (Epic style most likely).

- The Spoony Incident requires some backstory: Even the most Zoomerist of the Zoomers knows that X-com is a tactical turn-based game because of the second revival of the series, but it wasn't always like that. Because during that particular era Call of Dooty was the big new thing and every single publisher started rifling through their IP's to find something suitable to transform into an FPS, regardless of it's previous genre.

Spoony, being an "oldfag" when it comes to PC gaming didn't take kindly when it was revealed that the new X-com was going to be an FPS, but not just any FPS! It had almost nothing to do with the older games. They didn't even use any of the Aliens from the games, instead the devs chose to make the alien threat some sort of formless black goo creatures. Spoony of course let out his shouts of "BETRAYAL" and "BETRAYED ME" in the middle of E3, which was incredibly in character for Spoony to do. (Fun fact, this game reveal was received so poorly that they repurposed the game into X-com: The bureau years later... and it still bombed.)

LordKat afterwards claimed that this caused him to lose out on a glorious career as a super games journalist. LordKat, the literal "Who!?" from TGWTG/CA thought he would have become a bigshot if only Spoony hadn't acted like... Spoony... I'll just let you mull that over for a second.
Later LordKat kinda ran this interpretation back but not after having shat on Spoony for years for ruining his "potential career".

I never understood him blaming Spoiny since Lordkat wasn’t even in the video with him. It was Angry Joe.

Butter

Byuutter
kiwifarms.net
Because Spoony was with CA at the time, and when Lordkat was set to interview Notch, the whole thing fell apart when Spoony’s outburst was found and his appeal to say that he wasn’t associated with Spoony fell on deaf ears.
Which, all of LordKat's faults aside, I can understand him getting pissy about.

If it really happened that way, then he had the chance to talk to a rising superstar in gaming, and a chance to make a dent in gaming journalism, yet it was ruined by a colleague's unprofessional outburst.

Yeah, they weren't pros, but even then that'd piss me off too, to see my opportunity destroyed by someone else. And I fully understand why Spoony did it, and that it was absolutely on-brand for him.