TGWTG "Nostalgia Critic" / Doug Walker, Rob Walker, Mike Michaud, Mike Ellis, Holly Christine Brown, et al - The Incompetent Predator-Protecting Upper Management of Channel Awesome, Doug Still Not That Funny

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

McSneaks

kiwifarms.net
I like this slowly growing friendship/mutual respect thing growing between Doug and Oney. Good stuff.
Oney never had any sort of a problem with him and watched his stuff regularly? And NC is doing the opposite getting more and more annoyed with the autistic retards constantly running up to him screeching memes so pretty much the complete opposite of what you said lol

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Kind of a dull review, but suits the movie I guess. My opinion is quite similar to his though - Ewan Mcgregor was an incredible highlight, but overall the movie had no fucking clue what it wanted to be. That and I can't stand Harley Quinn anyway.

I wish he'd delved more into the sloppy writing and character though. Praising Montoya was especially weird, as he doesn't touch on the way the film presents her as being a misunderstood rogue beaten down by sexism...when literally every action of hers makes the situation worse, and the people supposedly ruining her career are never shown as actually doing so.

I didn't hate the film, but man it was all over itself.
Well, my takeaway from the review was that if there was more focus on Harley Quinn herself instead of this weird ensemble thing, then maybe there could have been something. Nothing like setting up The Avengers because Harley Quinn is no Iron Man, but it’d be coherent at least and there’s a supporting character for the universe.

Also, DC’s streaming service has a Harley Quinn animated series that I’ve heard is pretty good.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn is good casting. She does her own stunts, and the Jersey Shore reject Brooklyn accent is the best female accent. But those movies are hopeless.
One of the reasons I enjoyed the new Suicide Squad movie was that Robbie FINALLY got to play Harley in a good movie. She was being wasted up to that point.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oney never had any sort of a problem with him and watched his stuff regularly? And NC is doing the opposite getting more and more annoyed with the autistic retards constantly running up to him screeching memes so pretty much the complete opposite of what you said lol
You’re gonna have to show me some proof of that, chief. Because I’m specifically talking about Doug speaking about liking the jokes Oney made, to signing Oney merch to specifically sending Oney the redrawn thumbnail of the “Nostalgia Critic Vegas” animated for Christmas.

I’m aware Oney has always liked him, I’m just saying that I like that they’re interacting more often.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
The entire DC rollout has been such a mess. Rushing out the Suicide Squad, pushing hard for a Justice League movie, turning this Harley movie into a clunky ensemble. I always thought DC's strengths in the comics was the unique worlds of its main heroes, not the team books.
Well that’s what happens when you’re trying to start a cinematic universe when the MCU is at its peak. And want to directly compete with them.
One of the reasons I enjoyed the new Suicide Squad movie was that Robbie FINALLY got to play Harley in a good movie. She was being wasted up to that point.
You know, Harley Quinn can easily just be written off as a female Deadpool without the fourth wall breaks. But good on WH for finally getting her right I guess.

Also, between this and her animated series, Harley as a lead…there’s only up, right?

Herty

Retarded sodomite and Sodomite retard
kiwifarms.net
Well that’s what happens when you’re trying to start a cinematic universe when the MCU is at its peak. And want to directly compete with them.

You know, Harley Quinn can easily just be written off as a female Deadpool without the fourth wall breaks. But good on WH for finally getting her right I guess.

Also, between this and her animated series, Harley as a lead…there’s only up, right?

A bit too "PC" but otherwise it is ok, it is particularly appealing to people that wanted to see Harley and Ivy relationship of the Batman animated series expanded as it focus quite a bit on that

Bogs

Hold on tight to your dreams
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Or the opposite of what you said. I think you are mixing him up with Linkara, who on a live stream talked about his displeasure at OneyPlays; stating they're the reason everyone makes fun of him and calls him the Lightbringer.

Doug meanwhile said he found his parody hilarious, and liked how they made his voice all exaggerated. Perhaps it was all saving face for his fans, but it seems genuine

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also, DC’s streaming service has a Harley Quinn animated series that I’ve heard is pretty good.
Kinda falls apart in the second season, but the first season is solid, I’d say.
Kind of a dull review, but suits the movie I guess. My opinion is quite similar to his though - Ewan Mcgregor was an incredible highlight, but overall the movie had no fucking clue what it wanted to be. That and I can't stand Harley Quinn anyway.

I wish he'd delved more into the sloppy writing and character though. Praising Montoya was especially weird, as he doesn't touch on the way the film presents her as being a misunderstood rogue beaten down by sexism...when literally every action of hers makes the situation worse, and the people supposedly ruining her career are never shown as actually doing so.

I didn't hate the film, but man it was all over itself.
Watching the review now, it’s actually one of his more editorial videos rather than a full NC review, so that’s probably why it’s duller. His editorial stuff tends to be more straightforward.

That Jussie Smollet joke was pretty on point though.

Zaryiu2

kiwifarms.net
Well, my takeaway from the review was that if there was more focus on Harley Quinn herself instead of this weird ensemble thing, then maybe there could have been something. Nothing like setting up The Avengers because Harley Quinn is no Iron Man, but it’d be coherent at least and there’s a supporting character for the universe.

Unfortunately the show writing started going downhill when they made Ivy and Harley kiss one another after escaping the prison Bane was in charge of and it kept overall going less funn the more Ivy and Harley became like in the comics. Oh and they are doubling down in making season 3 about Harley and Ivy being lesbians after season 2 last episode and bringing "voices of the lgbtq+" communities as consultants for it
I don't have much hope for season 3 oh and poor Kiteman deserved better

Last edited:

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Unfortunately the show writing started going downhill when they made Ivy and Harley kiss one another after escaping the prison Bane was in charge of and it kept overall going less funn the more Ivy and Harley became like in the comics. Oh and they are doubling down in making season 3 about Harley and Ivy being lesbians after season 2 last episode and bringing "voices of the lgbtq+" communities as consultants for it
I don't have much hope for season 3 oh and poor Kiteman deserved better
Kiteman deserved better, but at least he knew it.

Astro Galactic Megalul

Knows secret recipe of the bigot sandwich
kiwifarms.net
Ain’t that from CKY?
I don't know what that is
I got this vid in my recommended the other day and decided to give it a watch: https://youtu.be/Hnh9-yqzqBc?t=752
In it, dude mentions this clip of Doug taking a dump (unless I got the wrong one).
I don't know much about Doug lore, my exposure to Nostalgia Critic is entirely through my younger brother who spent few days binging his videos translated to Russian. He kept showing me fragments from this retard's vids and it was annoying as fuck, that's the only reason I remember this weird-looking motherfucker.

Anyway, let me know if the clip is a dud. I went out of my way to find it because I thought fellow kiwis might find it interesting if it's legit.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Allegedly Doug Walker poopin', NSFL obv:
Sorry if late and heteroflexible

Ain’t that from CKY?

I don't know what that is
I got this vid in my recommended the other day and decided to give it a watch: https://youtu.be/Hnh9-yqzqBc?t=752
In it, dude mentions this clip of Doug taking a dump (unless I got the wrong one).
I don't know much about Doug lore, my exposure to Nostalgia Critic is entirely through my younger brother who spent few days binging his videos translated to Russian. He kept showing me fragments from this retard's vids and it was annoying as fuck, that's the only reason I remember this weird-looking motherfucker.

Anyway, let me know if the clip is a dud. I went out of my way to find it because I thought fellow kiwis might find it interesting if it's legit.
If it's from "Batman & Robin in 5 seconds" then it wasn't him. It was something from Bam Margera I think. This "Doug takes a shit video" came around when Doug had some bluncder of some kind in his content (be it The Wall, the height of #ChangeTheChannel, or something else) which led to his haters believing anything that was thrown at them if it made Doug look bad.