Disaster NYPD covering ‘Joker’ screenings over fears of "Incel violence" - Is it just me or are things getting crazier out there?

Arm Pit Cream

Down in Pumpkin Hill I gots to find my lost piece
kiwifarms.net

The NYPD is taking no chances when it comes to the premiere of the new “Joker” flick, which has already drummed up fears of movie theater violence, The Post has learned.

NYPD Chief of Patrol Rodney Harrison has directed all the city’s precincts to provide police coverage at Big Apple theaters showing the movie, law enforcement sources told The Post.

The thriller starring Joaquin Phoenix will be screened Wednesday at Alice Tully Hall at Lincoln Center during the New York Film Festival, and officers have been instructed to cover, sources said.

According to sources, uniformed patrol cops will also be sent to AMC theaters throughout the city for screenings of the comic book-inspired movie, which officially opens in theaters across the country Friday, but is showing in some city theaters Thursday.

The police coverage is “until further notice, so every showing time at each theater will be covered until we are directed to stop,” one high-ranking police source in Manhattan said.

Sources said it’s up to each precinct to decide how to staff theaters showing the film.

Officers “should be standing in high visibility at the main entrances,” a source said.

Many cinemas in New York and around the country have already banned moviegoers from wearing costumes and masks to attend showings of the “Joker” flick.

Landmark Theaters said anyone wearing masks, painted faces or costumes will be turned away.

I.N.C.E.L keeps growing, the real question is the police going to be enough? Or should we call in the army?

The Last Stand

All I got was a rock.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why must people on the Internet ruin it for everybody? How mentally fucked do you have to be to always have to start shit?

And another point, people need to stop overanalyzing media and just enjoy it. Or don't bother. Western society is getting too crazy to where a mainstream movie is causing that much outrage.

Tour of Italy

kids in costume eat for $1 - valid 10/26 to 10/30
kiwifarms.net
Still sounds like a marketing campaign and the dopes who keep falling for it. They’ve been reeing about this movie for weeks now.
Whatever it is there’s a very real chance that the media coverage is going to actually motivate some asshole into doing something. They’re practically begging for it and honestly it’s sick.

WhoBusTank69

kiwifarms.net
Why must people on the Internet ruin it for everybody? How mentally fucked do you have to be to always have to start shit?

And another point, people need to stop overanalyzing media and just enjoy it. Or don't bother. Western society is getting too crazy to where a mainstream movie is causing that much outrage.
Internet bullshit like this happens when dumbasses equate the internet to real life and merge the two into a hellish and impulsive mutation similar to bullriding where they say increasingly preposterous shit(That they very typically don't even personally believe) to keep themselves and their topic trending. Sometimes they fall off and nothing comes of it, though right now everyone else is climbing on to continue the show.
Some exceptional journalist is rocking back and forth, gleefully slapping their hands together at how they eventually got the New York Police Department swarming movie theaters looking for white, bowl-cut haired Nazi incels and will probably be sought out for all of the clicks they generated from "breaking the story."

Clop

kiwifarms.net
Jeez, man. Clown World. How the hell can a movie screening create possible violence? Pretty soon, they'll end up doing this for every action film I bet.
No no, you bet your ass that any woke remake of a classic will be touted as the most peaceful and lovely screening because incels would only attack films that don't kowtow to the fucked up standards.

Which is reasonable, because the theaters for woke theatrics are fucking empty.

Gangster Talk

kiwifarms.net
An Incel would more likely to go shoot up some Chick Flick Romantic Comedy as more women and couples would be there. It would be illogical to target a film that is more likely to viewed by men.
I think they're worried about a James Holmes type copycat. "Incel" has just become some sort of media catch all scare term that is starting to get overused to the point of absurdity.

Jump

kiwifarms.net
Ya its the gamers that are the big problem in NYC today. Check out a sample of all that gamer violence that has happened in just the past few days.

edit: the m1lk word filter is breaking this link so i just attached a cap.

on and on.

Yep we need to post NYPD where ever gamers might be.

Attachments

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino