[November 2019] The Pokémon Sword scamthrough - DSP plays Pokémon Sword while people pay money to name his Pokémon

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Comma

kiwifarms.net
Imagine having received a $100 tip, only to complain about cheers being low and suggesting people could still beat the $100 top tip to name a Pokémon...

Yes, he actually went there... It's disgusting as fuck.

Nixxit

kiwifarms.net
How has DSP handled the naming thing on Pokemon, BTW ? I don't imagine he only sold the naming rights to 6, so does he just keep rotating pokemons on his team to have new ones to name ? Tell me he actually names them as he sends them to the storage bin.

Immortal Technique

©™
kiwifarms.net
How has DSP handled the naming thing on Pokemon, BTW ? I don't imagine he only sold the naming rights to 6, so does he just keep rotating pokemons on his team to have new ones to name ? Tell me he actually names them as he sends them to the storage bin.
Top "contributor" of the stream gets to name 1 pokemon of their choosing. In the mean time, he names them during the game. He's too lazy to try to tard cum naming rights to anything more than 1 per stream.

GnomeofDoc

What? I like weird old guns.
kiwifarms.net
Top "contributor" of the stream gets to name 1 pokemon of their choosing. In the mean time, he names them during the game. He's too lazy to try to tard cum naming rights to anything more than 1 per stream.
I mean fuck it, hold a mini auction right when you catch the Pokémon. It just seems tedious to have it be top contributor at the end of the stream for only one of the Pokémon.

Muppetmode

kiwifarms.net
I mean fuck it, hold a mini auction right when you catch the Pokémon. It just seems tedious to have it be top contributor at the end of the stream for only one of the Pokémon.
So he’s basically copying his Minecraft format. He’s just lazy and scummy. I/ he still doing that shit where they have to email him or something if they don’t say anything on stream?

SkippyLongbottom

kiwifarms.net
So he’s basically copying his Minecraft format. He’s just lazy and scummy. I/ he still doing that shit where they have to email him or something if they don’t say anything on stream?
Top contributah after the session gets to name some shit for the next session and have him use it just for one stream. Then it gets boxed for the next dumbass that gives him money.

• Informative
Reactions: TheKatIsNowGone

TheKatIsNowGone

Praise the Sun!
kiwifarms.net
So now we can be the top contributor during Pokemon and rename a previously named pokemon that someone paid to name.
I think the only reason he's letting it be renamed is that the name was only put on a random mon (because the tipper allegedly didn't specify a mon he wanted named just a name), so he says he's going to put that name on another mon and potentially rename the named mon to what RHAB wants.

Basically exactly what you said but veiled in pignosis speak. It's greed, greed is massively strong.

SkippyLongbottom

kiwifarms.net
I think the only reason he's letting it be renamed is that the name was only put on a random mon (because the tipper allegedly didn't specify a mon he wanted named just a name), so he says he's going to put that name on another mon and potentially rename the named mon to what RHAB wants.

Basically exactly what you said but veiled in pignosis speak. It's greed, greed is massively strong.
The fact there are a lot of "what if..." and "can I do this/that..." just shows how arbitrarily fucked up it is and he really didn't put much thought into it being fair. He's just making up shit on the fly; It's all "we'll do it live" nonsense.

Anything that comes up he will capitalize on. Oh, you did the stupid penne point system to name shit before the game started? Too bad. He has your money now. Oh you didn't actually donate higher than the 25 dollars by one cent? Sorry bruh, shit out of luck and thanks for the money, stupid.

There are no clear cut rules, just like his stream. No politics or real life drama/trolls, but let me go off on a rant about it for 10 minutes and how I was 4th place at EVO. Then let me scorn you in front of everyone because you didn't follow my imaginary rules that aren't really displayed or laid out.

WeeblesWobble

kiwifarms.net
So I finished the game over the weekend. Checked and have about 20 hours in it. Some things I have noticed

-This game holds your hand more than any Pokemon game I can remember.
-The "Elite Four" is the easiest by far. You can leave and come back between matches, their levels are pretty bitch tier. -The champion is a pushover.
-The rival fights are way too easy, I remember being furious getting my ass kicked by Red back in the day, I 1-hit kill Hop's team in every fight except the first couple.
-Beat the game with the majority of my team at about level 60, don't remember that ever being the case. Especially since this game gives your entire party EXP for beating something AND you get EXP for catching Pokemon and camping.

All in all, this game is way too easy, and this is coming from someone who isn't that good at video games. I might watch Phil do the "Elite Four" Section of it, because I can see it being slightly annoying if you don't know match types, but they make it so easy. You can leave to heal and swap out teams between every single match.

I see Phil is stretching the play time on this thing by basically wandering around fighting random pokemon. I thought I would have to grind levels, but it wasn't necessary. I'm curious to see how long he has been playing. It shows play time on the save screen if anyone is wondering.

ALSO! Apparently there is a bug with the auto save feature that could wipe your entire Switch Memory card. It corrupts everything on the card and you have to redownload all of your digital games.

Edit: 15 hours in, with three badges,

Last edited:

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just wanted to mark that for the first time in quite a while (since paladintybo decided to swing his e-thumbdick around, I think), Phil's "GIMME MONEY TO NAME A POKEYMAN" scheme got some interest.

From two dipshits, one of whom I'm pretty sure was a fan making a Liquid Richard reference (LRProductions?). The other was CMFool, who dumped at least $49 that I saw in a losing effort. Meanwhile, Le Troll LRProductions dropped at least $68.66. So out of $173, $117.66 came from these two geniuses.

Comma

kiwifarms.net
Two things from today's Pokéscam stream:

1. DSP fans generally aren't known for being the sharpest knife in the drawer, but get a load of this dumbass:

Kinda offtopic, but this is the sped who has been spamming DSP's streams with unfunny "jokes" to get DSP to play The Quiet Man, mostly by tipping him. He rarely talks in chat, but when he does, he really comes off as being slow in the head or something:

CMFool chat 1.PNG CMFool chat 2.PNG
CMFool chat 3.PNG CMFool chat 4.PNG

♿ (:_(

2. Someone asked DSP why not both top cheer and top tip get to name a Pokémon. DSP's answer:

TL;DW he says it's more of a competition when it's just one Pokémon per stream getting named, and that naming multiple Pokémon will be confusing and too hard to track. Or some shit.

My theory: he's lazy.

That, and/or he's hoping autistic bidding wars break out between cheerers and tippers, where tips - his ultimate goal during every single stream - typically should win in the end (mainly because bits cost 40-25% more than what they're actually worth in a bidding war). In other words: bits have a chance of boosting tips.

Today seems to be the exception to the rule, btw, as no one has beaten a 2K cheer yet. Though, it could also be an indication of the whole Pokéscam thing losing its effect. But yeah, who the fuck knows anymore with these people, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Tags
None