Obivious trolls that people thought were lolcows. - People who were once thought of as lolcows when looking back they weren't serious.

Syaoran Li

The Man In Black
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The most prominent examples I can think of would be Jace Connors, Titania McGrath, the author of My Immortal, Ghost from True Capitalist Radio, and the guys behind Landover Baptist Church.

SammyClassicSonicFan is a debatable example, since it's not really clear if he was a lolcow in the making who grew up and simply matured out of it or if it was all just an act to begin with.

The fact that Sammy was a minor at the time has a lot to do with this blurred line, and even if he said it was just a joke from the start, it could be possible he's a bit embarrassed over acting like a dumb kid and having the misfortune of getting noticed because of it.

On the opposite end, you've got a lot of formerly respected trolls who became massive lolcows as time went on because they didn't know when to quit.

Prime examples would include RationalWiki, and that God account on Twitter that was created to mock Westboro Baptist Church.

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
the author of My Immortal
I know little of the original work, mostly from that article about it that linked to the Farms, but it always boggled my mind that people could ever think it was sincere, rather than a parody. Even among idiotic obsessive fans.

But I suppose when you're completely enveloped in something like bad fan fiction, Poes become that much more confusing. Like with Titania McGrath, who in some tweets is an obvious parody, but in others is so realistic that I can understand why people think she's genuine.

Purpleshells

kiwifarms.net
I miss the Smarkbusters.
I’m friends with one of them and while they believe a lot of the opinions they say, it’s obviously all very exaggerated. Like for example, the guy who plays Lefty is known for his insane hatred of the Miz but if you were to ask him in person what he thinks of Miz, he would just say “Wait who’s the Miz again?”.

• TMI
Reactions: Chronicler Takua

knitting_workout

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be
kiwifarms.net
That bald guy who identifies as a female, but does nothing to even try.

I forgot his name and have been trying to find his thread

Robert Sanvagene

Level 9 Microsoft Certified Techneesheean
kiwifarms.net
The most prominent examples I can think of would be Jace Connors, Titania McGrath, the author of My Immortal, Ghost from True Capitalist Radio, and the guys behind Landover Baptist Church.

On the opposite end, you've got a lot of formerly respected trolls who became massive lolcows as time went on because they didn't know when to quit.

Prime examples would include RationalWiki, and that God account on Twitter that was created to mock Westboro Baptist Church.
I suspect that satirists would show up in the middle of a Venn diagram with lolcows on one side and trolls on the other; with many of the above being talented satirists. Case in point: Sacha Baron Cohen. Granted, he hasn't turned full cow, but his relatively recent decision to start doing ADL TED Talks points to potential cowdom IMHO.

Perhaps an even better case in point would be Graham Linehan.

Syaoran Li

The Man In Black
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I suspect that satirists would show up in the middle of a Venn diagram with lolcows on one side and trolls on the other; with many of the above being talented satirists. Case in point: Sacha Baron Cohen. Granted, he hasn't turned full cow, but his relatively recent decision to start doing ADL TED Talks points to potential cowdom IMHO.

Hell, that phenomenon even dates back to the pre-internet era in many ways.

GG Allin and the Marquis De Sade are both prominent examples of the kind of people who were both master trolls and colossal lolcows at the exact same time.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Seems like satirists that don't know when to quit just tend to end up becoming cows, like it must be a gazing-into-the-abyss sort of thing. Maddox fits this perfectly.

Miel67

PFurrie and MAP hater
kiwifarms.net
Has anyone mentioned that German Kid in the early viral video around 2010 that broke the computer keyboard by slamming it on the desktop?
It was revealed that the video was mocking obsessed gamers of MMORPGs.

Tags
None