Disaster Notre Dame cathedral burns down - Suspicious hunchbacked individual reported to have fled the scene

Rei is shit

kiwifarms.net
Archived on the assumption Buzzfeed will take it down or at least edit the headline.
https://archive.fo/viS41
Googles fact check shit is awful. I had this pop up yesterday;

Kinda ironic even Hitler didn’t go as far to destroy these landmarks. Guess that makes them worse then Hitler. 🤔
There is actually a pretty good cathedral autist website that spergs out about the germans intentionally destroying cathedrals in ww1 - https://www.abelard.org/france/germans_in_france.php

Of fucking course

Hux

kiwifarms.net
So, how soon you guys want to bet that the company in charge of the reconstruction is going to get liquidated off the face of the Earth for letting this happen?

Reactions: Chester Rigby

RodgerDodger

kiwifarms.net
In the US if you do hot work you have to station someone to watch the area until everything is cool. We do spot welding occasionally at my job, and it's nowhere near dry wood, but the safety guy has to stick around that space until the weld is cool and no signs of fire has shown up anywhere. A single spark from an angle grinder could've smoldered for hours before finally going up in flame.
That is almost certainly what happened. Roof renovations often cause fires. Between cutting and welding. The use of hot sealants and flames, and a major part of this project involved removing a 300 year old lead roof. So the potential for molten lead dribbling into the crawl space below and smoldering for hours.

It will smolder there and slowly grow, until it causes a breach and gets airflow. At which point it suddenly becomes what we saw.

I’m going to speculate that all those “historic” labels made it shockingly unlikely that anybody would have retrofitted the roof spaces with sprinklers. Which almost certainly would have stopped this early on with minimal damage.

I'm glad to hear that. I have a feeling they'll be removed as soon as it's safe, just to ensure they don't have a chance to fall and damage the towers.
The problem isn’t just the fire. It’s all that bloody scaffolding that’s now a massive collapse hazard to firefighters on the ground. That’s what’s hindering a lot of the efforts.

Coh

Tenebrae Perfectae et Nigeres
kiwifarms.net
So, how soon you guys want to bet that the company in charge of the reconstruction is going to get liquidated off the face of the Earth for letting this happen?
You're saying that as if it's a bad thing. It'd be bad enough if you do this to your run-of-the-mill building or apartment complex, but the fact that they weren't extra careful with the most important Church in the nation is so fucking exceptional. I get that accidents can and will happen, but this reeks of carelessness and incompetence

ProgKing of the North

Close to the edge, just by the Riverlands
kiwifarms.net
You're saying that as if it's a bad thing. It's one thing if you do this to your run-of-the-mill building or apartment complex, but the fact that they weren't extra careful with the most important Church in the nation is so fucking exceptional. I get that accidents can and will happen, but this reeks of carelessness and incompetence
What would be considered worse money-wise: some random apartment complex where a bunch of people died, or a historic cultural treasure, but that had no deaths?

Hux

kiwifarms.net
Here's hoping this makes Disney hold off on making one of their shitass live action remakes with Hunchback. Knowing the pattern of quality in them, that would be the biggest sacrilege of all to come out of this

...Oh who am I fucking kidding...

You're saying that as if it's a bad thing. It'd be bad enough if you do this to your run-of-the-mill building or apartment complex, but the fact that they weren't extra careful with the most important Church in the nation is so fucking exceptional. I get that accidents can and will happen, but this reeks of carelessness and incompetence
Oh no, I fully agree. if the president of the company was found dead in a ditch with 10 gunshot wounds in the back of his head from a flintlock musket (declared suicide of course) it would be too good for him. No one on planet Earth is going to want to do business with the company known for destroying the most iconic cathedral in the world

Last edited:

JosephTX

Tex. Penal Code § 9.42(b) (1994) Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
Kinda ironic even Hitler didn’t go as far to destroy these landmarks. Guess that makes them worse then Hitler. 🤔
Hitler tried to, he ordered Paris leveled in 1944 and reportedly screamed at Dietrich von Choltitz "Is Paris burning?" Demanding to know why the Wehrmacht hadn't destroyed it on the eve of the liberation.

3 Months later he completely destroyed 90% of Warsaw.

Coh

Tenebrae Perfectae et Nigeres
kiwifarms.net
What would be considered worse money-wise: some random apartment complex where a bunch of people died, or a historic cultural treasure, but that had no deaths?
I'm not saying that a fire in an apartment complex like this is a good thing nor am I saying that human misery in the form of death is good either. Lord knows that the flooding in the Midwest over the past couple weeks is probably more of a tragedy than this is seeing that dozens of people have died and each of heir lives are irreplaceable, meanwhile a new Notre Dame can be built since we have the plans for it and all the documentation as well . I'm saying it's kinda fucking incompetent to not take some sort of precaution when dealing with national treasures an renovation/restoration. It's why there's so many security measures and measures to preserve the original Constitution and the DoI in place today: because they do contain the spirit of a nation in one way or another.

Some Manajerk

kiwifarms.net
Hitler tried to, he ordered Paris leveled in 1944 and reportedly screamed at Dietrich von Choltitz "Is Paris burning?" Demanding to know why the Wehrmacht hadn't destroyed it on the eve of the liberation.

3 Months later he completely destroyed 90% of Warsaw.
Paris lucked out in that Cholitz really didn't want to destroy paris and deliberately went about following Hitlers orders as slowly as he could, all while talking with various resistance groups and occasionally members of the Allied army.
"Hey guys, i'm going to have to destroy this city, but if you all get here in a hurry i won't have to and that will be swell for everyone involved."

Warsaw was in the hands of the SS at the time, and arguably some of the worst troops even by SS standards.

Kurosaki Ichigo

3 Star Asshole
kiwifarms.net
Hey, fellow Kiwi bystander reporting from Paris. I don't have much to add about the causes of the fire, but that was the situation from the left bank of Paris earlier. Here's some videos taken from 7pm to 10pm about. After that, the fire went inside, and a lot of people dispersed.
View attachment 727065

View attachment 727067

View attachment 727068

View attachment 727069

There were a lot of people kneeling and praying around. It was genuinely very solemn.
View attachment 727070

And here's a video from the church Saint-Sulpice, in another district of Paris. As you can see, there were people there praying too.
View attachment 727071

The last time I've seen that many people out in the streets was when France won the Non-US Football World Cup.

Mosque memes aside, this is actually just very sad.
Im not religious but that sincerely gave me goosebumps.

Lou Wrong

Butthurt about Buddyloids
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of Jewish content, we have Benny S rewriting history.

View attachment 727024

There's that weird, anomalous term that mysteriously cropped up in the 1950s again.
Well if you want to get technical western history is as much about Greeks and Romans as it is about Christians.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino