Obscure game you have played - What have you played that you think, maybe, nobody else here has played?

Dreamland

Mural of coral and cold
kiwifarms.net
I've never met anyone who played this gem:

I played the demo with one mission for the men and one for the women, felt very XCom: Apocalypse-like . The 'men mission' has you facing a gauntlet of mechs, grenade launchers and emplacements and not many shield rechargers while having to destroy the women's sperm reserves. The women's mission was ezmode just kill some incels and blow shit up before reinforcements arrive.

Who remembers:

Promestein

Chocolate mílk connoisseur
kiwifarms.net
Phantom Dust and Kingdom Under Fire
I've met like 3 other people in my entire life who have played or even heard of it, so I'm convinced at this point I was part of a glow in the dark operative to create super soldiers.

Reactions: Billy_Sama

Pargon

Mr. Self-Destruct
kiwifarms.net
Is Defcon 5 considered obscure?

This was the second PS1 game I ever bought, right after Alien Trilogy, when I was still trying to convince myself I was good at shooters. This was the wrong game to do it, too, because from what I understand it's a game that owes a lot to System Shock; there's puzzle solving, survival elements, hacking, and a very specific set of criteria you need to meet to get a win condition. It isn't really a "proceed from point a to point b and kill everything in your way" sort of game, and some of the things you need to do are fairly obscure. If I'm not mistaken it was a poorly-done port of a PC game and it shows. I never got very far into it; there are some turret-based defense sections that are goddamn impossible as far as I'm concerned.

Runner up would be another PS1 game, a space flight combat sim called Colony Wars. This game was fun as fuck; tooling around and being able to fly in any direction without fear of colliding with the ground was a blast, and the soundtrack is still fucking good:

Psygnosis, man. They knew what they were doing. What happened?

Dick Justice

Where have all the cowdogs gone?
kiwifarms.net

Billy_Sama

♂Love and Muscle in Heaven♂
kiwifarms.net
Phantom Dust and Kingdom Under Fire
I've met like 3 other people in my entire life who have played or even heard of it, so I'm convinced at this point I was part of a glow in the dark operative to create super soldiers.
I got those games on the Xbox but yet to play them. I bought a lot of OG Xbox games when they were cheap and I am still have a large backlog. I did manage to find a copy in the United States the Japanese only release of Metal Wolf Chaos, the most American game never to be released in USA. The corny dialogue and the Bush years plot makes it an enjoyable mech game.

Antique Rice

kiwifarms.net
I got those games on the Xbox but yet to play them. I bought a lot of OG Xbox games when they were cheap and I am still have a large backlog. I did manage to find a copy in the United States the Japanese only release of Metal Wolf Chaos, the most American game never to be released in USA. The corny dialogue and the Bush years plot makes it an enjoyable mech game.

I was super juiced to hear there's finally going to be an NA release. Hope everyone is ready to mech America great again.

Another OG Xbox game that I found pretty amusing was Kung Fu Chaos. It was an irreverent fighting/party game that was built for local multiplayer nonsense. Stages were split between Mario Party minigames and Power Stone 2 four-way brawls on transforming arenas. The fighting mechanics were pretty shallow, but the real trick was abusing the opponents with taunts to build up your super attack. The whole thing is framed as a foreign chop-socky film in the making, complete with Chinese stereotype director and characters using wire-fu to make impossible leaps across impossible gaps in the levels. Was good for some laughs with friends, but not as good as a full fighting game or party game.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino