Containment Now that Chris-Chan's story is coming to a conclusion, who/what should be in the movie about his life?

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

FightenGnome

Amateur Christorian
kiwifarms.net
Anyway, I'd like to see someone like Christopher Nolan or Guillermo del Toro direct it, as you'd need someone like them to accurately represent the surreal world that Chris lives in, being something between reality and mind-numbing fantasy. If you don't have the sensation that you're tripping balls while watching it, it's not an accurate representation of Chris's life.

I might be dating myself saying this, but fuck Christopher Nolan. If you want surreal you need to get Tim Burton on this one. There needs to be black and white pin stripes and swirls all over this story.

Hollywood Hitler

Little pig, little pig, let...me...in!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The movie should be a huge colab with the directors, each one directing different parts of his life

• Early years/highschool/college scenes: Richard Linklater
  • The sweetheart sagas: Spike Jonze
  • Liquid vs Solid: Quentin Tarantino
  • Bob's death/house fire/ tranny saga: David Lynch
  • On the lam for rape/prison saga: Christopher Nolan
  • Animated scenes of the Sonichu universe/CWCville: Rebecca Sugar (she's the only person who could unironically capture the autistic dystopian nightmare that is CWCville)

Spergichu

Survived the Dark Room on gm_construct
kiwifarms.net
Put Goose in a fatsuit and shitty wig when playing IRL Chris, but have him take it off when playing CWCville Chris

Flavius Anthemius

Praetorian prefect of the East
kiwifarms.net
Jared Leto should take the place as one of the worst trolling offenders, the idea guys. Not only for how messed up it was but also just how much of a terrible influence it had on Chris and ween copy cat trolls.

littleomega

Perhaps I am a man of exceptional moods.
kiwifarms.net
I mean, it does sound like a retarded idea to hear somebody saying that "a CWC movie is gonna get made"...
But I was watching an interview with GenoSamuel the other day where he claimed that, in the aftermath of the incest saga, he'd been contacted by some producers about doing a proper docuseries about Chris on traditional television and/or streaming services, so the idea of a film isn't as far-fetched as I've seen people make it out to be.
Proof: (Timestamped) https://youtu.be/FciJamr2z1Q?t=7623
If I were to guess, I'm gonna say it's probably going to be something like that Columbine documentary from the 2010's: a lot of experts talking about the mental health angle and Chris' impact on net culture, with some re-enactment scenes peppered in where actors re-enacts a few memorable moments from Christory.

Josterman

Palmer Report enthusiast, banned from Wikipedia
kiwifarms.net
I think this movie could be crowd founded and make into a Netflix series

Heckler1

This is a good cat picture
kiwifarms.net
Daniel Day Lewis. But he method acts too close to the sun, and the resulting autism overload kills him.

Rupin

Sexual Murder Midget
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If a movie were to be made about Chris, it would start off like a mixture between Napolean Dynamite and a Lifetime Holiday Special and end up like the most disturbing Hollywood psychological thriller one can think of.

忠勇真

Loyal Brave True
kiwifarms.net
Another good option would be Chloe Zhao.
The Chris Chan Saga would have to be an arthouse epic with blockbuster elements and an ensemble cast.
It would still have tons of comedy, given the subject matter, and even some horror, but the films would be an arthouse period drama spanning generations.

Chloe Zhao has proven that she can make a great blend between arthouse and blockbuster elements with comic relief, with Eternals being a really amazing if divisive film.

And if 12 hours per film is too long, it would have to be six hours per film, with an intermission in the 3-hour mark and each film being released in a TV series format with one hour per episode and six episodes per film, where one season would cover one film.

Benedict Cumberbatch as the state psychiatrist would be good.

The film's score would have to be done by Hans Zimmer.
Even if Chloe Zhao would direct, it would have to be a collab with Denis Villeneuve while Lynch and Jodorowsky would still write and produce along with Villeneuve.

The entire film would be filmed in 4:3 specifically for IMAX.
It would be filmed in a mixture of standard 16mm film (not Super 16 as it is widescreen), Super 35, IMAX 65mm and IMAX Digital 4K, all in a 4:3 aspect ratio.
Standard cinema releases would be cropped to 2.39:1 CinemaScope while LieMAX (non-4:3) would be presented in 1.90:1).
The Blu-ray release would be presented in cropped 16:9 but the DVD version will have the full IMAX 4:3 image (albeit in SD only).

Pointless Sperg

Crying Anchuent Cherokian
kiwifarms.net
Even if Chloe Zhao would direct, it would have to be a collab with Denis Villeneuve while Lynch and Jodorowsky would still write and produce along with Villeneuve.

The entire film would be filmed in 4:3 specifically for IMAX.
It would be filmed in a mixture of standard 16mm film (not Super 16 as it is widescreen), Super 35, IMAX 65mm and IMAX Digital 4K, all in a 4:3 aspect ratio.
Standard cinema releases would be cropped to 2.39:1 CinemaScope while LieMAX (non-4:3) would be presented in 1.90:1).
The Blu-ray release would be presented in cropped 16:9 but the DVD version will have the full IMAX 4:3 image (albeit in SD only).

Fuck LieMAX it just needs to die.

Also I think we could get away with a full-frame special edition on Blu-ray.

忠勇真

Loyal Brave True
kiwifarms.net
Fuck LieMAX it just needs to die.

Also I think we could get away with a full-frame special edition on Blu-ray.
LieMAX is still bigger than standard cinemas, maybe projecting a pillarboxed 4:3 film in a LieMAX screen is still accepted.
That said, LieMAX is a plague that needs to die. The only IMAX Laser cinema here in the Philippines was still LieMAX 1.90:1 and I didn't get to watch Dune in glorious 4:3.
The only IMAX 4:3 cinema is in Mall of Asia and they have old IMAX Digital projectors. They had a 4:3 screen for IMAX 70mm but they no longer project IMAX 70mm. Tenet was not shown in Philippine cinemas at all and the last film shown here in IMAX 70mm was Interstellar (I am not even sure if they showed Dunkirk in 70mm here but I'm definitely sure The Force Awakens and BvS were IMAX Digital only).
IMAX is meant to be 4:3.

The Complete Saga 4K UHD/Blu-ray box set could probably have remastered IMAX 4:3 transfers while the initial releases will be cropped 16:9.
But all standalone Blu-ray/4K UHD releases would be 16:9 and all DVD releases would be 4:3.

It would be amazing to watch the full IMAX 4:3 image on a standard 4:3 CRT, though. The beauty and scope of IMAX in a boomer-ass retro CRT.

Pointless Sperg

Crying Anchuent Cherokian
kiwifarms.net
LieMAX is still bigger than standard cinemas, maybe projecting a pillarboxed 4:3 film in a LieMAX screen is still accepted.
That said, LieMAX is a plague that needs to die. The only IMAX Laser cinema here in the Philippines was still LieMAX 1.90:1 and I didn't get to watch Dune in glorious 4:3.
The only IMAX 4:3 cinema is in Mall of Asia and they have old IMAX Digital projectors. They had a 4:3 screen for IMAX 70mm but they no longer project IMAX 70mm. Tenet was not shown in Philippine cinemas at all and the last film shown here in IMAX 70mm was Interstellar (I am not even sure if they showed Dunkirk in 70mm here but I'm definitely sure The Force Awakens and BvS were IMAX Digital only).
IMAX is meant to be 4:3.

The Complete Saga 4K UHD/Blu-ray box set could probably have remastered IMAX 4:3 transfers while the initial releases will be cropped 16:9.
But all standalone Blu-ray/4K UHD releases would be 16:9 and all DVD releases would be 4:3.

It would be amazing to watch the full IMAX 4:3 image on a standard 4:3 CRT, though. The beauty and scope of IMAX in a boomer-ass retro CRT.

Nah good riddance to 4:3 CRTs. You just couldn't make them big enough or with high enough resolution. The beauty of IMAX is only really there with a huge screen that exceeds your field of vision. (Dunkirk was glorious in it, I saw it on a real building-sized screen)

And we need every pixel of resolution to appreciate the scene where Chris reveals his bent duck in all its majesty. It would fit well into 4:3 aspect ratio.