Official Health Speculation & Cancer Discussion - muh mentals, hulthy just big

Mandaark

kiwifarms.net
Amber's not constantly feeding us crazy bullshit stories that sound straight from a sitcom like a pathological liar would, she mostly just tells white lies or exaggerations either to try and cover up the extent of her gluttony and laziness, to justify her crappy behavior, or to try and deflect peoples' criticisms of her on social media. Assuming her claims of past abuse are false (which could go either way honestly) I still wouldn't say it falls into the realm of pathological lying because she isn't inventing outrageous, detailed stories - she's just making vague, unverifiable claims so she can play the victim to excuse her shitty behavior/lifestyle

That's the thing about pseudologia fantastica though, it's a subsetsubset of pathological lying and is very much not the same - the lies are often made in order to protect oneself from reality. Children of abuse and neglect are most likely to engage in it as a method of survival and fitting in, as they have no basis for what is normal. And while they can make themselves out to seem larger than life, it is also true that they will exaggerate the details of their life to gain sympathy and attention. My guess is, ALR couldn't cope and so she owned it. And then some, once her friends and their families would shill out the love and affection.
The delusions, to me, seem like this (and magnified by narc qualities)

She's always the victim because she can't handle that she's a terrible, manipulative human being. (And she's a narc)
She's fat but healthy because she can't handle the fact that she's eaten herself into a state of disrepair and death.
She loves youtube again because she's realized she literally can't do anything else to support herself and has no one to fall back on or a safety net.
She's denied health problems because they weren't physically obvious, because to admit that she was wrong is impossible for her as a narc. And she's only admitted small things recently for the sake of Victimlynn and subaggedon.

She knows she's lying, but part of her is desperate to believe it because reality (as it has always been) is too much for her. So she makes up a life/persona and "lives" it.

vanilla_pepsi_head

Heavens to Spergatroyd!
kiwifarms.net
That's the thing about pseudologia fantastica though, it's a subsetsubset of pathological lying and is very much not the same - the lies are often made in order to protect oneself from reality. Children of abuse and neglect are most likely to engage in it as a method of survival and fitting in, as they have no basis for what is normal. And while they can make themselves out to seem larger than life, it is also true that they will exaggerate the details of their life to gain sympathy and attention. My guess is, ALR couldn't cope and so she owned it. And then some, once her friends and their families would shill out the love and affection.
The delusions, to me, seem like this (and magnified by narc qualities)

She's always the victim because she can't handle that she's a terrible, manipulative human being. (And she's a narc)
She's fat but healthy because she can't handle the fact that she's eaten herself into a state of disrepair and death.
She loves youtube again because she's realized she literally can't do anything else to support herself and has no one to fall back on or a safety net.
She's denied health problems because they weren't physically obvious, because to admit that she was wrong is impossible for her as a narc. And she's only admitted small things recently for the sake of Victimlynn and subaggedon.

She knows she's lying, but part of her is desperate to believe it because reality (as it has always been) is too much for her. So she makes up a life/persona and "lives" it.

I've always heard "pseudologia fantastica" and "pathological lying" used interchangeably, so that's how I've been using them, I did a few cursory Google searches and haven't found anything that shows people differentiating between the two terms: The phenomenon refers to someone who constantly invents dramatic, fantastical, self-aggrandizing stories with no explicit external motive and no other obvious mental disorder or personality disorder that would better explain the behavior as part of its pathology (more info on the types of internal and external motivations plus other info here). I guess we'll agree to disagree on this one because I really don't think Amber's lies are anywhere near the kinds of things you'd expect to come out of a pathological liar, they are much better explained by a possible personality disorder and regular, boring old denial in my opinion.

(I don't really feel like I understand the relationship between eating disorders and personality disorders well enough to speculate further than "probably cluster B" and I'm not even sure if a food issue like Amber's should be treated like an addiction or not. Plus we're only going off what Amber and co. post for public consumption, and the one thing we do agree on is that her credibility sucks.) Now, if you are proposing that Amber's entire background (foster care, trashy drug family, etc) is all an elaborate fabrication that has "become" Amber's "reality" ... then, I think you could certainly call that pseudologia fantastica.

