TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

BlerdBjern

Do not believe anything I say.
kiwifarms.net
Big Lipped Alligator was from our "favorite" internet reviewer Nostalgia Chick, it was in reference to All Dogs Go To Heaven where in the movie they come upon a musical number involving a singing alligator. The scene came right outa nowhere happened then had no further impact on the story. Other big lipped alligator moments are Ton Loc singing a love sexy song about eating you as a Gila Monster in Fern Gully, The Chili Bone song from Labyrinth and The Rapping Dog from the Animated Titanic movie.

It was a Nostalgia Chick thing, but Walker ended up taking credit for it, to my knowledge it's been a dead joke since NC returned in 2013 (I think)

THat is inaccurate as fuck, as a devoted fan of the noble Gila Monster, I have to say that they do not live in rainforests.

They are in fact native to the american southwest and northwestern mexico. They like deserts and shurb plains.

Also the ton loc lizard was the wrong color.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
I had written off Old, but that dialogue is so ridiculous stilted that I think I need to see it in it's entirety.

I was gonna say, seeing his review makes me really want to check out the movie, because it looks so bizarrely bad.
Welcome to The M. Night Shaymalan Experience. Quality is a coin flip on the best of days now.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Isn't that the same twist with all of Shymalan's movies for the past 20 years now?

The only exemption from this is Split. I went into that movie expecting a Shymalan movie, but I got a good movie instead.
Shymalan is kind of a mixed bag these days. Good, bad, streak either way. After The Village returned to form, you can never really be 100% sure.

UzumakiLeaf

kiwifarms.net
This, right here, is the reason why Doug Walker is no longer a lolcow in my eyes.

Sure, he still makes cringey content ... But whatever, man. That's all he's guilty of at this point. He takes criticism like a champ, embraces parodies of him, and consistently expresses how grateful he is to be making a living off these silly videos with friends and family.

I can't hate.
I also think he has not only learned from his past mistakes but the mistakes of his old "friends" as well.

They tried to drag him through the mud and destroy him on social media. Burn the witch. So he has learned the importance of doing his own thing and not get involved in communities.

CTC and so many people turning on him had to have shaken him. Then seeing how they act on social media and their various dysfunctions. The egos, the self-portance, the drama, cancel culture, the lack of gratitude for what they have. I can see why he would want to have nothing to do with it and accept becoming a little more humble.

PeriodicTrouble

kiwifarms.net
The Old Review has already surpassed the Reindeer Games review in views in less than a day.
1641499604300.png
Age Restriction is a bitch.

Dolphin Lundgren

Picking blueberries with Henry Fonda.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This, right here, is the reason why Doug Walker is no longer a lolcow in my eyes.

Sure, he still makes cringey content ... But whatever, man. That's all he's guilty of at this point. He takes criticism like a champ, embraces parodies of him, and consistently expresses how grateful he is to be making a living off these silly videos with friends and family.

I can't hate.

I have to be honest. Doug never really seemed like much of a lolcow to me. Even when he did bad skits. He was cringy sometimes but that's about it. If the worst thing about him was making dumb jokes, then I can't count him as one. The guy stays out of social media and drama, including during the CTC scandal. Both he and Brad seem to live happy lives, while all the CTC people are miserable. Who are the real lolcows here?

Also, there's this: at least Doug uses his platform to give attention to charities in his videos, so it's not just him making money. Do we see any CTC contributor doing that? No.

PeriodicTrouble

kiwifarms.net
I have to be honest. Doug never really seemed like much of a lolcow to me. Even when he did bad skits. He was cringy sometimes but that's about it. If the worst thing about him was making dumb jokes, then I can't count him as one. The guy stays out of social media and drama, including during the CTC scandal. Both he and Brad seem to live happy lives, while all the CTC people are miserable. Who are the real lolcows here?

Also, there's this: at least Doug uses his platform to give attention to charities in his videos, so it's not just him making money. Do we see any CTC contributor doing that? No.
The closest thing to giving attention to charities that CTC contributors do is by retweeting gofundmes.
1641585141600.png
It is funny that over the years that Doug started off as a lolcow because of #ChangeTheChannel now the #ChangeTheChannel contributors are the lolcows. Allison got her thread because she couldn't move on months after the fact. Linkara's thread page count drastically increased because he had to stick with Lupa and couldn't stop bashing Doug. The main reason this thread has the most amount of pages is because of #ChangeTheChannel, The Wall, and people talking about weekly NCs.
Nobody cares about Allison's videos except to talk shit about her appearance in her video thumbnails. People don't really talk about Linkara's videos except to talk shit about Viga's thumbnails. This shows the long term issue with using #ChangeTheChannel as a way to revitalize their careers is that after getting attention and money from being victims, their videos were not interesting enough to keep people around.
Linkara is stagnant, Allison has a small niche at best, Suede has a small niche, Marzgurl has little success as a streamer, and the others have either given up like Animerica or have even less success like Sean Fausz. The only one that benefited from this controversy is Lindsay Ellis and that's because her videos were interesting enough to keep people watching and give her money on Patreon beyond just being a victim of CA's mismanagement.

King Ghidorah

king of the cosmos and autism
kiwifarms.net
I think he's put clipless reviews on hold for now as they take up production time.
Hopefully they stay on "indefinite hiatus" I honestly don't mind Doug's skits as much as other people but completely cutting out the anchor of the actual movie to twi them around really highlight's doug's more amateurish nature on making original content

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
does Doug even do clipless reviews anymore? Those were probably his worst non demo reel content and he seems to have given up on them for the most part from what I've seen
They were originally for new movies that weren’t out on video yet, but between having to shut down the production location last year because of Covid and a bunch of new movies going straight to streaming, there’s not as much a need to make them.