[November 2019] The Pokémon Sword scamthrough - DSP plays Pokémon Sword while people pay money to name his Pokémon

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

SkippyLongbottom

kiwifarms.net
So with the way things go, and you get your pokemon named, you do get to have it in your party. The kicker is it's only for the rest of the day.

Someone wanted their skunk pokemon named, and it would stay in the party for the rest of the DAY. This was about with only 1 hour 15 minutes left. And he even failed to rename it.

So this shit is only temporary and he expects people to keep paying money to have shit constantly renamed to their liking and for it to get boxed at the end of the day. A full reset most likely. Almost like his "daily" aka one stream tips goal that gets erased.

He's still in the fucking wild area...
Yeah we know how these streams will go. He's pulling an Ash Ketchum here and it's a bit sad.

By the way since you know Phil never watches other streamers, he got this idea of having named pokemon under a paywall from other streamers. Really makes you think

drgnkiller

kiwifarms.net
He's still in the fucking wild area...

Just noticed his levels...if he keeps this up he'll be overlevelled for the second gym.
The actual story in these games are always a cakewalk. The real challenge in this one is the Wild Area or wild Pokemon in general, which keep kicking his ass no matter the lvl.

If nothing else, this playthrough has inspired me to buy Pokemon Sword and do a playthrough of it. There's no chance in hell that it will be as bad as this, and the game does look fun.
Game's alot better than people that don't play make it out to be. Gym fights are really cool.

Last edited:

WeeblesWobble

kiwifarms.net
The actual story in these games are always a cakewalk. The real challenge in this one is the Wild Area or wild Pokemon in general, which keep kicking his ass no matter the lvl.

Game's alot better than people that don't play make it out to be. Gym fights are really cool.
I bought Pokemon Sword after a hiatus from the games for a while. The wild zone is really just a level farming area. There's a cap on the level of pokemon you can catch. I have never seen this before in a pokemon game and after some research it was explained as being a way to balance the game. I found out after trying to catch a level 38 pokemon while my cap was 35 even though the "this level pokemon will listen to you" mechanic from even the first game is up to 50. I guess I can kind of get the balancing explanation as the gyms seem pretty easy. I don't know how Phil could possibly be getting his ass kicked by wild pokemon unless he is completely ignoring type matchups given the fact that all of your team get exp. even if they don't fight.

• Informative
Reactions: Haunter

TheKatIsNowGone

Praise the Sun!
kiwifarms.net
Just because you like the game doesn't mean that everyone with complaints is wrong or "hasn't played it", not sure where this weird mindset comes from but there are plenty of legitimate grievances with Sword and Shield. Don't be a narcissist like Phil and assume only your way of thinking is correct.

SkippyLongbottom

kiwifarms.net
Just because you like the game doesn't mean that everyone with complaints is wrong or "hasn't played it", not sure where this weird mindset comes from but there are plenty of legitimate grievances with Sword and Shield. Don't be a narcissist like Phil and assume only your way of thinking is correct.
Yuh. Don't be a Phil like his rant during Stranger Things 3 where the game is absolute shovelware and the only people hating it just ADHD KIDDIES THAT WANT BANG BANG SHOOTY EXPLOSION ACTIONS.

You can like shit and have fun, but every game has flaws. Pokemon has way more flaws that people are ignoring because of the idea they are having fun. These are very fervent people who defend their IP and game companies with what I'm going to assume, to have future benefits from.

Fuck, my favorite game of the year is DMC5 but even I know the flaws of it. I can totally get behind them because they are usually shared with people that also like the game.

Pokemon I grew up with and even I would like to defend GameFreak but they, in my opinion, dropped the ball hard. This is a 300 ish usd system and feels like it's gutted. Pokedex cut in half is a bummer, not because what some people feel that we cannot "catch em' all", it's more of to do with the fact I cannot play with my favorites. Where's my nigga Scyther and Squirtle? I don't want to play with what looks like a teacup, or a literal fucking apple.

Sorry for rant. But let's see how Phil goes to admit the games flaws. He may like it and say it's fun, but let's not forget his idea of fun is equal to amount of money he's getting out of it. Which leads to my second dumb paragraph about others going defensive mode for future benefits(Phil's case being easy $$$).

Last edited:

SowonNation

너무 지나쳐
kiwifarms.net
I feel like the only reason why people come out and say "the game is fun. A lot of improvements, and people hating on it simply haven't played it" is because they try to justify their pre-orders, or the fact that they bought the game in the first place.

Only way I can put it is that Sword and Shield are a product of ultimate laziness. GF certainly caters to a younger audience with the game, and children don't care about the flaws that came with Gen 8. You can't sugarcoat the lack of content and dexit by just saying that the competitive aspect of Sword and Shield will flourish under the QoL improvements implemented by GF.
Hardcore fans will enjoy the game, and I honestly hope anyone that bought the game gets something out of it. No one should try to sway anyone's opinion by crapping on the game or white-knighting it to death.
It's probably for the better to just wait until a third version is released sometime in 2020/2021. Can't shake off the feeling that we'll see a similar cycle that's comparable to Gen 4 (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum).

NervousSideEye

kiwifarms.net
I feel like the only reason why people come out and say "the game is fun. A lot of improvements, and people hating on it simply haven't played it" is because they try to justify their pre-orders, or the fact that they bought the game in the first place.

Only way I can put it is that Sword and Shield are a product of ultimate laziness. GF certainly caters to a younger audience with the game, and children don't care about the flaws that came with Gen 8. You can't sugarcoat the lack of content and dexit by just saying that the competitive aspect of Sword and Shield will flourish under the QoL improvements implemented by GF.
Hardcore fans will enjoy the game, and I honestly hope anyone that bought the game gets something out of it. No one should try to sway anyone's opinion by crapping on the game or white-knighting it to death.
It's probably for the better to just wait until a third version is released sometime in 2020/2021. Can't shake off the feeling that we'll see a similar cycle that's comparable to Gen 4 (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum).
I'm enjoying it, but I 100% see why a lot of fans have gripes with it. I just cant believe Phil is having any sort of problem with it. It's so easy as long as you level appropriately. Grind a bit and you're godlike. It will also hold your hand with type matchups, letting you know how effective a move is as long as you've battled that Pokemon before. There is no reason why he should have any trouble, except for begging for "tips"

Reactions: WeeblesWobble

WeeblesWobble

kiwifarms.net

I like it for the most part but it is certainly not giving me the type of joy that Gold and silver did back in the day. This feels like tech demo and when i see pokemon perform a move and their sprite kind of just wiggles around I get the feeling that GF focused too much on the presentation of the gyms (which are pretty good I guess) and not enough on the stuff you'll be dealing with the other 95% of the time. This is not a game for hardcore players, only hardcore fans. There isn't much emphasis or need for min maxing. Most people will cruise through the first 6 or so gyms with no problem. Think I got through three without even switching out pokemon.

Anyway, Phil should be able to finish this game in four or five long streams. You don't even have to wait to fly to cities, you can avoid battles completely if you sneak around and the gyms are easy.

Reactions: SowonNation

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyway, Phil should be able to finish this game in four or five long streams. You don't even have to wait to fly to cities, you can avoid battles completely if you sneak around and the gyms are easy.
So what I'm hearing is he's going to somehow drag it out over ~10-15 shorter streams by "exploring" so he can squeeze out as much money as possible.

drgnkiller

kiwifarms.net
Literally just said it's better than people make it out to be, especially ones that haven't even given it a try. (People that actually play it like it.) Not that everyone's dead wrong and I'm right.

It's amazing how you can never have a different opinion without people going "that's DSP thinking right there".

Slander Man

kiwifarms.net
Literally just said it's better than people make it out to be, especially ones that haven't even given it a try. (People that actually play it like it.) Not that everyone's dead wrong and I'm right.

It's amazing how you can never have a different opinion without people going "that's DSP thinking right there".
I unfollowed your twitter because of you constantly defending the game against legitimate complaints. It's blatant fanboyism

SkippyLongbottom

kiwifarms.net

See the try it before you buy it argument is a bit silly because for me to have to try it, I'd have to buy it, correct? Well there's 60 dollars down the drain, just to try it. As a consumer I already gave my money away, to try an RPG nonetheless. They already won at that point.

Then there's the idea that well, it's Pokemon. Everyone is familiar how Pokemon goes. Then to play it, I would need a 300 dollar console. Then you think hmm, a console Pokemon game, I wonder what they could pull off now since we are going from 3DS, to a more powerful machine(lol).

So, you got your Pokeyman game ready to go. Oh what the fuck, where is Bulbasaur? Where's this Pokemon I like? Oh, but I thought since it's a console Pokeyman game, they would be able to fit more stuff! Wait a minute, this looks like some reused animation from Go? I thought we could have all new cool looking shit. Well some of the moves are cool shit. Oh what the fuck, why is my Wingull not even flapping his fuckin wings during battle? Is he an airplane?

Oh okay fucking weird but ok lets just go. Wow these textures look like fucking ass. Look at that tree. Am I still playing a 3ds game? Anyway let me ride around and look for some Mons bruh. Oh shit this tree just popped in 20 feet in front of me, oh shit this Pidgey(not in the game by the way) just appeared right beside me like its DBZ.

Alright then let's just do the story fuck it dude already paid 60 bucks for it. I'm sure it gets better 20-40 hours in. Oh shit I just beat the game. Well lets see what to do post game...and it's fucking nothing.

You get the point man. It's more of a way of protecting a consumer. I've been there before. I bought No Man Sky on release, and I tried to make it work and I just said fuck it. Had my doubts, I didn't listen to others, the reviews said it was good yada yada. Into the trash it went.

The issue revolves around these influencers, and reviewers totally neglecting the bad parts of the game just because they got paid. A 9.3 was it? Shit, it must be good, the lady didn't even give me any flaws, it has to be really good!

Then you have the blatant fanboys who will plug their fucking ears and say it's FUN. You know who else says a game is fun? Phil. Phil actually had fun on the most shit fucking games like Sonic 06' and Ride to Hell. Phil will bitch and moan and trash a game but when he's being thrown money, all of a sudden he turns that frown upside down and say how much fun he's having.

So go ahead and play your jank ass game and say you enjoy it, but don't be confused on why people are just totally trashing it for what it is and want to keep their money, or even go back to playing sun/moon/platinum. The games where I'm not playing with tea kettles, chairs, and apples for pokemon, but actual cool shit.

I can have fun playing some cheap fucking multiplayer game with friends and make fun of how bad it is, without having to spend 60 dollars +300 for the console.

In summary: Not enough water / 10, I hate Nintendo fans.

Edit#28: By the way dude, this is not a personal attack and I apologize if it came that way. I'm this close to getting rid of my twitter.

Last edited:

Shambler

kiwifarms.net
You get the point man. It's more of a way of protecting a consumer. I've been there before. I bought No Man Sky on release, and I tried to make it work and I just said fuck it. Had my doubts, I didn't listen to others, the reviews said it was good yada yada. Into the trash it went.
no mans sky devs actually tried to improve the game and deliver the product they promised and whether or not you agree they reached that point, most of the nms buyers think they have a good game now

TheKatIsNowGone

Praise the Sun!
kiwifarms.net

And yet later you say this implying you're salty about the whole "national dex" controversy.
I'm playing it and seeing it for what it is. Not fanboyism to enjoy something and feel the complaints like NationalDex don't matter to me. If the game felt empty then sure, but it doesn't.
May not bother you but for the people who have been carrying over monsters since gen 3 it's a pretty big deal. I mean I guess fuck Squirtle and Bulbasaur fags, they aren't as cool as Charizard-Chads m'right? Just saying your first comment sounded like it had a little salt to it, looks like I may have been right.

Being mad about people being legitimately upset about removing features to the point where this console game has less features than the previous two generations on handheld (while keeping all the terrible animations stright from the 3DS) is silly. Stop it.

Last edited:
Tags
None