TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Dolphin Lundgren

Picking blueberries with Henry Fonda.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can at least respect Doug for keeping his friends and coworkers around so they could still make money, instead of dumping them once Demo Reel failed. It seems like he cares about his friends when you think about it. He could have done away with them all.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Looks like the next game Doug is streaming will be Spiderman.
9AC69580-740D-49A1-91F3-17C16D9D04C8.jpeg

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
I have to be honest. Doug never really seemed like much of a lolcow to me. Even when he did bad skits. He was cringy sometimes but that's about it. If the worst thing about him was making dumb jokes, then I can't count him as one. The guy stays out of social media and drama, including during the CTC scandal. Both he and Brad seem to live happy lives, while all the CTC people are miserable. Who are the real lolcows here?

Also, there's this: at least Doug uses his platform to give attention to charities in his videos, so it's not just him making money. Do we see any CTC contributor doing that? No.
I can at least respect Doug for keeping his friends and coworkers around so they could still make money, instead of dumping them once Demo Reel failed. It seems like he cares about his friends when you think about it. He could have done away with them all.
It seems that Doug is one of the precious few who did succeed in turning their online personas into full-fledged careers. With his output and his consistent schedule, you can never accuse the man of getting slow. He really does treat the gig like it's an actual job. And even though he's obviously far from perfect, as his movies attest, he at least puts in the effort to be consistent, unlike some of the CTC folks who have also fallen from grace.

From The Uncanny Valley

suffering is existence
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Big Lipped Alligator was from our "favorite" internet reviewer Nostalgia Chick, it was in reference to All Dogs Go To Heaven where in the movie they come upon a musical number involving a singing alligator. The scene came right outa nowhere happened then had no further impact on the story. Other big lipped alligator moments are Ton Loc singing a love sexy song about eating you as a Gila Monster in Fern Gully, The Chili Bone song from Labyrinth and The Rapping Dog from the Animated Titanic movie.

It was a Nostalgia Chick thing, but Walker ended up taking credit for it, to my knowledge it's been a dead joke since NC returned in 2013 (I think)
Not according to TV Tropes

Common Shadow

kiwifarms.net
I'm waiting for when those idiots Tamara & Malcolm finally fly the coop.

Herty

Retarded sodomite and Sodomite retard
kiwifarms.net
I'm waiting for when those idiots Tamara & Malcolm finally fly the coop.
They seem to most operate the Channel awesome Twitch channel now, since Tamara stopped doing the "Tamara never seen" reviews on Channel Awesome YouTube. And even tho i am not one for cynical takes even if they secret hate his guts, no way they would throw that type of easy guaranteed income away so easily

PeriodicTrouble

kiwifarms.net
They seem to most operate the Channel awesome Twitch channel now, since Tamara stopped doing the "Tamara never seen" reviews on Channel Awesome YouTube. And even tho i am not one for cynical takes even if they secret hate his guts, no way they would throw that type of easy guaranteed income away so easily
Heather seems to be the one who runs the CA Twitch channel. Tamara does streams on Tuesdays and Wednesdays on the CA Twitch Channel while also having streams on her own personal Twitch channel. She also seems to act as a moderator for the CA Twitch channel for Doug's streams as well. Malcolm is part of the group stream on Tuesdays and does streams on Fridays as well I think also acting as a moderator for Doug's streams as well.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Heather seems to be the one who runs the CA Twitch channel. Tamara does streams on Tuesdays and Wednesdays on the CA Twitch Channel while also having streams on her own personal Twitch channel. She also seems to act as a moderator for the CA Twitch channel for Doug's streams as well. Malcolm is part of the group stream on Tuesdays and does streams on Fridays as well I think also acting as a moderator for Doug's streams as well.
Well, I think we know why they're still around.
At least they also stream.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like this slowly growing friendship/mutual respect thing growing between Doug and Oney. Good stuff.
I'm just wondering what will happen first, an Oney cameo of some form in an NC or Doug appearing in something Oney related.

Apparently AVGN wasn't The Devil, he just had a very small cameo elsewhere in the episode.

Last edited:

Articles and Nudes

kiwifarms.net
Kind of a dull review, but suits the movie I guess. My opinion is quite similar to his though - Ewan Mcgregor was an incredible highlight, but overall the movie had no fucking clue what it wanted to be. That and I can't stand Harley Quinn anyway.

I wish he'd delved more into the sloppy writing and character though. Praising Montoya was especially weird, as he doesn't touch on the way the film presents her as being a misunderstood rogue beaten down by sexism...when literally every action of hers makes the situation worse, and the people supposedly ruining her career are never shown as actually doing so.

I didn't hate the film, but man it was all over itself.