[November 2019] The Pokémon Sword scamthrough - DSP plays Pokémon Sword while people pay money to name his Pokémon

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

BusyMaribo

Ara Ara...
kiwifarms.net
It's easier, but it's easier because there are easier ways yo ensure your shiny rate goes up, if you know what you're doing. Phil didn't do any of the methods, he was just pretty lucky. Any one encounter has a 1/4096 chance to be shiny in SwSh.
it took me 634 egg hatches to get a shiny bounsweet, and thats with the masuda method.

Mr.PiggyOinkOinkOink

kiwifarms.net
Man I went completely dark on his Pokémon streams after the first one made it apparent this shit was maximum clown mode, but I started listening to his pre stream from today and he immediately started spouting off nonsense that annoyed me

“I don’t know how people can say this game is lacking content, it’s got the wild area”

Bruh it’s one big area that lets you catch Pokémon? What’s exactly engaging content about that? Just because you are dragging ass in this play through to smell every fucking flower doesn’t mean the game has plenty of content.

He has the critical thinking skills of a child, he sees a big open area and sees a bunch of pokemon on the map and he thinks there’s some massive substance or depth to it. It’s just another area to catch Pokémon.

If he would actually bother to beat the story and realize the game is barebones on post game stuff a few neurons might fire off and make him realize the game is actually lacking in meaningful content behind the basic story, and I say meaningful because the basic concept of catching Pokémon isn’t anything new Just because you put them in a big open area

Sparkletor

kiwifarms.net
Man I went completely dark on his Pokémon streams after the first one made it apparent this shit was maximum clown mode, but I started listening to his pre stream from today and he immediately started spouting off nonsense that annoyed me

“I don’t know how people can say this game is lacking content, it’s got the wild area”

Bruh it’s one big area that lets you catch Pokémon? What’s exactly engaging content about that? Just because you are dragging ass in this play through to smell every fucking flower doesn’t mean the game has plenty of content.

He has the critical thinking skills of a child, he sees a big open area and sees a bunch of pokemon on the map and he thinks there’s some massive substance or depth to it. It’s just another area to catch Pokémon.

If he would actually bother to beat the story and realize the game is barebones on post game stuff a few neurons might fire off and make him realize the game is actually lacking in meaningful content behind the basic story, and I say meaningful because the basic concept of catching Pokémon isn’t anything new Just because you put them in a big open area
It's all an act. He is not at all invested in the game, the story, the mechanics, etc. It is a vehicle for him to make money. As long as idiots keep sending money to name a Pokemon he will stretch this out forever.

Example. After he caught his shiny psychic Asperchu he got into a fight with a bug. The bug type one hit KOed him. "Whaaaat!? Psychic is weak against bug? How was I supposed to know that?"

Dude can tell you the match ups for every character in every street fighter game but still hasn't grasped the mechanics of a children's game after 40 hours.

Then he sits there and asks chat, "what do I do now?" Chat tells him what items to give what Pokemon to evolve them. Then he acts like he figured it out himself. "Look! I did it!".

Phil used to say watching him was like sitting on the couch with your friend watching them play a game. No, this is more like babysitting a kid and watching them play a game. A friend would say, "oh shit! A rare Pokemon, I've got to catch that guy" and while they play they shoot the shit and talk about things you have in common or might find interesting that might not be necessarily related to the game.

A child says, "Look! Hey look! Hey! Hey look! A Pokemon! What Pokemon is that? Do I have that one? Should I catch that one? What Pokemon do I use? Look I'm fighting! Oh coooooool! Ow! He hit me, stupid guy! Ha! I hit him too! Look! Oooh... Should I catch him? What pokeball do I use? Aw man he got out! Idiot! Should I try again? Yes I got him! Yes! *claps yes! Look I got him! What should I name him? Is it a boy or a girl? What name should I put? Ha ha I put babydipper ha ha!"

Very Honest Content

(Formerly a) Niggo(?)
kiwifarms.net
I don't play Pokemon because I'm not 12 so can someone explain what makes a shiny Pokemon better than a normal one besides the color.
Someone in chat claimed the reason is it's a 1 in 8000 chance of spawning that particular shiny type. I've done zero fact checking of that claim though because lol pokemon. But your suspicion is correct, there's no bonus except palette color swapping.

So all that's left now for Phil to do in this game is to catch and evolve every type in the game? Does this mean it's a late stream only now because a prestream doesn't exist long enough to pad out a main stream of just riding that transforming bike around hitting monster spawns?

WeeblesWobble

kiwifarms.net
Someone in chat claimed the reason is it's a 1 in 8000 chance of spawning that particular shiny type. I've done zero fact checking of that claim though because lol pokemon. But your suspicion is correct, there's no bonus except palette color swapping.

So all that's left now for Phil to do in this game is to catch and evolve every type in the game? Does this mean it's a late stream only now because a prestream doesn't exist long enough to pad out a main stream of just riding that transforming bike around hitting monster spawns?
His only option is to stretch out the "story" which he is pretty close to the end. After this gym he has the elite 4 and then an already drawn out ending arc where you revisit all the gyms again for some errands. He could legit run this game into next spring.

• Informative
Reactions: Haunter

Abe Vigoda

kiwifarms.net
The funniest thing about him fucking up so hard with Sword/Shield is that Pokemon is literally the perfect game for him. There are so many little things he could do to fill time and do "FUN and CHILL streams" that if he wanted to he could replace Minecraft or just run them both.

There are plenty of streamers online who almost exclusively shiny hunt. It's very low effort and repetitive and gives them plenty of time to interact with the chat and talk about shit. It would be like if Phil could make an entire stream of him doing the stupid fishing in Minecraft while he rants.

Shambler

kiwifarms.net
when did a tie suddenly become everyone loses
dude flipping a coin or letting both of them do it is too hard DOOD
besides if he lets BOTH of them do it he loses money because if only 1 person is top contributor that person spends more

We Are The Witches

kiwifarms.net
He kept saying someone has to beat the contribution tie. Someone has to.

If you have to do something isn't that considered mandatory? I thought contributions weren't mandatory.
The theory is contributions are not mandatory in order to access the stream and chat, but at the same time someone has to beat the tie in order to be the top tipper (in singular, apparently you can't have two), only so that they can have the privilege of naming a pokemon.

I would assume if the stream ends with a tie, he will either make the last one the winner or maybe even have 2 winners, doing it in any other way would make this whole thing a joke.

Synth

whatever
kiwifarms.net
The theory is contributions are not mandatory in order to access the stream and chat, but at the same time someone has to beat the tie in order to be the top tipper (in singular, apparently you can't have two), only so that they can have the privilege of naming a pokemon.

I would assume if the stream ends with a tie, he will either make the last one the winner or maybe even have 2 winners, doing it in any other way would make this whole thing a joke.
This seems to get really tricky once you spell it out.

It's no surprise that other streamers don't talk about 'contributions'. We should all give Phil a round of applause for tackling the complex issue of giving money to people online because no other streamer does. And thankfully he does it every day... multiple times.

Reactions: MightyBob69
Tags
None