TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Herty

Retarded sodomite and Sodomite retard
kiwifarms.net
I love how, from what I’ve seen, Doug just ignores most drama that comes his way, It makes most of his detractors look pretty pathetic.
In this recent video, he says how much he hates social media particularly twitter, that is why he is uncancelable and outlives his enemies, he just doesn't engage in social media slap fighths:

Oh also:
Screenshot_20211228-171154-908.png

General Tug Boat

∆x∆y>=h/4π
kiwifarms.net
For all my previous criticisms of Doug in the past, indeed he is a good sport, and I will have to say that his redemption arc is by far one of the most notable things in that sphere of YouTube at this stage. Sure he still has some misses, but God damn he still has the drive to still keep trucking while assholes like me nitpick.

Doug by just not letting the pressure get to him, won the internet. May his screeching voice haunt the dreams of his former cost tail riders!

A Grey Cat

Meow
kiwifarms.net
The Chad Doug Walker vs The Virgin Lindsay Ellis.
That's what really separates Doug from all the people who fallen around him. Lupa thought she "beat" him after she released the CTC document, and look where she is now. Even though Doug's not raking in a million views a week anymore he's still made more reviewing a grumpy cat movie 6 years after both her review and grumpy cat even still being relevant.

Lindsay's life has been a wreck from day one. She was a struggling college student who left the ozarks or some bumfuck hick town in the hopes of making it big in new york and jumping on the "internet critic bandwagon" when it was at a fever pitch only to fail time and time again. Doug has stayed in good standing with his family and parents even being there for his mom when she passed. Lindsay (like many a young gen xer to millennial and even now a few gen z's unfortunatley) hated her family for what they were and hasn't spoken to them in ages. Doug either stayed off social media or let his pr team handle it and not involve himself in any drama or get addicted to it. Lindsay has only retreated into social media more and more because it offered a hug box as her life fell apart. Doug adapted to changing tastes and experimented with new ideas (for better or worse) Lindsay just stayed the same boring, droning, monotone possibly drunk off her ass act she'd always been even if she didn't have the nostalgia chick name attached to her channels.

TheBeast66

kiwifarms.net
"Frying the Coke" was from the movie "Double Team" with JCVD and Dennis Rodman. It's at the end, they're in the Colosseum in Rome, and explosion goes off and they use a coke machine to protect themselves.

The Big Lipped Alligator Moment was from a Nostalgic Chick episode. It was some cartoon, a couple of alligators start singing and it just comes out of nowhere. It's supposed to represent a moment in a movie which has no place being there and is just put in because musical number.
Big Lipped Alligator was from our "favorite" internet reviewer Nostalgia Chick, it was in reference to All Dogs Go To Heaven where in the movie they come upon a musical number involving a singing alligator. The scene came right outa nowhere happened then had no further impact on the story. Other big lipped alligator moments are Ton Loc singing a love sexy song about eating you as a Gila Monster in Fern Gully, The Chili Bone song from Labyrinth and The Rapping Dog from the Animated Titanic movie.

It was a Nostalgia Chick thing, but Walker ended up taking credit for it, to my knowledge it's been a dead joke since NC returned in 2013 (I think)

Gaear Grimsrud

kiwifarms.net
In this recent video, he says how much he hates social media particularly twitter, that is why he is uncancelable and outlives his enemies, he just doesn't engage in social media slap fighths:

Oh also:
View attachment 2835681

Doug just can't stop winning.

I have even more respect for him than I have for James Rolfe these days.

Just because James clearly doesn't give a shit anymore and is just sleepwalking through everything.

Gaear Grimsrud

kiwifarms.net
That's what really separates Doug from all the people who fallen around him. Lupa thought she "beat" him after she released the CTC document, and look where she is now. Even though Doug's not raking in a million views a week anymore he's still made more reviewing a grumpy cat movie 6 years after both her review and grumpy cat even still being relevant.

Lindsay's life has been a wreck from day one. She was a struggling college student who left the ozarks or some bumfuck hick town in the hopes of making it big in new york and jumping on the "internet critic bandwagon" when it was at a fever pitch only to fail time and time again. Doug has stayed in good standing with his family and parents even being there for his mom when she passed. Lindsay (like many a young gen xer to millennial and even now a few gen z's unfortunatley) hated her family for what they were and hasn't spoken to them in ages. Doug either stayed off social media or let his pr team handle it and not involve himself in any drama or get addicted to it. Lindsay has only retreated into social media more and more because it offered a hug box as her life fell apart. Doug adapted to changing tastes and experimented with new ideas (for better or worse) Lindsay just stayed the same boring, droning, monotone possibly drunk off her ass act she'd always been even if she didn't have the nostalgia chick name attached to her channels.

Not to mention Spoony.

Twitter absolutely DESTROYED Spoony.

He realized that he didn't have to make quality content to get validation and dopamine hits. He could get that almost instantly with a few taps on a keyboard and a click of a mouse.

As far as I know, he still can't tear himself away from Twitter to get anything done with his life.

Frank D'arbo

Back to the days of Christopher Robin and Pooh
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Those of you that really hates the skit stuff might actually enjoy this one. He spends those times pretty much entirely taking the piss out of himself, the skits, the characters, ect. Brad gets a pretty good moment too.
Fun fact: that song, I want a hippopotamus for Christmas, its original B-Side was reworked decades later and partially covered by Ween on the Mollusk album as "I'm Dancing In The Show Tonight"

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net

Oh also:
View attachment 2835681
This, right here, is the reason why Doug Walker is no longer a lolcow in my eyes.

Sure, he still makes cringey content ... But whatever, man. That's all he's guilty of at this point. He takes criticism like a champ, embraces parodies of him, and consistently expresses how grateful he is to be making a living off these silly videos with friends and family.

I can't hate.