Disaster Notre Dame cathedral burns down - Suspicious hunchbacked individual reported to have fled the scene

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A fire has broken out at the world-famous Notre Dame cathedral in Paris.

Pictures posted on social media showed enormous plumes of smoke billowing into the city's skyline as firefighters rushed to the historic site.

According to French newspaper Le Monde, the fire broke out in the attic of the historic monument before spreading to engulf a large section of the roof.

A spokesperson for the cathedral said the blaze was first reported at 5.50pm (GMT) and the building was evacuated soon after.

Officials in Paris said the fire could be linked to renovation works being carried out at the cathedral.

The cathedral is one the finest example of French Gothic architecture in Europe, and one of the most visited buildings in the world.

Notre Dame - which means 'Our Lady' - was build in 1160 and completed by 1260, and has been modified on a number of occasions throughout the century.

It is the cathedral of the Archdiocese of Paris, and is visited by some 12million people every year.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6925015/Fire-breaks-historic-Notre-Dame-cathedral-Paris.html

https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash

Literally just started a few minutes ago so no articles yet. Watch the tweeter feed for now

EDIT: oh fuck this looks bad

Last edited:

It's HK-47

Meatbag's Bounty of Bodies
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Seems like there is scaffolding around the most intense part of the fire, so I would guess that this was an accient caused by faulty construction/restoration work.
I have a friend who lives just a few blocks down from Notre Dame. That's exactly what they're saying happened. They've been doing routine restoration work on the cathedral lately, and it looks like someone just royally fucked up. It'll be fine, though. Notre Dame's definitely been through much worse.

Edit: I should specify that's not the Notre Dame, it's just an example of how badly these sorts of churches have been damaged in the past, but still managed to be repaired and maintained into the modern age.

Last edited:

Крыса

там хорошо, где меня нет
kiwifarms.net
I started hearing a shitload of sirens I was like WTF last time I heard that many was for the Bataclan, I look out my window and here I see the old lady fucking burning like with massive flames.

They're doing renovation work on the roof (they took out some statues by helicopter a few days ago), apparently it started on the scaffolding

Call me a wuss but I almost cried, I'm not Christian or anything but man this is a big part of my city

I'll upload some pictures

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino