TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

byuu

Non-binary they/them
kiwifarms.net
- Used to have an "internet show" (I don't think it would quality as a podcast?) where he would (drunkenly) lose his absolute shit at his fans and then apologize the next day, this happened two times at the very least.
He also masturbated on stream once. Mic only so not quite as bad as DSP.
But that's kind of LordFat's thing: he's slightly better than the literal worst people on the internet and he's mad that the whole world doesn't suck his cock because of it.

So was Notch involved in the X-COM FPS? I’m still not seeing the connection.
Here it is:

-XCOM drops
-Spoony goes "BETRAYAL!"
-LordKat is set to interview Notch
-Mojang and Notch's people find the Spoony clip
-LordKat tries to say he's not with Spoony
-It doesn't work
-Interview is canceled
-LordKat is bitter and blames Spoony for ruining a great opportunity for him.

If timestamp doesn't work, go to 19:23

PeriodicTrouble

kiwifarms.net
Here it is:

-XCOM drops
-Spoony goes "BETRAYAL!"
-LordKat is set to interview Notch
-Mojang and Notch's people find the Spoony clip
-LordKat tries to say he's not with Spoony
-It doesn't work
-Interview is canceled
-LordKat is bitter and blames Spoony for ruining a great opportunity for him.

If timestamp doesn't work, go to 19:23
If only somone archived the moment where Lordkat wished Spoony to kill himself with his brother's revolver. It's also pretty ironic for Lordkat to tell Spoony that he has to act more professional while calling him a exceptional individual, saying he has a tiny dick and that his girlfriend left him because he was a loser.

Last edited:
Doug takes the piss out of himself a bit for the whole “Frying the Coke” thing from years back during the review.
Some things:
1. Doug's Top 11 videos can be some of his most intresting output.

2. Doug seems to understand how things can fail and own up to them (or at least not do something like it for a LONG TIME, such as The Wall or Hocus Pocus apparently). If anything, it's more than someone like Linkara has done, and with Doug, he has some knowledge of its failure and doesn't try his damndsest to try to justify it or repackage it. And that can give haters and #CTC advocates an aneurysm.

Skullomania

Dumb Asshole
kiwifarms.net
Some things:
1. Doug's Top 11 videos can be some of his most intresting output.

2. Doug seems to understand how things can fail and own up to them (or at least not do something like it for a LONG TIME, such as The Wall or Hocus Pocus apparently). If anything, it's more than someone like Linkara has done, and with Doug, he has some knowledge of its failure and doesn't try his damndsest to try to justify it or repackage it. And that can give haters and #CTC advocates an aneurysm.
It's funny how people's perspectives on #CTC have been slowly changing with many of the names who took part of the exodus, mainly Linkara, have made such asses of themselves where Doug and company have learned from their mistakes (for the most part) and moved on to continue doing their thing. Despite the quality of his vids I find Doug to be charismatic and a guilty pleasure. I don't always agree with his opinions or find some of jokes funny but I still find his content endearing/entertaining enough to still feel the need to be subscribed and watch his stuff.

PeriodicTrouble

kiwifarms.net
It's funny how people's perspectives on #CTC have been slowly changing with many of the names who took part of the exodus, mainly Linkara, have made such asses of themselves where Doug and company have learned from their mistakes (for the most part) and moved on to continue doing their thing. Despite the quality of his vids I find Doug to be charismatic and a guilty pleasure. I don't always agree with his opinions or find some of jokes funny but I still find his content endearing/entertaining enough to still feel the need to be subscribed and watch his stuff.
Allison's Twitter meltdowns and Lewis being unable to take a joke have done a lot to hurt their reputations. What also helped Doug is the ex-CA contributors like Lupa and Linkara come across as A-Logs still bringing up Doug to this day just to bash him like when Linkara brought up CA's Twitch views because a Youtube commentor said his streams get little views and Allison still bringing up Doug even when she's doing a tweet talking about the Family Guy and Simpsons crossover. It also helps that people have been finding information that contradict the document like the Filmbrain 2nd Year anniversary vlog which also caused people to change their perspective on the document.

Just_a_Bored_Guy

Cause of death: not immune to poison
kiwifarms.net
Doug takes the piss out of himself a bit for the whole “Frying the Coke” thing from years back during the review.
11. Mitchells vs. the Machines
10. The Graduate
9. The Illusionist
8. The Usual Suspects
7. Zero Dark Thirty
6. Knives Out
5. Onward
4. Double Team
3. Godzilla (2014)
2. Rogue One
1. The Straight Story

Frank D'arbo

Back to Lost at Sea
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How in the fuck do you get filtered by The Straight Story when the film tells you dozens of times Alvin did what he did because he loved his brother. He refused numerous car trips from at least 6 people, talked about how much the memory of looking up at the stars with his brother meant to him and how much he misses him, put two and two together.

Sorry for being MATI, it's literally one of my all time favorite films with a beautiful score and beautiful scenery, I'm upset because you shouldn't be filtered this hard by a G rated Disney movie.

How in the fuck do you get filtered by The Straight Story when the film tells you dozens of times Alvin did what he did because he loved his brother. He refused numerous car trips from at least 6 people, talked about how much the memory of looking up at the stars with his brother meant to him and how much he misses him, put two and two together.

Sorry for being MATI, it's literally one of my all time favorite films with a beautiful score and beautiful scenery, I'm upset because you shouldn't be filtered this hard by a G rated Disney movie.
Well, Doug said that the movie is pretty boring if you don't get it, and the ending is more about the brother seeing the mower than Alan himself. Maybe Doug doesn't have the attachment you have with it.

Frank D'arbo

Back to Lost at Sea
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, Doug said that the movie is pretty boring if you don't get it, and the ending is more about the brother seeing the mower than Alan himself. Maybe Doug doesn't have the attachment you have with it.
Lyle was eventually going to see the tractor, sure, but what I'm saying is, the film told you why he took the journey without directly telling you.
Several times.

That last minute literally spells it out for you.

Sure, the movie is slow as fuck, I agree with him on that. But, in my opinion, its far from boring. Richard Farnsworths performance, where he literally put his life into the film (he did the film while he was dying from cancer, took the role because he admired the real Alvin.), Beautiful score (In my top 3 favorite things Angelo Badalamenti has done, including Twin Peaks), and some very interesting characters (Alvin finds a teenage runaway and explains to her the power of family which convinces her to go back, A woman who keeps accidentally killing deer on the road, the conversations he has with another WW2 veteran and the trauma they both still have from it.) Make it far from boring.

Again, thats just me. I've seen it at least 7 or 8 times now and I never got bored.

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lyle was eventually going to see the tractor, sure, but what I'm saying is, the film told you why he took the journey without directly telling you.
Several times.

That last minute literally spells it out for you.

Sure, the movie is slow as fuck, I agree with him on that. But, in my opinion, its far from boring. Richard Farnsworths performance, where he literally put his life into the film (he did the film while he was dying from cancer, took the role because he admired the real Alvin.), Beautiful score (In my top 3 favorite things Angelo Badalamenti has done, including Twin Peaks), and some very interesting characters (Alvin finds a teenage runaway and explains to her the power of family which convinces her to go back, A woman who keeps accidentally killing deer on the road, the conversations he has with another WW2 veteran and the trauma they both still have from it.) Make it far from boring.

Again, thats just me. I've seen it at least 7 or 8 times now and I never got bored.
You expect way too much from Doug Walker. If something isn't spelled out in giant letting you can see from space then he doesn't get it.

Trigger Me Timbers

Reformed Kekistani
kiwifarms.net
Watching his latest "The Mask" review because memberberries.

Shit skits,

Ok Review,

Garbage ad that is stock footage over his voice badly mixed side by side so i thought they were the same ad until i noticed he went from stamps to drafkings in the same breath.

The most notable thing is that he used the word Cuck to refer to a character giving tickets to a girl and not getting to take her.

TVBForever

kiwifarms.net

Attachments

• gex 3 cover art.jpg
    gex 3 cover art.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 17