[November 2019] The Pokémon Sword scamthrough - DSP plays Pokémon Sword while people pay money to name his Pokémon

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Muppetmode

kiwifarms.net
this exceptional individual
Two things from today's Pokéscam stream:

1. DSP fans generally aren't known for being the sharpest knife in the drawer, but get a load of this dumbass:

View attachment 1034107

Kinda offtopic, but this is the sped who has been spamming DSP's streams with unfunny "jokes" to get DSP to play The Quiet Man, mostly by tipping him. He rarely talks in chat, but when he does, he really comes off as being slow in the head or something:

View attachment 1034126 View attachment 1034127
View attachment 1034128 View attachment 1034129

♿ (:_(

2. Someone asked DSP why not both top cheer and top tip get to name a Pokémon. DSP's answer:

View attachment 1034119

TL;DW he says it's more of a competition when it's just one Pokémon per stream getting named, and that naming multiple Pokémon will be confusing and too hard to track. Or some shit.

My theory: he's lazy.

That, and/or he's hoping autistic bidding wars break out between bits and tips, where normally speaking tips - his ultimate goal during every single stream - should win in the end (mainly because bits cost 40-25% more than what they're actually worth). In other words: bits could boost tips.
definitely a lazy and scum combo. Cucked the fuck out of cmfool there. Why does he always go full child entertainer for Pokemon?

Comma

kiwifarms.net
Post from the main thread showing the Pokéscam in all of its glory:

This motherfucker...

This motherfucker had the balls to pressure his viewers into giving more money by complaining about the contributions so far today...

View attachment 1039385
(also notice the disbelieve on his face when he mentions the top tipper, who has been there since pre-stream)

- 1735 bits cheered (not even counting the 300 bits cheered by goldencolts right before the stream)
- 10 tier 1 subs during the stream (4 gifted)
- $41 in tips

$83.35 / 3.25 hours = $25.64 per hour, or $59K a year (applying his usual 8 hours a day, 6 days a week streaming schedule)

Slowly but surely he's getting addicted to people throwing heaps of money at him, and every time there are signs of it not being a stream where he hits the jackpot, alarm bells go off.

Money has become his heroin.

-EDIT-

Look at how much it annoys him that the top contributor still hasn't been beaten:

View attachment 1039444

-EDIT2-

He just can't help himself... He's so pissed off about the top tip being "only" $15 from pre-stream:

View attachment 1039457

SojiroSakura

kiwifarms.net
it brings me great pain when phil uses his 51 pokemon to try and capture a level 31 pokemon instead of swapping to one that doesn't threaten to kill it in a single hit
Uhhh, no! Peepul who use their best/favorite pokemon and beat the game without much struggle are playing the game wrong, dood! You HAVE to use under-leveled ones that your viewers pay you for while wasting a half hour healing them over and over to get the full experience! *SNORT*

Shambler

kiwifarms.net
Uhhh, no! Peepul who use their best/favorite pokemon and beat the game without much struggle are playing the game wrong, dood! You HAVE to use under-leveled ones that your viewers pay you for while wasting a half hour healing them over and over to get the full experience! *SNORT*
so alotapeepul are telling me that "spending hours just catching pokemans" isn't getting me anywhere and i just gotta say, i need that money i do this to get your money because i want you to name my mons

Wurstbrot

This was my depression
kiwifarms.net
GUESS WHO JUST RAGEQUIT POKEMON STREAM?!‽‽
Archived by the archival archive of archivalness, in video and audio in this modern era of media sharing.

Edit: Phil wants to catch the special event Snorlax but refuses to invite fans or play with randoms. So all he gets are mostly garbage NPCs, in a Raid which is supposed to be played with human interaction. And instead of at least trying, he throws everything attached to his pig shaped body off and ragequit a game for 10 year olds, because one of the NPCs uses a Magikarp again.
Waah, waah. Nintendo so unfair, sniff sniff. Nearly 40 year old mature adult, life long gamer, finance degree.

Last edited:

Martys_not_smarty

You don't know what hard times are daddy.
kiwifarms.net
Watching that Tweet I'm starting to get on board with the whole stroke/palsy deal with his face when he did that "there's another magikarp " line there was nothing going on up there except for a slight eye bulge then just straight apathy as if he's just phoning in his schtick so he doesn't even try to react cause the wheelchairs will just keep coming back.

Reactions: Shabobus

Very Honest Content

(Formerly a) Niggo(?)
kiwifarms.net
He doesn't get paid for the viewer rewards they use to select his party pokemon. I know this is a legit answer to a snark comment but still, pokemon autism is the most useless type of autism...

The predicting a magikarp on his side rage quit was literally the most entertaining part of this game he's streamed yet, maybe the only truly entertaing part, so I think the AI knew it needed to do something, anything, to save this fucking godbear forsaken stream series.

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
DSP actually ran into a shiny Espeon... I was actually expecting him to kill it, but he didn't, he actually caught it. I'm kinda impressed.
1) He didn't know it was a shiny. Chat lost its shit and told him it was. He absolutely would have killed it without a second thought.
2) He had some special pokeball that had a higher chance to capture when used right away during a wild encounter.
3) He got lucky and caught it first try.

Wing Zero

kiwifarms.net
I don't play Pokemon because I'm not 12 so can someone explain what makes a shiny Pokemon better than a normal one besides the color.
Shiny Pokemon are just a stupidly rare color swap. They don't have better stats or get access to more moves. It just gets a sparkle effect when you throw it out in battle.

• Informative
Reactions: mollymawk

Comma

kiwifarms.net
As if running this scam wasn't shady enough in and of itself, DSP decided to lie to frequent tipper GoodGameGoblin about why the top contribution needs to be one single contribution instead of it being all contributions added up per contributor during a stream:

This is a lie, because DSP can see the email address attached to every donation, so he can easily verify if it's the real deal or an imposter.

Actual reason: it's too much work for him because he's a lazy bum and the way he keeps count of cheers/tips is dumb.

Oh, and while we're on the subject: GoodGameGoblin had some buyer's remorse after CMFool outbid him:

CMFool top contribution Pokéscam.png

goodgamegoblin $12 down the drain Pokéscam scammed.PNG

Thanks for the money, dummy!
dspThumbsup_33p.png

Last edited:
Tags
None