Official Health Speculation & Cancer Discussion - muh mentals, hulthy just big

vanilla_pepsi_head

Heavens to Spergatroyd!
kiwifarms.net
I work in health care and I've certainly seen some shit, but never someone even close to this level of morbid obesity. The fattest I've seen is 300-350 lbs at most and even that's pretty uncommon here. In all honesty I don't know that much about the myriad of super gross health/hygiene/psychological problems unique to extremely morbidly obese individuals, I've probably learned more about that on the Farms than I ever did in school. Obviously Amber lies a lot and tries to be selective about what she shows people, but it's still a morbidly fascinating look at the disease process.

Am I misinterpreting, or did Amber actually have to get some kind of intramuscular injection to treat her UTI? I have literally never seen that in practice. Patients with really nasty UTIs that have made it into the bladder or kidneys might get started off with some IV antibiotics and then sent home with oral ones, that's common, but if she meant IV surely she'd have said that. To be honest, the only UTI-like issues I can think of that might be treated with an IM shot of antibiotics are gonorrhea or syphilis. If anyone has the foggiest idea why any doctor would decide to give an IM shot of antibiotics for an uncomplicated (or hell, even a complicated) UTI please enlighten me... but I don't think it's likely.

Now normally if someone just randomly happened to get some random crotch infection the same weekend their partner was gone I'd at least consider that she might have caught something sleeping around. But with Amber being Amber, I think it's more likely she ran into problems because Becky wasn't around to grab the Wet Naps and administer the occasional hooker bath. No surprise that she'd promptly end up with a UTI. Now here's the speculation: I think it was more than a UTI, I think she also has some nasty cellulitis in a very intimate place, probably developing for a while but worsened along with her hygiene. That would explain the shots, an antibiotic and a corticosteroid maybe, delivering them IM isn't particularly effective for that but it's not unheard of and we are talking about doctors from Bumfuck, Kentucky. And of course there's no way homegirl is going to admit that her skin's rotting from the nastiness growing underneath her fupa.

For most people a UTI, even a nasty one, isn't that big of a deal. But if my autistic hunch is right and Amber's skin is starting to break down also, shit is just gonna keep going downhill from here.

In the most recent MSHPL the EMS ambulance refused to transport the woman because she was over 700lbs. So they crammed her in a taxi minivan (shit show) and then had to haul her out onto a jumbo gurney.

She ended up dying.
Yeah if it ever turns out that there's a 700 lb hermit around here that suddenly needed emergency treatment they'd probably be screwed. Our city ambulances could probably handle up to 600 lb with some creative improvising, beyond that we'd have to call the one private non-emergency ambulance company that does bariatric transfer and just hope they're able to hurry the fuck up, then take them to the one hospital in the area that happens to have both a bariatric clinic and an emergency department. And that's not even accounting for the amount of time it would take the firemen to get them out.

I know Amber probably doesn't care if she dies, but does she realize it's more likely that she won't die, but instead end up brain damaged and profoundly disabled because she's made it nearly impossible for proper emergency care to be given in time? I guess if she's already bed-bound, 100% dependent and not wiping her own ass she might not be phased by the possibility as much as most people would be. The regret won't set in until she's alone and penniless with an underpaid nurse spoonfeeding her pureed vegetables in the shittiest government nursing home Kentucky has to offer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Francis Dollarhyde

And the woman, clothed in the sun.
kiwifarms.net
I work in health care and I've certainly seen some shit, but never someone even close to this level of morbid obesity. The fattest I've seen is 300-350 lbs at most and even that's pretty uncommon here. In all honesty I don't know that much about the myriad of super gross health/hygiene/psychological problems unique to extremely morbidly obese individuals, I've probably learned more about that on the Farms than I ever did in school. Obviously Amber lies a lot and tries to be selective about what she shows people, but it's still a morbidly fascinating look at the disease process.

Am I misinterpreting, or did Amber actually have to get some kind of intramuscular injection to treat her UTI? I have literally never seen that in practice. Patients with really nasty UTIs that have made it into the bladder or kidneys might get started off with some IV antibiotics and then sent home with oral ones, that's common, but if she meant IV surely she'd have said that. To be honest, the only UTI-like issues I can think of that might be treated with an IM shot of antibiotics are gonorrhea or syphilis. If anyone has the foggiest idea why any doctor would decide to give an IM shot of antibiotics for an uncomplicated (or hell, even a complicated) UTI please enlighten me... but I don't think it's likely.

Now normally if someone just randomly happened to get some random crotch infection the same weekend their partner was gone I'd at least consider that she might have caught something sleeping around. But with Amber being Amber, I think it's more likely she ran into problems because Becky wasn't around to grab the Wet Naps and administer the occasional hooker bath. No surprise that she'd promptly end up with a UTI. Now here's the speculation: I think it was more than a UTI, I think she also has some nasty cellulitis in a very intimate place, probably developing for a while but worsened along with her hygiene. That would explain the shots, an antibiotic and a corticosteroid maybe, delivering them IM isn't particularly effective for that but it's not unheard of and we are talking about doctors from Bumfuck, Kentucky. And of course there's no way homegirl is going to admit that her skin's rotting from the nastiness growing underneath her fupa.

For most people a UTI, even a nasty one, isn't that big of a deal. But if my autistic hunch is right and Amber's skin is starting to break down also, shit is just gonna keep going downhill from here.
Must have been one nasty ass hardcore blue waffle level UTI. I believe a nasty fatty can get that. It can get steamy and hot inbetween those big thighs, great breeding ground for fungus for example. This was not some standard UTI. Urineburns are not helpful either.

She claims she just picks at her skin but I just do not believe that at all. It seems a convenient excuse for a skin that heals terribly.

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net

Not to PL, but I’ve gotten antibiotic shots for infections. Granted they were sinus infections or bronchitis or things of that nature. I’ve never had a UTI so I really don’t know. I thought if the infection was present and bad enough they’d give you a squirt from the juice box to trigger your immune system into action. Is this not the same with UTI’s?

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
Yeah if it ever turns out that there's a 700 lb hermit around here that suddenly needed emergency treatment they'd probably be screwed. Our city ambulances could probably handle up to 600 lb with some creative improvising, beyond that we'd have to call the one private non-emergency ambulance company that does bariatric transfer and just hope they're able to hurry the fuck up, then take them to the one hospital in the area that happens to have both a bariatric clinic and an emergency department. And that's not even accounting for the amount of time it would take the firemen to get them out.
Monticello may not even have bariatric transport and their hospital is a teeny tiny CAH with a whole 25 beds. I doubt they have bariatric equipment.

If AL ever does have a medical emergency then she's fucked.

Ceftriaxone is administered IM for UTIs sometimes, although it's really only indicated if the patient can't keep oral antibiotics down due to vomiting or you suspect the patient won't complete the full course of oral antibiotics...

Plus there's just the placebo effect of receiving a shot. Doctors in South Korea will give you an injection in your ass no matter what symptoms you're presenting with because it's just expected by patients at this point. I would not be particularly surprised if some rural doctors operated the same way.

ihavent_ee_uhn

kiwifarms.net
I know Amber probably doesn't care if she dies, but does she realize it's more likely that she won't die, but instead end up brain damaged and profoundly disabled because she's made it nearly impossible for proper emergency care to be given in time? I guess if she's already bed-bound, 100% dependent and not wiping her own ass she might not be phased by the possibility as much as most people would be. The regret won't set in until she's alone and penniless with an underpaid nurse spoonfeeding her pureed vegetables in the shittiest government nursing home Kentucky has to offer.
Brain damaged? Because emergency services can't get to her fast enough? I have honestly never heard of this. Unless it's a stroke. Please elaborate.

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
Brain damaged? Because emergency services can't get to her fast enough? I have honestly never heard of this. Unless it's a stroke. Please elaborate.
That would be the cause. If she went into cardiac arrest and lost oxygen to her brain (as if that’s not already happening) that would absolutely cause brain damage. Another thing to consider is that her weight, CPR would be a nightmare. They’d be going through miles of blubber to get to her heart. It’s pretty grim.

Guardsman42

kiwifarms.net
That would be the cause. If she went into cardiac arrest and lost oxygen to her brain (as if that’s not already happening) that would absolutely cause brain damage. Another thing to consider is that her weight, CPR would be a nightmare. They’d be going through miles of blubber to get to her heart. It’s pretty grim.
I was going to answer about the oxygen loss to the brain, but I want to know how the fuck do you even give CPR to some one like her?

Oh and apparently ole Tammy Slaton wants to stay in a nursing home etc to try and save her self. I wonder if Hamber heard about this and how she reacted to another Deathfat wanting to 180 their death.

vanilla_pepsi_head

Heavens to Spergatroyd!
kiwifarms.net
I had strokes and heart attacks in mind (heart attacks mostly). The longer your brain goes without oxygen, the worse the damage is, more than a few minutes and you're brain dead. CPR can be used to keep blood sort of going to the brain for a little while, but Becky or the fruits don't seem like they'd have the knowledge or physical stamina to perform it properly (and anyone would find it difficult on Amber). Even if they could the overall survival rate for someone who has a cardiac arrest outside hospital and receives CPR is like 10%, with about half of those having some degree of brain damage. If she lucked out and a team of uncommonly strong firemen and Kentucky's best paramedics got there right away, working on Amber physically would still be really difficult (quality of the CPR would suck, and good luck starting an IV), transport would take forever, then if she makes it to the hospital they can't do good diagnostic tests on someone that huge and would have trouble figuring out how to proceed.

Being young I think she could easily survive if she's lucky and resilient, but her size makes it so damn difficult for everyone to do their jobs properly that the chance of optimal recovery (i.e. minor to no cognitive loss) is basically zero.
Outcome for strokes is very time sensitive too, but with the added problems that first responders can't do much for her in bed or in the ambulance and if she started exhibiting stroke symptoms her friends seem too dumb or apathetic to notice.

Hell, with the way she eats she very well might choke, and since she's way too fat to Heimlich they'd have to wait for emergency responders to come help her with that too.

God damn this is fucking depressing.

Wyzzerd

Unofficial kiwifarms wizard.
kiwifarms.net
Amber is so fat that the only way my brain can see doing some form of CPR would be to use a large rubber mallet/sledgehammer to get enough force to actually compress her chest or just pretending she is a bounce castle and jump up and down on her. It's as if she's turned from a circus freak into a carnival booth.

Twinkie

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Our hospital had to rip out the 500-lb big boy beds and upgrade them to 800-lb ones.

Kinda cool in some morbid way. If you look at patient weight stats like about 1% of patients cross the 45 BMI barrier and then it all goes completely to shit, their BMIs are everywhere on the spectrum from 45 to triple digits. They still survive because the human body is actually pretty tough and medical science knows how to keep people like James K. alive.
I'm curious where the 500-lb beds go...

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
I'd say they'd go to smaller hospitals and nursing homes/home care organisations in the local area first.
We actually donated all of ours to the local hospice provider because they needed them.

Fun fact: One of the hospitals used in My 600-lb Life (I think St. Luke's) uses bariatric beds made by an Italian company that also makes scales used for weighing trains.

Guardsman42

kiwifarms.net
Bringing this up because Hamber seems to be actively showing a desperation concerning her weight.

I think she got told circulation to some thing has been fucked and it has to come off. I think she's trying to fix it and is gonna end up fucking screwed over by gangrene by her own idiocy now.

Honestly we know her legs are bad, is it possible one is losing circulation that poorly?

GargoyleGorl

Token SJW
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bringing this up because Hamber seems to be actively showing a desperation concerning her weight.

I think she got told circulation to some thing has been fucked and it has to come off. I think she's trying to fix it and is gonna end up fucking screwed over by gangrene by her own idiocy now.

Honestly we know her legs are bad, is it possible one is losing circulation that poorly?

My initial response to this was, "Nah, that's a bit much". Then I remembered who we were talking about. She's still trying to deny/treat her sleep apnea by propping up pillows and just insisting it isn't so.

It might not be gangrene necessarily, but I think there's a solid chance she got told something has passed a point of no return. That, or perhaps even she can't lie to herself about some symptom or other being really REALLY serious. It would explain the desperation and the sweet forbearance she's trying to show on social media right now -- she'll want people to say she's a nice person who didn't deserve this if/when it comes to light, and she probably figures some good karma will help with the diagnosis in some mystical way. I mean, she thinks she can thwart a high blood pressure diagnosis by declaring to the universe (via YouTube) that she's "trying" and that it's "not her fault," so who knows what weird superstitions lurk under that bun.

Guardsman42

kiwifarms.net
My initial response to this was, "Nah, that's a bit much". Then I remembered who we were talking about. She's still trying to deny/treat her sleep apnea by propping up pillows and just insisting it isn't so.

It might not be gangrene necessarily, but I think there's a solid chance she got told something has passed a point of no return. That, or perhaps even she can't lie to herself about some symptom or other being really REALLY serious. It would explain the desperation and the sweet forbearance she's trying to show on social media right now -- she'll want people to say she's a nice person who didn't deserve this if/when it comes to light, and she probably figures some good karma will help with the diagnosis in some mystical way. I mean, she thinks she can thwart a high blood pressure diagnosis by declaring to the universe (via YouTube) that she's "trying" and that it's "not her fault," so who knows what weird superstitions lurk under that bun.
I don't really follow Eric, but I wonder if we'll see any thing to support it in his videos by accident?

I mean if she had to have some part of her body removed it would show some how, no matter how careful she is to screeech.

Mr Foster

Dosh, grab it while you can lads!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I agree, Amber has a very arrested development of her perception of consequences for her continued actions. In addition to that her infantile personality and lack of critical thinking skills would make her very susceptible to magical thinking, She probably does believe she can bargain with some unknown power of the universe by having a scruge-like epiphany and being nice to everyone all the sudden.

It's definitely not a change in personality, it's a pleading attempt to fix herself. In my opinion.

Too little, too late bitch.

Tags
None