Official Amber's Health Speculation Thread - physical, mental, emotional - if you have a theory, post it here

sweaty chafing thighs

kiwifarms.net
I know that a few people have already expressed how inpatient for Amber is totally useless and considering it is a waste of time. But it looks like it's an idea that just won't die, especially now that it's making rounds on 'tistic reddit again. Whenever this shit pops up, it pretty much confirms that Amber's viewers are either naive or r.etarded (or both):
First, being a fatass isn't like having a deadly infection, no one can mandate that she gets inpatient. Is she a harm to herself? Yeah, but hospitals see a distinction between being suicidal, being infected, and just not having enough willpower to stop inhaling food. They're not going to waste a bed on her. (This personally annoys me as I've seen girls who very clearly need and want inpatient treatment, yet had to be turned away and asked to wait for days because no beds were available when they mustered up enough courage to admit themselves).

Second, that's not inpatient at all. It's not sitting in a hospital bed while everyone caters to your beck and call, with happy-go-lucky therapy sessions while everyone sings Kumbaya until you magically feel better and lost weight. It's not a self-care session; it's a total infantalization and denial of your personhood because you very clearly cannot take care of yourself and other people need to save your body.

The reality of inpatient is very uncomfortable, and that's why you don't find people willing to go unless they're beyond desperation. It's a total requisition of control. You don't get to do what you want to do, eat what you want to eat, room who you want to room with. You don't get to leave for anything: hair appointments, day trips, shopping, errands, whatever else. Everything you say is analyzed over and over. Nurses come in frequently to take vitals regardless if you're sleeping or not. You don't have access to the outside world except for one PC for the entire floor you're on. No cameras allowed, so that means no phones or laptops. No cords, either, so no headphones or chargers. No makeup, no perfume,--you're denied your own personal luxuries, basically. You're poked and prodded with needles and IVs. There's no privacy.

It's a nightmare that only ends when a clinician deems it appropriate and you're stable--so no one can tell you how long you're going to be there for. Amber would never. Anyone who thinks she would is a massive fucking idiot.

Instead, she's going to pretend that she can handle her weight and lose it on her own until she dies. That's the reality. Inpatient won't help because, say she did go, she'd only play the role of a recovered addict until she's discharged, in which case she'll binge again.
Agreed, she's either going to pretend she can do this on her own and die or she's going to wind up in the ER again with a legitimate life threatening condition and be admitted. This isn't My 600 lb Life, you don't just walk into a hospital and say you want to check in because you're a total fat ass who wants everyone to do the work you refuse to do yourself.

That said, some of this information is wrong - you're allowed to bring phones and laptops onto floors (even cameras I suppose as long as you're clearly filming yourself, though you're likely to get grief over this unless you're in a private area). The idea of bringing a laptop into a breeding ground for bacteria like a hospital is absolutely disgusting but to each their own. As far as phones go, everyone has them and the only time you'd really be asked to shut them off is if you're in a procedure. Even on a cardiac floor or in the ICU phones are still permitted, they're just frowned upon because they can be incredibly disruptive to other patients and their families dealing with serious, often life changing situations. Hospitals won't be held accountable if personal belongings go missing if you're carted away from your room for a procedure (imaging, surgery, etc) so they suggest you leave them at home. Cords (headphones, chargers, etc) are absolutely allowed unless you're a suicidal threat and being monitored.

Amber would require a bariatric bed which means she almost definitely would require a private hospital room (I suppose this could vary depending on where you are) but she would constantly be 'harassed' by her RNs, CNAs, and PTs to get up and walk the unit periodically to prevent bed sores and blood clots. She'd probably be prescribed a diet while inpatient but that depends on whatever the hell she's admitted for and Becky could still easily smuggle food in if she wanted to (although Becky could be limited in her visits if caught doing so).

The problem with being so fat and admitted to any hospital is the increased risk of acquiring infections while admitted such as MRSA. This would open up another can of worms and only prolong her stay. If a doctor ever admits her for anything, I honestly think she'd sign herself out AMA within 24-48 hours. She wouldn't have her pillows or blankets and wouldn't be allowed to bring them, she wouldn't have an open fridge 24/7 to eat whatever she wants, she would have strangers wiping her ass and forcing her to bathe, and she'd be forced to engage in physical activity and stop lying about her health.

She won't do any of that so she's going to die on her own.

cameronthedruid

Give me the fuckin' gun, Karren
kiwifarms.net
That said, some of this information is wrong - you're allowed to bring phones and laptops onto floors (even cameras I suppose as long as you're clearly filming yourself, though you're likely to get grief over this unless you're in a private area). The idea of bringing a laptop into a breeding ground for bacteria like a hospital is absolutely disgusting but to each their own. As far as phones go, everyone has them and the only time you'd really be asked to shut them off is if you're in a procedure. Even on a cardiac floor or in the ICU phones are still permitted, they're just frowned upon because they can be incredibly disruptive to other patients and their families dealing with serious, often life changing situations. Hospitals won't be held accountable if personal belongings go missing if you're carted away from your room for a procedure (imaging, surgery, etc) so they suggest you leave them at home. Cords (headphones, chargers, etc) are absolutely allowed unless you're a suicidal threat and being monitored.
That's not what they were talking about. In a normal hospital setting; yes. They do not take your personal belongings or deny you access to anything that has a camera(phone, laptop).

But what's being discussed is inpatient treatment. You go to inpatient when you have an eating disorder, are too depressed to take care of yourself, or if you have serious mental health issues(bipolar, schizophrenia, etc) that makes you a risk to yourself or others while they are figuring out the dosage of your meds.

sweaty chafing thighs

kiwifarms.net
That's not what they were talking about. In a normal hospital setting; yes. They do not take your personal belongings or deny you access to anything that has a camera(phone, laptop).

But what's being discussed is inpatient treatment. You go to inpatient when you have an eating disorder, are too depressed to take care of yourself, or if you have serious mental health issues(bipolar, schizophrenia, etc) that makes you a risk to yourself or others while they are figuring out the dosage of your meds.
Ahh, I misread it this morning - that's what I get for waking up too early and not having coffee. My bad.

Moonpie

Ride The Lightening. Fade To Black.
kiwifarms.net

So the hospitals for eating disorders are also for those with mental disorders?
I wonder where the closest one is to her. Probably Lexington. IF she got wise and did this- I'm sure Becky would have a hotel room close by.
And she'd definitely put her up to sneaking food in. And then like you said she would sign out AMA or get caught and kicked out.
Hell what are we thinking. She's never going to do this. She thinks she's got it under control.

Moonpie

Ride The Lightening. Fade To Black.
kiwifarms.net
Ahh, I misread it this morning - that's what I get for waking up too early and not having coffee. My bad.
I do that a lot too. Lol. I gotta have that coffee or my brain is fuzzy like Eric's hair. Lol

• Mods: shit I'm sorry. I forgot to quote both in one comment. It won't happen again.

• Feels
Reactions: DatBepisTho

sweaty chafing thighs

kiwifarms.net
I wonder where the closest one is to her. Probably Lexington. IF she got wise and did this- I'm sure Becky would have a hotel room close by.
And she'd definitely put her up to sneaking food in. And then like you said she would sign out AMA or get caught and kicked out.
Hell what are we thinking. She's never going to do this. She thinks she's got it under control.
They're different. They're usually more like a residential facility (but locked down with the exception of trips to the grocery store to learn healthy shopping habits I suppose?) with 24/7 staff on hand but likely more limited at night than, say, a hospital. I don't know if any specifically only treat bariatric patients but eating disorders come in all shapes and sizes. Becky wouldn't be able to sneak food into one of these places. A hospital, yes, but one of these? Yeah, good luck. Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong here because I don't have experience with these places but I don't think you can really be admitted involuntarily (in some states you can be admitted elsewhere for mental health evaluation involuntarily which is why I mention it) so she wouldn't even need to sign herself out AMA.

Point is she doesn't want the help.

bev

kiwifarms.net
They're different. They're usually more like a residential facility (but locked down with the exception of trips to the grocery store to learn healthy shopping habits I suppose?) with 24/7 staff on hand but likely more limited at night than, say, a hospital. I don't know if any specifically only treat bariatric patients but eating disorders come in all shapes and sizes. Becky wouldn't be able to sneak food into one of these places. A hospital, yes, but one of these? Yeah, good luck. Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong here because I don't have experience with these places but I don't think you can really be admitted involuntarily (in some states you can be admitted elsewhere for mental health evaluation involuntarily which is why I mention it) so she wouldn't even need to sign herself out AMA.

Point is she doesn't want the help.
You're mainly right except on two things. Inpatient hospitalization for EDs are in actual hospitals most of the time. You're mainly admitted there if you're beyond control or have comorbid health issues (like with your heart, kidneys, electrolytes, etc). You get fed through a nose tube if you're not compliant, have IVs, all that shit. Residential treatment is in, well, residential settings. You're locked in an apartment setting, basically. It's still inpatient, technically, but no one is thinking you're about to die or kill yourself and others--although they're not taking risks. They usually treat all or most EDs in the same facility. You'll have a ward with skellies, fatties, and purgers. They're all there because they don't know how to eat right.

It's not always just people with EDs in there, either. You can have people with other addictions, as well. You're not allowed to leave if you're hospitalized at all. You can get a supervised "day pass" if you're in residential for a couple of hours, but only if it's approved. You're pretty much ostracized from the real world in both scenarios because both prohibit you from bringing in items. If you're under the age of consent, your parents/guardians can force you in. If you're an adult, they can't, and usually it's you who has to jump through the hoops for admission.

HOWEVER, these locations can force you to accept a specific program if you want help. If Amber walked in and said that she wanted help, but wanted to do an outpatient program, the clinic can take her labs. If they see that she's pissing pure sugar with heart palpitations and malfunctioning kidneys, alongside her stories about how she binges every day, they can (kindly) tell her than they will only support her for inpatient--which is basically them telling her, "Bitch you're gonna die if we don't snap you out of it now." That's the most they can do. Some states have legal "petitions" where you can force people to get treatment (like for drugs or alcohol) but idk about Kentucky.

Bees

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Amber's got to be in serious pain all the time. Think about how you feel when you've been stuck in one position-she only has what, 2 or 3 positions she can achieve? Sitting but reclining some on pillow mountain. Sitting a bit more upright on the ottoman. She's about to lose position 3, standing. M600PL fatties get horrible sores in their folds and where the heavy lumps pull away from their bodies.

What I'm saying is I'm here for the OxycontLynn saga.

phoenixrrt762

kiwifarms.net
Depends on what the health crisis is. If it is the fluid on her heart demanding its piece, it may be done in hours. Pneumonia can drag on for a bit untill it turns for the worst and it can be over fast. I think Necky or the toiletbrush would mention it in a video. If the beetus comes to claim some toes, or god forbid a leg (some people stand up, hear a loud crack, fall on the floor, ignored beetus breaks a bone and the leg comes off) she will just not film it and try and play it off like nothing happened. After a hiatus because totes not health issues you guize. If I had to guess, gun to my head, infected legs that require wound debridement will be first, and then she will know what the fuck she has done with that fucking lymphedoema.

Whatever the case, her youth is leaving her, as it leaves us all, and when that day comes for her, and it soon will, she will know, being supermorbidly critically obese comes with consequences. Some toes, her liver, her spleen, her gallbladder, her eyesight, her leg, her skin, Lord Nurgle will have its piece, that much is certain.
Thanks for the link. I subbed to that guy.

SassyAndMorbidlyObese

Shhhh! I said SHHHH!
kiwifarms.net
Eating disorders are mental disorders, at least from what I know about them. Becky would be the type to sneak in 20 piece McNuggets to the bed bound pillow mountain princess. But I don't think she will admit her to inpatient so this is all pointless speculation.

• Agree
Reactions: Moonpie

Toohottotrot

kiwifarms.net
If al wants Ed related help here are options but I I’m going to guess she would need some financial help aka insurance
65ED6527-CC2F-4ED0-8B70-39769CE96B24.png91CABA61-1D97-4D03-99BF-B0C6BDEDE373.png

mekalekahi

gunna go home,take a lexapro and start the chili
kiwifarms.net
Is ol'gorl gunna sign up for health insurance this year? Im going to take a guess and call it that the "phone call was like so confusing and it was this whole situation"

• Agree
Reactions: 8008135

SAVE TWINKIE!

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I want to say that this HAS to be the year she signs up, especially with Becky getting sick. She goes to that place that has social workers now, there must be people there that will help her stupid stupid ass and essentially do all the work for her.

I think it's a toss-up as to whether she tells us or not. On the one hand, clickbait I GOT INSURANCE! But on the other hand it may be something she keeps to herself until she can whip it out, e.g. on a haydur who criticizes her the next time she goes to the ER for something stupid.

DefCon Dumb

Confronter of Cryptoid Cuntiness
kiwifarms.net
Her lack of willingness to buy health insurance is puzzling; she's not the sharpest arrow in the quiver but she has to have some idea of real medical costs for serious issues. She's complained enough about the cost of prescriptions in the past. Is it possible that she's exercising some kind of magical thinking? "If I don't get health insurance, I'll never really get sick."; something of that sort? It makes no sense to me but little she does makes a whole lot of sense.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino