Official Amber's Health Speculation Thread - physical, mental, emotional - if you have a theory, post it here

L

LU 010

kiwifarms.net
Hammy's self reported mental health diagnoses are bullshit, but to be fair the medication she's on requires an 8 week titration to achieve a therapeutic dose. If she actually sticks to the medication schedule, which is super unlikely, it'll be obvious if she's bipolar or not because mood stabilizers turn normal people into zombies.
Not lamictal. It has a really mild side effect profile and is pretty often prescribed for unipolar depression because its side effects are so mild.

Guardsman42

kiwifarms.net
Not lamictal. It has a really mild side effect profile and is pretty often prescribed for unipolar depression because its side effects are so mild.
No, the OP is correct about a period of building up to full dose. Lamictal is normally a 6 week trial period. Especially in a patient with zero prior history to go off of. Hamber's own timeline disproves her refilling of the pills. The pill bottles also don't rattle like lamictal, they rattle like a gel capsule. And you sure don't get an accidental double supply of pysch pills.

L

LU 010

kiwifarms.net
No, the OP is correct about a period of building up to full dose. Lamictal is normally a 6 week trial period. Especially in a patient with zero prior history to go off of. Hamber's own timeline disproves her refilling of the pills. The pill bottles also don't rattle like lamictal, they rattle like a gel capsule. And you sure don't get an accidental double supply of pysch pills.
Oh, no the titration schedule is right, I was just disputing that lamictal would turn a non-bipolar person into a zombie.

Billie Ross

Duh
kiwifarms.net
"I used to see a nutritionist when I was 16, and another when I was 14/15. That's when I was diagnosed with Binge Eating [Disorder]." / (much later) *claims JUST OFFICIALLY diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder*
Response: When she was 16, they said it "SOUNDS" like BED. But you CANNOT be diagnosed with BED at the age of 16, but she didn't know so she "ran with it" (LIKE YOU EVER "RAN" IN YOUR LIFE). And in the 2nd video, she was talking to someone on BetterHelp.com and she diagnosed it as BED, BUT BetterHelp.com CANNOT DIAGNOSE (A lah in a lah in a lah?) so that "shook her" (insert earthquake joke) but it's NOT a lah even though in EVERY INSTANCE she says "diagnosed" and just ADMITTED none of those could have been diagnoses.
Response 2: "I have never been diagnosed with BED . . . because I've never seen someone for it." Why get a diagnosis when you can self-diagnose? (She actually said that.)
It's official, she never saw the so called "psychiatrist" that "diagnosed" her with that big list of "scary mental issues" ...

Piggy Pot Pie

ham hoof hotdish
kiwifarms.net
Halloween is on the horizon so here’s a little bit about skeletons 💀:

Severe obesity significantly affects the spine and lower extremity sites, such as the hip, knee, and ankle, by causing skeletal misalignment, joint compression, and progression of osteoarthritis.

Obesity-related musculoskeletal pain is a deterrent for adherence to exercise and physical activity recommendations. Inadequate strength may perpetuate poor biomechanics and joint malalignment. Inflammation, aberrant loading (joint), and relatively low muscle strength, all of which are ideal conditions to sustain chronic pain, therefore characterize the collective musculoskeletal environment. Biomechanical stressors acting at the joint from excessive and aberrant loading patterns from obesity alter gait.

fear avoidance “I’m lidurally terrified of the pain and am scared of falling down. What if Becky isn’t there for meeeee when I fall?”

kinesiophobia “Walking hurts my layygs and the pain is lidurally terrifying. Not being able to breathe is actually lidurally terrifying.”

functional decline “My anxiety is lidurally too terrifying for me to do anything besides stay in bed and eat.”
⚰

GargoyleGorl

Token SJW
kiwifarms.net
So... I know there's some truth to the claim that muscle weighs more than fat, but is it really a significant factor for someone like AL?

I'm wondering if being essentially bed-bound, she may have lost some muscle mass (and hell, bone mass for all I know) but gained fat. That would explain the contradiction between her claim that she "only" gained five pounds but looks so much bigger.

(I mean, she's a lah. We know this. But I'm wondering if it's possible for something like this to be happening.)

Reactions: Big Al's Crusty Sty

bev

kiwifarms.net
I'm wondering if being essentially bed-bound, she may have lost some muscle mass (and hell, bone mass for all I know) but gained fat. That would explain the contradiction between her claim that she "only" gained five pounds but looks so much bigger.
Yeah, like you said, her muscles are atrophying from their lack of use. I'm sure her legs were pretty ripped from carrying a 400lb load regularly. Now, not so much. I doubt proportionally it's anything really significant, but it'd be noticeable.

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
A pound of muscle = a pound of fat. 1 pound = 1 pound, no matter what the object is. The difference is muscle is more dense than fat so it takes up less space.
Precisely, that's why generally folks who are working out heavily to build or sculpt muscle are told that they aren't going to lose weight most of the time. They may even gain weight, but it's toned muscle. I don't know what god Hamber sacrificed Gracie to in order to be able to still lift and move her heft, but there can't be that much muscle in there at this point. That confuses me, though, because I can't lift 600 elbees. It's astounding what her body is enduring and it can't possibly last much longer.

leadenema

kiwifarms.net
Precisely, that's why generally folks who are working out heavily to build or sculpt muscle are told that they aren't going to lose weight most of the time. They may even gain weight, but it's toned muscle. I don't know what god Hamber sacrificed Gracie to in order to be able to still lift and move her heft, but there can't be that much muscle in there at this point. That confuses me, though, because I can't lift 600 elbees. It's astounding what her body is enduring and it can't possibly last much longer.
Based on the way that she walks I don't think she is using much muscles to support herself anyways. Her body is amazing in the way that it has realized that it is incapable of holding up that mass with her own strength alone. She does not bend her knees when she is walking, she does this little side-to-side waddle with her knees fully extended. Her knee joints must be screaming from all the swollin going on. At what point is she totally bed-ridden? She's at risk of collapsing with each step.

If she did collapse... could she get herself up without help? I doubt it. Probably roll her way to the nearest wommart for help...

Moonpie

Ride The Lightening. Fade To Black.
kiwifarms.net
Her eyebrows are so sparse. I once suggested in the comments she should get her thyroid checked. She could have the bloodwork but I don't know how they'd do an ultrasound on that no neck. Hidden by so much blubber.
Power level: I had thyroid cancer. I went for years with a goiter until I finally found a good doctor. Usually people who are hypothyroid start having sparse eyebrows and hair comes out.
It wouldn't surprise me.
She cares nothing about her health.

JaneThough

Part of your world
kiwifarms.net
Her eyebrows are so sparse. I once suggested in the comments she should get her thyroid checked. She could have the bloodwork but I don't know how they'd do an ultrasound on that no neck. Hidden by so much blubber.
Power level: I had thyroid cancer. I went for years with a goiter until I finally found a good doctor. Usually people who are hypothyroid start having sparse eyebrows and hair comes out.
It wouldn't surprise me.
She's healthy, just big.

sweaty chafing thighs

kiwifarms.net
It wouldn't surprise me.
Did you read the forum guidelines? Your life story is shit and nobody cares.

Amber's eyebrows are probably sparse because she's 600 lbs and has a fat head. Even if she had underlying thyroid problems that would be the least of her concerns at this point. If we're gonna point fingers at any medical cause I'd be more inclined to believe that she has some serious vitamin deficiencies but we'll never know because she won't spend the money on blood work anyway.

xenomorph

I've got more demons where that came from.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Picture it December 27th 2014, AL has just turned 24 years old.
Living with Krstles parents.
She shows her hands close up and guess what is NOT pictured?
HER BLACK KNUCKLES.

BEET-TUSSSS AL this is not something youve always had this is something that developed from gaining over 200 pounds in under 2 years.

Capture.PNG

ALSO she was going to the CF and guess what she ordered? The ORANGE CHICKEN

bev

kiwifarms.net
I know that a few people have already expressed how inpatient for Amber is totally useless and considering it is a waste of time. But it looks like it's an idea that just won't die, especially now that it's making rounds on 'tistic reddit again. Whenever this shit pops up, it pretty much confirms that Amber's viewers are either naive or r.etarded (or both):
Capture.PNG
First, being a fatass isn't like having a deadly infection, no one can mandate that she gets inpatient. Is she a harm to herself? Yeah, but hospitals see a distinction between being suicidal, being infected, and just not having enough willpower to stop inhaling food. They're not going to waste a bed on her. (This personally annoys me as I've seen girls who very clearly need and want inpatient treatment, yet had to be turned away and asked to wait for days because no beds were available when they mustered up enough courage to admit themselves).

Second, that's not inpatient at all. It's not sitting in a hospital bed while everyone caters to your beck and call, with happy-go-lucky therapy sessions while everyone sings Kumbaya until you magically feel better and lost weight. It's not a self-care session; it's a total infantalization and denial of your personhood because you very clearly cannot take care of yourself and other people need to save your body.

The reality of inpatient is very uncomfortable, and that's why you don't find people willing to go unless they're beyond desperation. It's a total requisition of control. You don't get to do what you want to do, eat what you want to eat, room who you want to room with. You don't get to leave for anything: hair appointments, day trips, shopping, errands, whatever else. Everything you say is analyzed over and over. Nurses come in frequently to take vitals regardless if you're sleeping or not. You don't have access to the outside world except for one PC for the entire floor you're on. No cameras allowed, so that means no phones or laptops. No cords, either, so no headphones or chargers. No makeup, no perfume,--you're denied your own personal luxuries, basically. You're poked and prodded with needles and IVs. There's no privacy.

It's a nightmare that only ends when a clinician deems it appropriate and you're stable--so no one can tell you how long you're going to be there for. Amber would never. Anyone who thinks she would is a massive fucking idiot.

Instead, she's going to pretend that she can handle her weight and lose it on her own until she dies. That's the reality. Inpatient won't help because, say she did go, she'd only play the role of a recovered addict until she's discharged, in which case she'll binge again.

Mr Foster

Dosh, grab it while you can lads!
kiwifarms.net
Picture it December 27th 2014, AL has just turned 24 years old.
Living with Krstles parents.
She shows her hands close up and guess what is NOT pictured?
HER BLACK KNUCKLES.

BEET-TUSSSS AL this is not something youve always had this is something that developed from gaining over 200 pounds in under 2 years.

View attachment 924901

ALSO she was going to the CF and guess what she ordered? The ORANGE CHICKEN
Her Portuguese side just didn't start showing yet boo boo, she has special hidden genetics.

All jokes aside, Hambo, your pancreas is screaming.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino