Official Amber's Health Speculation Thread - physical, mental, emotional - if you have a theory, post it here

SAVE TWINKIE!

kiwifarms.net
Isn't it possible Amber is just a bitchy manipulative cunt without having an actual personality disorder?
It's possible, yes. But I mean, she's not functional. Hence personality disorder

You can have OCD tendencies but if it's not interfering with your ability to function then you are not likely to meet the criteria for obsessive-compulsive disorder

Strine

Give me the bones!
kiwifarms.net
People tend to associate "disorder" with an inborn neurological aberrance like autism, but some disorders are simply diagnostics for behaviour that conforms to a specific pattern. Amber may not have a neurologic disorder causing her behaviour, but her trainwreck of a personality could be usefully described by some kind of disorder. All disorders are caused by some brain chemistry problems, since all emotion is brain chemistry.

I personally think she's just a bitter landwhale who never got over her childhood trauma because she has swung from one surrogate parent to another her whole life, and is too craven and lazy to grow up and put her problems behind her. People with worse childhoods than her have become functional adults. Her emotional rëtardation is evident in her current situation: her sexless domestic arrangement with Becky isn't romantic, but closer to sisters or mother/daughter in dynamic (Freud is as relevant as ever gorls). She misses Destiny because Destiny provided more structure in her childish life than does Becky - Destiny was a better surrogate mother. She wants to lose weight without doing anything to incur weight loss, and when antagonised she stuffs her face indignantly like a scolded fat child.

She's in arrested childhood. She's almost 30 and still talks, dresses and acts like the insecure fat mall goth she once was. She tries to get Becky to look like a juggalo with Downs because "fat mall goth girl meets fat juggalo boy" is the Daphnis and Chloé, the Romeo and Juliet, the Amber and Cheesecake Factory, of Southern trailer trash. Amber deserves pity, but not too much: childhood trauma and bad parenting are not rare; they have happened to other people, to worse extents, and they've gone on to make something of themselves; members of this very forum have alluded to similar or worse upbringings, without becoming a spherical tick drinking the stagnant blood of societal extremities until they burst. Gorl has free will and free time but is cocooned in conceit and won't deal with her problems.

TLDR Amber's manacles are mind-forged and she isn't exculpated by her circumstances.

Last edited:

Long time lurker

kiwifarms.net
landwhale who never got over her childhood trauma because she has swung from one surrogate parent to another her whole life
I have a strong suspicion that the reason she went through so many different homes was due to many of the traits we see now - compulsive lying, (inept) manipulation, inability to follow schedules and a tendency to disobey.

Amber has bragged about being a handful when she was in school, causing trouble, skipping school and even admitted to shop lifting.

I believe that what we see now is the "refined" version of Amber - over the years she learnt to tone down and adjust, so that she could remain attached to the hosts for longer. (I mean, she had just turned 18 when she conned a grown up into taking her in indefinitely)

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
I have a strong suspicion that the reason she went through so many different homes was due to many of the traits we see now - compulsive lying, (inept) manipulation, inability to follow schedules and a tendency to disobey.

Amber has bragged about being a handful when she was in school, causing trouble, skipping school and even admitted to shop lifting.

I believe that what we see now is the "refined" version of Amber - over the years she learnt to tone down and adjust, so that she could remain attached to the hosts for longer. (I mean, she had just turned 18 when she conned a grown up into taking her in indefinitely)
Do we even know how many fosters she went through? She's remarkably quiet about that bit of her life and I think it would be really insightful. This is why most foster kids have to go through therapy either throughout their childhood or after to become productive adults. She's staunchly refuses to go to therapy for reasons that are beyond normal people, but actually come down to having to face just how screwed up she is. She can't put effort into anything because deep down, she knows she'll fail.

I hate to say it, but our gorl is doomed.

a dinosaur

kiwifarms.net
Do we even know how many fosters she went through
Amber addresses a lot of this in an old ass video. With a bonus poem!

She doesn't specify how many, exactly but she and her brother were "thrown around into different foster homes... and soon [they] got separated." When she was 12, she lived in a trailer with her meth-dealing parents for a six month trial period that lasted two years. That's when she really started smoking weed, skipping school, eating and eating and eating.

Then, she was taken and put into a children's shelter for a few months and later moved in with a friend and her family, but the friendship soured. At 18, she moved out to Oklahoma, where Tammy, her grandma and her mom lived. When visiting Kasey in Arizona, her grandma kicked her out and told her not to come back.

And thus began the saga of leeching off girlfriend after girlfriend.

Last edited:

wommart rat

kiwifarms.net
i watched AL's "doctors appointment | diagnosed" video today and came away with a few thoughts. where else could i possibly share them but here?

this wasn't a full physical by any means, as everyone on kiwifarms well knows. she went in for her laygg so that's what the doctor focused on. still, for any kind of dr.'s appointment they will take your vitals, hence why she was diagnosed with "slightly elevated blood pressure" (way to downplay). they also presumably weighed her, but she didn't mention that at all. which means one of two things: either the number on the scale horrified her or the doctor's scale didn't actually go past 500lbs.

a full physical would involved a blood draw and lab work, which would reveal her A1C, cholesterol levels, liver function, kidney function, and more. either the doctor is an idiot who didn't insist on blood work, or AL flatly refused it (my guess is the latter). anything she can do to stay in denial a little longer, rite?

my own speculation is that bloodwork would reveal high cholesterol, fatty liver disease, hypothyroid/hashimotos, and insulin resistance along with early stage diabetes. the reason i think her diabetes is in the early stages is because she keeps gaining weight; once your blood sugars get high enough, weight starts to drop off you. AL is so stupid, though, that she'd probably take sudden weight loss as a great thing, rather than the health alarm bell it really is.

Citroen

kiwifarms.net
For me it's a fairly open and shut case that Amber has a personality disorder, namely histrionic. A main feature of PDs is that that the person views their beliefs and behaviors as completely normal (ego-syntonic). It's not that it's impossible to treat, but it's difficult to get them to pursue - let alone stay in - treatment because they don't perceive that anything is wrong with them. That's our gorl in a nutshell. She's only interested in therapy insofar as she can mention it, pretend she's seeking treatment and garner views and attention. She sees the world from the lens of what she can use to manipulate others and receive what she wants. I don't believe she has ever considered therapy seriously for a second, she has no value for it. It kind of blows your mind if you really imagine how the mind of someone like that works.

PDs aren't innate. They're developmental and childhood trauma dramatically increases the odds of developing one. The human mind is naturally prone to getting locked in confirmation bias and idiosyncratic patterns of thinking. You could say it's a built-in flaw in the system, offset by good parenting and socialization. When an otherwise completely normal child is repeatedly exposed to an abnormal environment, they form unhealthy patterns and beliefs about the world. The end result is someone who deviates greatly from the norm in terms of their subjective experience and interpretation of reality. When it's serious enough it receives the label 'disorder' but the cut off point for that is fairly abritary. It's reality it's more like a chaotic spectrum, and the PD definitions are loosely trying to categorize it.

Thought I'd sum that up in case someone felt the term personality disorder was confusing.

Blotto

My name is Otto! I love to get blotto!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’m coming here to sperg cuz I’m sick of her bitching about leg pain. No shit your legs hurt. You have no more cartilage in your joints. I’ve witnessed this in person, her bones are grinding on each other in her knees and hips. There is no more padding to stop this and once it’s at that level only hip and knee replacements can help. And knee replacements are much more painful and invasive then hip. A huge part of the recovery is GETTING UP AND MOVING, the same day you have surgery. Doctors used to have an attitude that bedrest was needed afterward and aside from risking forming blood clots, bone growth requires movement. No amount of painkillers is going to help either, she just hasn’t felt it until it was past the point of no return because of her diabetes. She won’t be able to find a (reputable) orthopedic surgeon to take her on either because both surgeries require a BMI under 40, and her immobility/attitude toward moving. But even if she did, the pain for the first few months after surgeries like this is worse because all of the feeling is coming back. Her nerves would reconnect and it’s agonizing.

On the note of personality disorders, typically you have a main one, which causes the largest impact on a patients life and traits of another one, it’s more like an axis then a set thing. It’s not always in the same cluster, but more often then not. She reeks of cluster B, and I’m sure it’s a little of both NPD and BPD. Diagnosis are just groups of symptoms to save time. The reasons why someone experiences symptoms don’t matter. Yeah, she’s probably just an asshole to a large degree, but it would be grouped together nonetheless. @Citroen did a good job of summing up the rest of it but I just wanted to throw it out there. Oh, and personality disorders aren’t covered by insurance as an interesting fact, because of the environmental factor it’s nearly impossible to get them covered. Patients are more likely to be told they have traits then get a solid diagnosis in the first place, it’s just way of tipping off other mental health professionals to what’s going on, then giving a general diagnosis of GAD or depression to sneak in treatment.

Cluster B’s are notoriously difficult to treat as well, and many therapists will turn them away. Someone once said about bpd patients in particular, “the problem is one day you’re the greatest therapist in the world, the next you have no idea what you’re talking about and they’ll fight you every step of the way. This glorification and refusal keeps them from actually looking inward and makes progress (if any is made) shallow.”

E: spelling

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino