Objectively Bad Art - "My dog could have painted it"

LinkinParkxNaruto[AMV]

I try so hard and got so far
kiwifarms.net
She was, she would find clients for him, read to him while he painted and basically be his tard-wrangler.
All Dalí had to do was be the face of the brand, say a few nonsensical words to strangers and maybe shit himself at times.
Really, sometimes artists wives were responsible for the husband's success, they would take jobs to keep the house on float, find clients and organize expositions. Most of the time, they'd throw their own dreams of being artists through the window so their autist husband would succeed.
In the case of Van Gogh, It was his brother Theo in spite of having a family of his own, and in Remedios Varo's, her husband was rich enough to pull her from her job as scientific illustrator and allow her to dedicate herself to art.
Gala didn't have to strain herself too much doing that though, she was a living proof that success mostly is about "who you know" rather than "what you do" as she was already a well known socialite and had all the insight on those circles of rich people and gallery and museum circuits, that was already her lifestyle without Dalí, just hanging around people who might be influential for her own benefit and ego stroking.

she also benefited a lot by milking Dali, she had a lot of expensive habits and sexual perversions, she fucked younger guys a lot and both had big and expensive orgies, their relation was of mutual leeching off each other, she was a severely vane woman who was obssesed with money , celebrity and everything that comes with it. She was already looking for her golden cow before Dali came along, just any stooge would have done the trick.

Tanti-Fanti

kiwifarms.net
As others have mentioned, it's not just the quality of this "anti" art that you see in modern-day museums that are incredibly frustrating, but how much of it is produced at such as rate and how bland it is now. How many cities have these same type of inorganic statues or structures that are meant to be fine art? How many shows need to have the same kind of weird-ass "performance pieces" to "make a statement"? So many. It's just considered everyday nonsense at this point.

When everyone is doing the same thing, no one is. It becomes clear how a lot of modern-day fine art suffers from this lack of originality and absolute repulsion to anything that might even be somewhat concrete. It doesn't help that too many of these art colleges try to rung out the talent out of people who are far more skilled than what is considered "in the moment." Ironically, with this type of anti-art being popular it's just another stereotype that people fall into. Now if you don't make this kind of art, unless you find your niche, you'll have a hard time making a name for yourself.

I can't say I blame people who do chose to got their own ways and not wanting to be a part of these money-laundering schemes.

MerriedxReldnahc

World's Okay-est Proctologist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One of my art teachers said that he much prefered bad art to mediocre art, and I think that I agree. Sometimes really awfully exectuted art can bring me more joy than art made by someone who doesn't look like they had a stroke making it.

But you know what is objectivly complete and utter steaming horse shit?
White_on_White_(Malevich,_1918).png
White on White, by Kazmir Malevich. I hate this fucking painting so much. It makes me MOTI. It is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. And I've seen 5 foot tall paintings of hyper-realistic ballsacks.

DungeonMaster

kiwifarms.net
Good point. At least the books have some 'soul' and serve a purpose (besides money laundering). Plus it's aimed at kids so it should cater to what they want. And personally I find way more entertainment value in deviantart-tier bad art than the shit-in-a-bucket type installations.

Also obligatory Christopher Hart pic.
You know, that picture is misattributed to him. Peter Gray's the real mastermind behind this abomination. Looking at them make me shiver in disgust. Like something cold and spined is worming its way into my soul, leaving pustules and abrasions in its wake.

And what of Mr. Gray's bio?

PETER GRAY, Manga Super fan, has always enjoyed drawing. Playing Nintendo and watching Anime cartoons made him realize that Manga was a style of art he really wanted to get into. Since Manga is so different from traditional art, Peter has lots of fun trying out different ideas, and the Manga stories themselves have opened up many possibilities for him to try out new characters. Now he hopes you will have fun creating your very own Manga artwork!
wheeze, kaff somebody help me! Jesus christ, where was I. Writing this was like huffing ghost pepper juice up my ass. I want to chop off my own hands and tear out my own eyes transcribing that quote. I've done the universe a horrible crime. Not since Adam's expulsion from the Garden of Eden has humanity brought down such an atrocity upon itself. May God have mercy on my soul.

There are two possible candidates to credit for this abomination.

https://www.facebook.com/petergrayart
https://petergray.co.za/

Tanti-Fanti

kiwifarms.net
You know, that picture is misattributed to him. Peter Gray's the real mastermind behind this abomination. Looking at them make me shiver in disgust. Like something cold and spined is worming its way into my soul, leaving pustules and abrasions in its wake.

wheeze, kaff somebody help me! Jesus christ, where was I. Writing this was like huffing ghost pepper juice up my ass. I want to chop off my own hands and tear out my own eyes transcribing that quote. I've done the universe a horrible crime. Not since Adam's expulsion from the Garden of Eden has humanity brought down such an atrocity upon itself. May God have mercy on my soul.

What's sad is that posing is actually pretty dynamic, but the proportions are just so wonky. If the faces and overall structure of the body was better it would just be overall mediocre, but at least passable for a generic art book.
One of my art teachers said that he much prefered bad art to mediocre art, and I think that I agree. Sometimes really awfully exectuted art can bring me more joy than art made by someone who doesn't look like they had a stroke making it.

But you know what is objectivly complete and utter steaming horse shit?
View attachment 1559949
White on White, by Kazmir Malevich. I hate this fucking painting so much. It makes me MOTI. It is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. And I've seen 5 foot tall paintings of hyper-realistic ballsacks.
I barely even saw this. lol I would get if the square looked bland but as you came closer you could see something cool in it (there are some pieces like that) but I absolutely agree. A lot of beginner art is a form of experimentation and sometimes has a lot of heart. Other times you can tell when someone kind of gave up half-way through. This feels like one of those times.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net

It's like he's trying to immitate Leifeld, but then decided "Nah, not anime enough" at the last minute.

But seriously, the fuck's going on with the guy with the insect legs? It looks like he's dead on both the inside and outside at the same time, yet he cannot die.

DungeonMaster

kiwifarms.net
It's like he's trying to immitate Leifeld, but then decided "Nah, not anime enough" at the last minute.

But seriously, the fuck's going on with the guy with the insect legs? It looks like he's dead on both the inside and outside at the same time, yet he cannot die.
The main fucking reason the manga style blew up in the first place because it looked far cleaner, sharper, more expressive, and way more feminine than the hideous western comic book art that was everywhere at the time. Liefield's shit was exactly the kind of art the weebs hated in the first place.

Christ almighty, that's not how you apply eyeshadow.
His face is so fucked you can barely tell which ethnicity he is.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
The main fucking reason the manga style blew up in the first place because it looked far cleaner, sharper, more expressive, and way more feminine than the hideous western comic book art that was everywhere at the time. Liefield's shit was exactly the kind of art the weebs hated in the first place.

Image is broken, mate.

• Feels
Reactions: Toolbox

Azafran90

Sexiest cenobite "alive"
kiwifarms.net

If by "ethnicity" you mean "species" then I agree

Reactions: DungeonMaster

Lodoss Warrior

Making Lodoss Great Again
kiwifarms.net
The Moon, from William McGonagall.

Beautiful Moon, with thy silvery light,
Thou seemest most charming to my sight;
As I gaze upon thee in the sky so high,
A tear of joy does moisten mine eye.

Thou cheerest the Esquimau in the night;
For thou lettest him see to harpoon the fish,
And with them he makes a dainty dish.

Thou cheerest the fox in the night,
And lettest him see to steal the grey goose away
Out of the farm-yard from a stack of hay.

Thou cheerest the farmer in the night,
and makes his heart beat high with delight
As he views his crops by the light in the night.

Thou cheerest the eagle in the night,
And lettest him see to devour his prey
And carry it to his nest away.

Thou cheerest the mariner in the night
As he paces the deck alone,
Thinking of his dear friends at home.

Thou cheerest the weary traveller in the night;
For thou lightest up the wayside around
To him when he is homeward bound.

Thou cheerest the lovers in the night
As they walk through the shady groves alone,
Making love to each other before they go home.

Thou cheerest the poacher in the night;
For thou lettest him see to set his snares
To catch the rabbit and the hares.

Last edited:
  • Lunacy
Reactions: Azafran90
Tags
None