Disaster Notre Dame cathedral burns down - Suspicious hunchbacked individual reported to have fled the scene

Coccxys

kiwifarms.net
Rate me optimistic but I hope some of the leftists talking about this being a tragedy on Twitter might come to some realisation that the culture they're trying so hard to destroy is important. They usually celebrate anything that signifies the death of Western culture but are instead talking about how awful this is. Like I said rate me optimistic...

The Last Stand

The smartest twins on the planet.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Whether what faith you are, it is quite devastating to see a piece of history (renovated or not) just burn to the ground. I take it this is France's 9/11.

People celebrating this or already making up conspiracy theories of this seriously need to realize the significance that building had to France, its citizens and Catholics alike. I don't know what is more disturbing of this situation. Those people need help.

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net
I wouldn't call it horrifying, I'd call it divine. I mean the spire collapsed through the vaulted ceiling, and yet the altar still stands with its cross. I'd say have the pope bless it, but I'd wait until the next one if I was Catholic.
Technically its already blessed so another blessing would be redundant. So lets thank god for that!

Can't find any other sources to back this up but this guy is getting cannonised down the line if true.

View attachment 727254
True hero! Also I love how all the commies on twitter are screeching about how its pointless to risk your life for inanimate objects that don't have any practical value. Only to godless, souless communists would such things have no value. And like everything else, they can't understand the concept of value at all. Which is why their economic system fails every time.

If you were to explain it to them, you would say that the object itself has no material value, but it represents immaterial concepts and ideas. The devotion of everyone who see's it, the history and tradition they represent, the unifying symbol of all the people who did put value upon it down through the generations.

But they would never understand that. Because commies don't have souls.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
True hero! Also I love how all the commies on twitter are screeching about how its pointless to risk your life for inanimate objects that don't have any practical value. Only to godless, souless communists would such things have no value.
It has no Value since its fake and such artefacts are heretic.
Every good christian knows that the gold of Paris was stolen after a giant massacre and an antichristian edict.

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net
It has no Value since its fake and such artefacts are heretic.
Every good christian knows that the gold of Paris was stolen after a giant massacre and an antichristian edict.
Good sir, the Albigensian Crusade was a just and holy war. The pope said so! :unholy:

In the words of a very wise man before he became old and senile... "Look at this. Its Worthless- ten dollars from a vendor on the street. But I take it, I bury it in the sand for 1,000 years, and it becomes priceless."

Yes, the great cathedrals were monuments to the excesses of the Bishops and Kings who made them. As much political symbols and propaganda as they were places of worship. But for a thousand years they stand and become a focus of the culture and beliefs of generations of people who live around them. And in so doing transcend the base reasons for their initial creation.

What is actually heresy is how the Protestant communions now let Muslims and Jews speak from the altars of their cathedrals. But that is a whole different thread.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
I bet I am going to feel like an idiot for this, but what are you referencing exactly?
St. Bartholomews day massacre and the edict of fontainbleau.

What is actually heresy is how the Protestant communions now let Muslims and Jews speak from the altars of their cathedrals. But that is a whole different thread.
Portestants need to be ruled by reformed christians. its just a religion fr peasants.

Exceptional Mafioso

kiwifarms.net
For some perspective, here’s the Frauenkirche church in Dresden. It was completely in ruins after the war. It remained thus for decades, then got reconstructed within 10-15 years.
View attachment 727272

The cathedral in Nantes got severely damaged by a roof fire in the 70’s. It looks perfectly fine today.
View attachment 727276
This is a very good post.

It is worth remembering that most really old stuff has been fucked up, fixed, rebuilt, changed, undone, upgraded, or modified in some fashion. It's old. Shit happens. Rebuild it better.

Positron

Wild Blue Candor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino