Objectively Bad Art - "My dog could have painted it"

Azafran90

Sexiest cenobite "alive"
kiwifarms.net
Post art pieces of any medium, be it painting, sculpture, performance or writing that are awful and definitely overpriced.

I'll start:

Keep in mind these pieces are not really what's being sold, what you're buying is the right to tape a banana in your house.
images (10).jpegimages (8).jpeg

Yoko Ono has a very important message for you:

This is a sculpture (24x10x9 cm) made by Eugenio Ampudia, it's called "Smoke"
Humo_700px-2.jpg
It's the same guy who made the plant concert this year.

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

Buying a Switch & Animal Crossing with Trump bucks
kiwifarms.net
Liberals don't believe in objectivity in art. Once took an entire day to try and explain the concept to a friend of mine who is incredibly liberal and it was exactly like trying to convey social skills to an autist. It's like there's a mental block there that completely disassociates them from any thread of reality in regards to that particular subject and it's kind of chilling to realize first hand.

Drain Todger

Unhinged Doomsayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Time for the super-spicy take; a lot of "modern art" is just money laundering shit. Seriously. Where else can you get away with paying $120,000 for a banana without the transaction being audited in any way?

Lemmingwise

Don't speak to me or my daughter ever again
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Liberals don't believe in objectivity in art. Once took an entire day to try and explain the concept to a friend of mine who is incredibly liberal and it was exactly like trying to convey social skills to an autist. It's like there's a mental block there that completely disassociates them from any thread of reality in regards to that particular subject and it's kind of chilling to realize first hand.
There.

Fanatical Pragmatist

kiwifarms.net
It's not objetively bad art because it's not objetively art to begin with, people just started to ironically makign this "anti-art" stupid shit and got the retarded snobs to pay for it anyway.
TBF when Marcel Duchamp did the sideways toilet gig, it was original and to troll the art critics.

Now when people do it, it's overused and unoriginal and done to feel smart for using the same overused trope that's been around for decades.

HeyItsHarveyMacClout

Casualty of the Culture War
kiwifarms.net
I think the main problem with art is the same thing that plagues the other liberal arts: no matter what you do, as long as it’s rooted in the conventional, someone’s already done it better than you. It doesn’t matter how much you like sculpting, you’re never going to create a figure better than The David or La Pieta. It doesn’t matter how much you like painting still life’s, youre not going to paint a scene better than the Girl with Pearl Earrings or the Wanderer Above the Sea of Fog. There are hundreds of years of artists who have done the styles which are more appealing to the eye/convention (and their works are already in the public domain), so why even try?

I think this attitude permeates all of the liberal arts. There was a brief stint back in college where I was considering getting a double major in history. I had taken a few years of Latin back in high school, so I wanted to focus my projects on the transition from the Roman Empire to Roman Catholicism. My adviser flat out told me, no, don’t study that, it’s already been done and you’ll never discover anything new. I eventually gave up on the history major and stuck to my stem degree because I realized you can’t do anything with history that doesn’t focus on identity politics. The way I see it is that historians know they will never discover anyone as great as Caesar or as influential as Cicero. All the great western figures have already been found and are known, so why waste your time when you will never contribute anything to history en par discovering the Rosetta Stone or translating a Hellenistic manuscript. It’s better to focus on what you can discover (women, minorities history) and hype it up to be en par the greats even though it’s objectively not.

So many great people have devoted their lives to traditional, good styles of art that it simply does not make sense for an artist to try and out compete them. Taping a banana to a wall will drive many more clicks than “this artist drew a portrait that is almost as good as Picasso” and who can state the objective goodness of just screaming randomly when there is no figure to compare it to?

A Friendly Hoovy

Hoovy had too many pieces of Pumpkin Pie...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Allow me to introduce you all to The Museum of Bad Art. It's a Web 1.0 survivor, and it's chock full of some of the worst art you can find.
I like that some of the logos are jpegs with white backgrounds on a slightly gray page, just gray enough to be noticable.
Annotation 2020-08-16 093419.png

Edit:
That's what creativity is for. Someone already did a still life of a lake? Make the lake neon purple, throw some weird alien things on it, bam, science fiction painting. Or maybe split the lake in half, add some demons flying out of it, and there's another unique painting. It's more fun than just drawing a lake, at least in my opinion.

Last edited:

Azafran90

Sexiest cenobite "alive"
kiwifarms.net
Time for the super-spicy take; a lot of "modern art" is just money laundering shit. Seriously. Where else can you get away with paying $120,000 for a banana without the transaction being audited in any way?

It's not objetively bad art because it's not objetively art to begin with, people just started to ironically makign this "anti-art" stupid shit and got the retarded snobs to pay for it anyway.

Let's just say that if:

-it was a stupid idea
-the money could have been used to save a small African village
-anyone else could have done it better and as a joke
-makes people loose faith in art
-it took 0 effort to do/design

It was objectively bad art

For example:

images (11).jpeg
"My Bed"

murgatroid

kiwifarms.net

Not sure what this shit is but I am disturbed by the lyrics "When I'm in a bad mood I smudge myself and wake up my inner child" with a clip of a humanoid vegetable stroking a vegetable cock.

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 6.28.48 PM.png

More Melanie Bonajo art:

d7hftxdivxxvm.cloudfront.jpg

Price: 9000 Euros

This better include the woman, otherwise it would just be a box of garbage.

Azafran90

Sexiest cenobite "alive"
kiwifarms.net

Not sure what this shit is but I am disturbed by the lyrics "When I'm in a bad mood I smudge myself and wake up my inner child" with a clip of a humanoid vegetable stroking a vegetable cock.

View attachment 1525203

More Melanie Bonajo art:

View attachment 1525201
Price: 9000 Euros

This better include the woman, otherwise it would just be a box of garbage.
Video creation was a mistake.

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

Buying a Switch & Animal Crossing with Trump bucks
kiwifarms.net
Almost everyone of those "How to draw anime/manga" books would fit. I think anyone that showed even a small interest in anime received at least some variation of these from their parents or relatives growing up.
View attachment 1525521View attachment 1525526
I actually still have a copy of the Scholastic book. There were a bunch of them, even at least one published by Fred Perry of Gold Diggers fame of all people. I'm surprised I've never seen a Ben Dunn published How To Draw Manga but honestly there has to be one out there statistically.

Tags
None