Official Amber's Health Speculation Thread - physical, mental, emotional - if you have a theory, post it here

mekalekahi

kiwifarms.net
Amber needs a therapist instead of nutrition or diet advice though.[/QUOTE said:
Amber will never ever lose weight until she does this first. Until she talks to a therapist to find out WHY she eats the way she does, all the diets or healthy eating wont work. She doesn't have the support at home or willpower to just eat decent because her relationship with food is so fucked.Overeaters anonymous and having a support group of others that shovel food in would do her wonders but she would never ever listen to someone that struggles like her or be honest in therapy.

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
You really hit on the heart of the issue there. Of course therapy never worked for her because you have to be HONEST. She's simply not capable of it. She can't be honest with herself after all these years and all these failures. There is no way it will ever work for her because she's incapable of turning the lens on herself and really examining what's going on in her head.

StyrofoamFridge

Angry Conservative Faggot
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm going to keep this short and sweet. In her latest video, "the truth and weigh in", Amber claims to be going through some problem now (I speculate diabetes, but could be wrong) and wants to keep it to herself. Whatever it is, we'll find out soon. There's only so much the four stages of Amber can hide from eachother or us.

Munchma Quchi

kiwifarms.net
I'm guessing the leg pain was simple phlebitis. Being obese can cause varicose veins and sometimes those become inflamed and painful. The treatment involves anti inflammatory medication and compression stockings; but finding compression stockings that fit her would be difficult. Maybe not impossible, but difficult.

So if that's the case for her, maybe the issue resolved on its own. The inflammation, I mean, not the varicose veins. I think once you've blown your veins out like that, they'll pretty well always be like that. If they cause too much pain over time, she could go for vein stripping surgery, but until she loses the weight it wouldn't make sense, because stripping out the affected veins would just mean the adjacent veins will start blowing out instead.

Orange//Net

kiwifarms.net
@xenomorph her wrists and ankles look like the tied-off ends of a sausage link, and the darkening just makes it even more noticeable. It freaks me out enough that lately I find myself averting my eyes when her beetus paws make an appearance. Seeing them causes this like, visceral lizard-brain impulse to run as far away as possible.
C'mon gorl it's just a bit of potential gangreen. Y'all haydurs.

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
I'm guessing the leg pain was simple phlebitis. Being obese can cause varicose veins and sometimes those become inflamed and painful. The treatment involves anti inflammatory medication and compression stockings; but finding compression stockings that fit her would be difficult. Maybe not impossible, but difficult.
If you take Amber at her word (which is, uh...sketchy at best) then her doctor said it might have been because she was "sitting on it wrong." In other words, no diagnosis was given for her leg pain. SVT is easily diagnosed upon examination so I have doubts that she actually presented with that.

There are like half a million reasons why deathfats could have chronic pain in the thigh and there's really not a whole lot to go on, since Amber just describes it as her leg hurting.

Although a few years back she did skip a liver panel, which her last (?) doctor wanted to have done before prescribing her any medication. That's generally done before prescribing heparin, so varicose veins and SVT does remain a possibility.

• Informative
Reactions: thejackal

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
If you take Amber at her word (which is, uh...sketchy at best) then her doctor said it might have been because she was "sitting on it wrong." In other words, no diagnosis was given for her leg pain. SVT is easily diagnosed upon examination so I have doubts that she actually presented with that.

There are like half a million reasons why deathfats could have chronic pain in the thigh and there's really not a whole lot to go on, since Amber just describes it as her leg hurting.

Although a few years back she did skip a liver panel, which her last (?) doctor wanted to have done before prescribing her any medication. That's generally done before prescribing heparin, so varicose veins and SVT does remain a possibility.
I'm of the opinion that she just has a pinched nerve. She's said that she has a bulged disc...of course, that was only diagnosed by a trip to a Chiropractor and not any kind of relevant scan. Her spine is completely fucked up so it would absolutely not be surprising that one of her multiple tortured vertebrae and the discs between them have given up the ghost.

Munchma Quchi

kiwifarms.net

Do you mean a DVT? I haven't heard of SVT. Is SVT a superficial vein thrombosis ?

A DVT means an actual blood clot in the vein. Her leg would be swollen and the skin might have discoloration. Her D Dimer would be elevated. This would make her uncomfortable enough to seek prompt medical attention.

Phlebitis, on the other hand, is simple inflammation. Just painful swollen veins. No clot. Her D Dimer would be normal but she might have increased CRP and fibrinogen. I was leaning more towards this one as a cause of her leg pain.

The other person who mentioned a nerve problem could be on to something, too. The sciatic nerve runs down the leg. She might have injured it.

SAVE TWINKIE!

kiwifarms.net

So if that's the case for her, maybe the issue resolved on its own. The inflammation, I mean, not the varicose veins. I think once you've blown your veins out like that, they'll pretty well always be like that. If they cause too much pain over time, she could go for vein stripping surgery, but until she loses the weight it wouldn't make sense, because stripping out the affected veins would just mean the adjacent veins will start blowing out instead.
I disagree. That's a pretty simple issue you've described there and it sounds about a hundred times less bad than a DVT/blood clot or Peripheral Artery Disease (loss of circulation due beetus, obesity, etc).

If all she had was a hurty varicose vein she'd tell us ASAP so we'd STAHP MAKING ASSUMSHANS!

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
Do you mean a DVT? I haven't heard of SVT. Is SVT a superficial vein thrombosis ?
Yeah, and SVTs in the thigh are common in morbidly obese women. They cause chronic layg pain but they're easily diagnosed. Hell, you can feel them through palpation. Since Amber wasn't crowing about how it was actually a clot and she was totally right, I doubt it was phlebitis.

I'm honestly not really sure what was going on with her leg. I assume Amber has type 2 diabetes and perhaps heart failure (both of which are risk factors for one another regardless of weight! although the mechanism for heart failure leading to diabetes is unknown) which can lead to circulation problems in the lower extremities that can cause chronic pain, but eh.

I'm more interested in why Becky appears to be smuggling a horse dick in her pajama pants. That's a medical mystery for the ages.

Canned Corn

kiwifarms.net
Long time lurker, finally broke down and created an account. I have some thoughts.

So in most individuals with an eating disorder (any kind) there is malnutrition. In Amberlynn’s case, she is eating highly processed carbohydrates and sugars with little to no nutritional value, obviously. Diets like this tend to be very low in two particular minerals, zinc and magnesium. Our gorl displays obvious signs of zinc deficiency (eye leigons, delayed healing in wounds, mental lethargy, and taste abnormalities), and low magnesium levels (depressive symptoms, insomnia, perpetual tiredness, numbness in limbs, and muscle spasms). These minerals are also essential in proper brain function, particularly in the prefrontal cortex and amygdala. These areas are responsible for self-regulation and dopamine production (“reward center”) Basically, because of her shitty diet she is actively destroying any remaining neural connections that could have possibly helped her reverse this cycle. It doesn’t help that she wasn’t taught basic things like self-control and emotional regulation as a child.

In short, our gorl is completely fucked. Unless she checks herself into an inpatient facility and is properly medicated I can’t see her lasting much longer. Optavia is (by my dumbass guess) only going to speed up this process, seeing as their “feelings” have about as much nutritional value as drywall. The end is near.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino