TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Taking this from the OneyPlays thread.
FEBbT6xXsAM-zx4

FEBbUV1WUAUTeTE

FEBbUpLXsAAGO3F

You think Linkara would sign one of these?
4B4CA833-2207-4C4B-B6AC-8AC87E671793.jpeg8B458378-76BB-40A5-806F-B610B6D186EE.jpeg20A4F677-A19E-4F19-B1B3-DEC2B08AF500.jpeg
One step closer…

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Regarding Doug's politics, he's probably a bog-standard, pre-woke social liberal that dislikes the right generally but also dislikes woke lefties too.

I do know he's really touchy about the topic of abortion though, based on that Breaking Dawn review he did.
I think he edges onto Libertarian myself. Doesn't give a shit as long as you're not harming anyone.

The Grinch

kiwifarms.net
I was wondering for a very long time when he would put out a Series of Unfortunate Events review, which he recently posted. Going off that, I'm curious as to when Doug would do a Harry Potter (HP) review. In his Percy Jackson review I believe, he makes fun of a HP character played by Tamara. I also remember him saying he never got into HP and all the hype in either a behind the scenes or Doug Reviews video. I guess he put it off for so long since he would have to sit down and watch all the movies, 8 total, which isn't easy. I honestly think he's saving the HP reviews to be among some of his last before he retires. Since he's mentioned his favorite movie being Brazil, I'm sure that would be his very last one.

BananaGator

kiwifarms.net
I was wondering for a very long time when he would put out a Series of Unfortunate Events review, which he recently posted. Going off that, I'm curious as to when Doug would do a Harry Potter (HP) review. In his Percy Jackson review I believe, he makes fun of a HP character played by Tamara. I also remember him saying he never got into HP and all the hype in either a behind the scenes or Doug Reviews video. I guess he put it off for so long since he would have to sit down and watch all the movies, 8 total, which isn't easy. I honestly think he's saving the HP reviews to be among some of his last before he retires. Since he's mentioned his favorite movie being Brazil, I'm sure that would be his very last one.
Bold of you to assume he could "retire" in presumably the mid-2040s off a B-tier YouTube show. He probably eventually scales back production to maybe one a month and gets a real job with a production company so he can have a pension and all that. No clue when that would be though.

JohnMc

Mr. Karate
kiwifarms.net
His (and Robs) late mom was very religious. I think Doug (and probably Rob) is semi-religious, probably baptized and occasional church goer. He does enjoy Holydays a lot, especially Christmas.
During his "feud" with James "Angry Video Game Nerd" Rolfe when they were filming their road trip to "Confront the Nerd". Rob mentioned that they were baptized Roman Catholics. Chances are they're most likely Lapsed Catholics.

MugolEx

The suits should cut me a bonus check
kiwifarms.net
He made a lot of jokes at the expense of SJWs over the few recent years, especially in his -out-of-character videos, so he doesn’t have any love for them, at least.
Wait really? You are talking about Doug right? I thought he was still the progressive type? What videos has he done this in?

Last edited:

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wait really? You are talking about Doug right? I thought he was still the progressive type? What videos has he done this in?
He’s probably real progressive and not internet progressive.

He’s been doing so the past few years or so. I’d have to go back and find specific examples, but they tend to happen once every couple of videos or so.

Shieldman

diplomatic inmunity
kiwifarms.net
Haven't watched NC in a couple of years, but I remember the Fallen Kingdom review making waves for very slight anti SJW stuff. I guess that tolerating people like Lindsay and the CTC schizoids will push reasonable people a little right after a while, lol.

I don't enjoy Doug's output, but I think he is a ok dude. Or at least knows how to not come off as a crazy person outside his work.

Jesse

The Aquafag
kiwifarms.net
that crazy leftist woman was always around him and he gets his politics from those around him
Nostalgia Chick? Weren't there several female content creators that became pretty extreme left? Like that one chick that became a tranny in the Digimon video. Forget her name

Just_a_Bored_Guy

Cruising with the guys
kiwifarms.net