Disaster Notre Dame cathedral burns down - Suspicious hunchbacked individual reported to have fled the scene

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
Technically its already blessed so another blessing would be redundant. So lets thank god for that!
I don't get a lot of stuff about Catholicism, but I thought a priest could bless something, but having the pope bless something was like the extra super blessing. And it differed between the ranks as well, like a bishop was better than a priest, but not as good as a cardinal, etc.

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net
Portestants need to be ruled by reformed christians. its just a religion fr peasants.
Problem with reformed Christians is that anyone can claim to be a reformed christian. FFS, the Mormons claim to be "reformed" Christians. I'm actually a really big fan of much of John Calvins work. Not so much the whole predestination nonsense though. That kinda defeats the point of everything IMO. I prefer Saint Augustine's philosophy that God knows how things began and how they will end, but how we get from the beginning to the end is up to us.

Beyond that its really hard to pin down what a "reformed" christian is as there are infinite numbers of variables. Calvinists and Presbytyrians are the extent of my knowledge, but the modern Presbytyrian Church is a den of heresy that has had ecumincal synods with wiccans so fuck em. I hear the Methodists are okay. But its rare to run into one of those outside middle America.

White Devil's Advocate

The Rock n'Roller outta controller
kiwifarms.net
I have to say ... I went to France when I was in high school on a foreign exchange program, and some of the must see's I had were the Louvre, Napoleon's Tomb, and Notre Dame. And I remember when I was there it was every bit as grand and beautiful as I had heard. More so. I remember getting to go on to the rooftop area and looking at those old gargoyle statues on there, that was a pretty sweet detail that stuck out for me. And now that's all gone. That wonderful grandness that stood for nearly 900 fucking years utterly ruined in an hour.

With all that being said ... however this may have happened whether through some accident, mere human stupidity, or something more insidious (who knows at the moment), I think this is a landmark and truly symbolic moment of the decline of Europe. It's the fiery cherry on the shit cake that is Europe. And it's with a truly heavy heart I say this .... Europe is dead.

LONG LIVE EUROPE

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
Most of those woke accounts celebrating this come from countries that achieved nothing that big or relevant. Their jealousy is obvious.

Can't find any other sources to back this up but this guy is getting cannonised down the line if true.

View attachment 727254
I've read different takes on this. What I read earlier was that most of the important things were already removed due to the renovations, including the crown.

Yaito-Chan

Let's face it, you'll never be as rich as me.
kiwifarms.net
France is on Europe, right? The same continent that imports peoples of various religions and cultures around the world, including those that are antagonistic to Christianity, right? The church coincidentally burns on Holy Monday of Holy Week. Hmm, this is going to need a lot of detective work to figure out, really doing some big 🤔 here.

Matthew216

kiwifarms.net
Problem with reformed Christians is that anyone can claim to be a reformed christian. FFS, the Mormons claim to be "reformed" Christians. I'm actually a really big fan of much of John Calvins work. Not so much the whole predestination nonsense though. That kinda defeats the point of everything IMO. I prefer Saint Augustine's philosophy that God knows how things began and how they will end, but how we get from the beginning to the end is up to us.

Beyond that its really hard to pin down what a "reformed" christian is as there are infinite numbers of variables. Calvinists and Presbytyrians are the extent of my knowledge, but the modern Presbytyrian Church is a den of heresy that has had ecumincal synods with wiccans so fuck em. I hear the Methodists are okay. But its rare to run into one of those outside middle America.
Speaking as a Methodist, I think we’re pretty good all in all. The only real problem is usual in-church politics, and that vote on gay marriage awhile ago (it failed).

Reactions: GeneralFriendliness

Qi Meng Dealer

No one's idea of a hot date
kiwifarms.net
Make The Vatican pay for it. God knows they've demanded money from people, rich and poor, for centuries.
I know a lot of Christian sects demand a tithe out of their followers, with some even mandating a hard percentage of income, minimum. Then there are groups who operate under the "prosperity gospel" method (think TV preachers), where they promise that the more you give, the more money would come back.

As for Catholicism, though, while it used to be that you can buy indulgence in centuries past, that has been outlawed some time ago. Modern Catholicism do not require followers to give money, it's totally optional.

I'm sure it goes without saying that the Vatican will shell out money to repair Notre Dame, though.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
females, non saxon or greek, why are they allowing them to study that anyway?

Speaking as a Methodist, I think we’re pretty good all in all. The only real problem is usual in-church politics, and that vote on gay marriage awhile ago (it failed).
the science is pretty clear, gays are born that way, judging them would be wrong.
(the science behind that is a bit of a taboo atm, but basicly, its an alergic reaktion in the mothers body causing gayness.)

Yes, fellow American. France is right next to other European nations such as Paris and London, and the muslim ethnostate known as the UK.
yes!

Reactions: ConfederateIrishman

JosephTX

Tex. Penal Code § 9.42(b) (1994) Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
It will be almost impossible to rebuild correctly. It had lead sheets for roofing for Pete's sake, specifically on the main spire. Good luck getting modern envirofags to approve that again.

Not to mention the artifacts that were inside. No fire in the building has been this large before. Saw a video from NBC that part of Jesus' crown of thorns was inside.

Regardless of if it was truly part of his crown, it was a VERY old artifact with VERY high significance.

If this was perpetrated by muslims... God have mercy on them. The pope may be cucked and bends over backwards for liberals these days, but this will drastically redpill (blackpill?) many Catholics.

Deus vult.
But you have to remember the spiral was a 19th century replacement from 1849 of the 13th century one which was on the verge of collapse in 1825 so there's not much lost there except the fragment of the crown of thrones that was attached to the top.

That said, objectively, what why does it matter if they use lead sheets or not on the replacement? It was just a common material in 1849, it has no special properties or characteristics over modern steel.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Wacky Delly Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
LONG LIVE EUROPE
I also visited Europe when I was younger, before the refugee crisis and identity politics of Current Year. I never got to see Paris though. But even as late as then, I got a sense of Europe having real history and culture. Modern day Europe reminds me of the collapse of the Roman Empire.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino