TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
Spoony is one of the worst, if not the worst, along with my hateboner girl Jacob Hope Chapman.
Can you like... stop the need to bring up how much you hate Hope? I get it but every time somebody mentions the bad stuff or people at Channel Autism you need to say how much you hate her.

She's living rent free in your head and has no idea who you are. You think about her all the time. That's not healthy.

They thought #ChangeTheChannel would be the end of Doug, the person who so undeservedly had a steady, sizable audience, but becuase Doug is an adult that grew up off the internet, he knew to keep his mouth shut on the topic until the mob went away rather than get involved with stupid petty public slapfights over decade old drama.
So did their followers. I remember in the days after the document came out people were whining on Brad's channel how he needed to join with them to stand against the evil that was Doug. When people, rightfully, said that he didn't have to because he was friends with the Walkers they said his career was also over.

Then people mentioned the Fine brothers who everybody said were dead after their ill fated "come use our format for 10% of your earnings" and yet years later they're still popular. Internet drama never stays around for long. People move on. It's only sick and demented individuals who feel the need to continually harp at people for a perceived slight 3 years ago like Allison and the gang.

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So did their followers. I remember in the days after the document came out people were whining on Brad's channel how he needed to join with them to stand against the evil that was Doug. When people, rightfully, said that he didn't have to because he was friends with the Walkers they said his career was also over.

Then people mentioned the Fine brothers who everybody said were dead after their ill fated "come use our format for 10% of your earnings" and yet years later they're still popular. Internet drama never stays around for long. People move on. It's only sick and demented individuals who feel the need to continually harp at people for a perceived slight 3 years ago like Allison and the gang.
The Fine Bros. channel is running on fumes. Have you seen the views they get now? It's under 50K per video on average. Yeah, they're still around but not nearly as popular as they once were,

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
The Fine Bros. channel is running on fumes. Have you seen the views they get now? It's under 50K per video on average. Yeah, they're still around but not nearly as popular as they once were,
But it's the fact that some channels get views to begin with that drive their haters up a wall.

PeriodicTrouble

kiwifarms.net
That wasn't because of the React World controversy. The Fine Bros dealt with a controversy last year about one of them doing a sketch in blackface and employees came out about Racism and Sexism in the company. That controversy hurt them big time considering various reactors left the company.

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
Could be. I honestly haven't watched those guys since the big kerfuffle but even then it wasn't like I was into it. Personally I just think people have had enough of the whole "react" thing.

Smug Chuckler

lul
kiwifarms.net
But has he been cancelled for racism? No.

He pretty much has passed his prime before things went really woke and he dodged a bullet dating that crazy bitch Anna Akana, (also I checked on her, she was shilling for StopAsianHate, but it looks she had cosmetic surgery and she looks more like a mestiza now lol). But yeah I never had a problem with Ray other than him being a bit of a hack but he has gotten his "fuck you" money and enjoys what he does now.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
I mean yeah but the Fine Bros are not as popular and just nobodies nowadays. Like to say a 20 million sub channel that can pull less than 100,000 views per video is still popular is just wrong.
Except to the haters, that's not good enough.

That wasn't because of the React World controversy. The Fine Bros dealt with a controversy last year about one of them doing a sketch in blackface and employees came out about Racism and Sexism in the company. That controversy hurt them big time considering various reactors left the company.
So more riding the wave of the height of BLM to speak out, huh? Sounds like #CTC in all but name, with an added BLM thing. Not sure about Fine Bros, but I doubt they're out and out racists. Or sexists.

Kevin Roberts

Coolest Bitch in Town
kiwifarms.net

Like Epic Meal Time and Smosh.

He pretty much has passed his prime before things went really woke and he dodged a bullet dating that crazy bitch Anna Akana, (also I checked on her, she was shilling for StopAsianHate, but it looks she had cosmetic surgery and she looks more like a mestiza now lol). But yeah I never had a problem with Ray other than him being a bit of a hack but he has gotten his "fuck you" money and enjoys what he does now.

Only funny things about Ray (in my humble opinion) is that he didnt sell Equals Three (that lasted 4 more years) and Your Favorite Martian brand to Maker Studios and letting crazy Kaja Martin host.

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
Like Epic Meal Time and Smosh.
Smosh is still a thing? Aren't those guys like 40 or something now?

I don’t think there is a sizable portion of people who even care about them nowadays especially not to the same extent as Allison and the other ex-contributors
That's the only thing that keeps Allison and the rest going. They want Doug and the rest of Channel Autism dead. Or at the very least broken and living on the streets.

Which is pretty funny if you think about it but highly doubtful.

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
Anthony left years ago, so it's now Ian and a bunch of different actors. They're also in their mid-30s, which is kinda surreal to think about frankly.
Sorry that still doesn't mean anything to me. I've never actually seen Smosh. I just know of them in the same way I know of PewDiePie and other streamers that kids really seem to like for some unknown reason.

I just know they were really popular 10 years ago, they made a couple movies and... that's about it.

Kevin Roberts

Coolest Bitch in Town
kiwifarms.net
Before anyone freaks out too much, this is another “ films I like” reviews that Doug’s been doing more often.

He knows he doesn't have much of really bad Christmas or Halloween movies that he can property review, so he is buying time with "movies I like, but am still going to nitpick" videos.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Before anyone freaks out too much, this is another “ films I like” reviews that Doug’s been doing more often.

He knows he doesn't have much of really bad Christmas or Halloween movies that he can property review, so he is buying time with "movies I like, but am still going to nitpick" videos.
If "films Doug likes" is a way he's going, maybe Doug realizes he's done all he wants to do and is just having fun now.