Now, unofficially, I have heard the terms "compulsive lying" and "pathological lying" used slightly differently, where the term "compulsive lying" refers to people who don't think about it beforehand but might impulsively say whatever they think others want to hear as a maladaptive coping mechanism strongly associated with PTSD and BPD, while "pathological lying" is reserved for the more out-there, self-aggrandizing, dramatic stories that generally take forethought and might even include fake documents and those kinds of things. I don't know Amber IRL to say if compulsive lying could be considered a problem for her (and does bullshitting for Youtube bux even count?) but there's been no evidence of her pathologically lying, by these definitions. That said, the whole subject is murky as hell, no one can agree on what the terms mean, and in my years of experience I've never even heard a psychiatrist discuss it outside the context of another disorder anyway so I'll quit sperging about it now.

I would like to understand how exactly you are using the different terms though, can you explain the difference briefly and/or maybe throw in a couple links (with some Amber-related examples so it doesn't get off topic)?

Strawberry Pocky

If anybody needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome.
kiwifarms.net
I've truly become eneaptured with all of the psychological talk going on in this thread, you gorls are on your fucking game and I'm really shocked at some of the stuff I've learned just from the posts here alone...particularly about NPD and Lying.

If there is anything at all that I can contribute myself, its that to say that I'm with the other Kiwis who are firmly in the camp of ALR absolutely, demonstrably, does NOT have binge eating disorder.

REAL Binge Eating as a true mental illness/Psychological Disorder, and indeed clinucally-diagnosable BED, is defined by so many parameters and has so many required traits/behaviours that HamLard does not and has NEVER had or ever engaged in.
I really wish that the word "binging" wasn't synonymous and interchangeable with "eating like a pig" or just confused with constant overeating in general. It's blurring and ruining whats already difficult to treat and it crazy misunderstood and stigmatized.

All the aspects of Binge Eating Disorder that AL literally DOES NOT DO/HAVE:
> Intermittent/Occasional bouts of frantic overeating (once or twice a week-ish) that last for short and discrete periods of time.
HamLard is in a constant, never ending state of heaving mountains of food down her slophole from the moment she wakes up till she passes out

> Intense/Extreme feelings of guilt, shame, disgust, etc. Trying to hide the problem/binges
AL literally never shuts the fuck up about it ever. Films herself eating and publishes it on Youtube. Flaunts her fake, made up diagnosis lies. Is happy and PROUD of how depressed/anxious/BED/disordered she is

> Complete
lack of control over self and eating, being manic and/or frenzied, sometimes even blacking out. Sufferers will eat ANYTHING that is immediately available to them in the moment and most commonly sruff food in extreme hyperemotional states. Eating dry cereal, oats, raw flour, out of garbage cans, steal food, etc
AL obviously in total control at all times, writes shopping lists, pucks out her favourite foods over and over, sends Necky of grocery/junk/fast food runs, goes out to over-feed in her favourite restaraunts, has even said on camera that she is pre "planning" binges

> Very very common to attempt to "compensate" for the sporadic overconsumption of food via restriction or exercise
HAHAHAHAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAA

Piggy Pot Pie

ham hoof hotdish
kiwifarms.net
Each time a thought is repeated a neural pathway is etched into the brain. She spends a LOT of time thinking about food so those pathways are gravy-filled canyons at this point. Even the mere act of looking at her dog which she foolishly chose to re-name “Twinkie” triggers her on some level. When she yells out, “Twinkie Stooorrr!” there is a deep, dark place in her brain associating the word twinkie with moist, chemical “cake” and sweet, cream filling despite the fact that she “doesn’t like twinkies”. Wasabi, no doubt, triggers subconscious thoughts about sushi or wasabi peas. Thoughts like this awaken “the binge monster” (a craving she doesn’t have the willpower to overcome due to feebleness of mind and body) whether she knows it or not. She may not jam a twinkie down her throat every time Twinkie nervously clicks by on overgrown nails but she is actively keeping twinkies in her thoughts nonetheless.

You can in hear the way she says and pronounces certain words that she loves them: food, meal, rice, ayygs, et cetera. Even the word calories rings a delicious little Pavlovian bell deep inside. Conversely, she says the words she doesn’t like such as diabetes quickly, not lingering over any delicious syllables.

I once heard of a lady who moved abroad to escape an abusive mother. She said that in learning a new language, those old neural pathways faded into the background and the new words did not have the negative associations with them and didn’t trigger her thus making her life/mental state significantly better. The word mother in English cut her deeply but madre bounced right off of her.

It’s asking too much but Amber should try to get creative and use different food related words.

If Amber simply replaced the word food with an alternative she doesn’t use such as vittles or edibles or anything she would not trigger herself nearly as much. She could use the word allotments for calories. Bacons could be rashers. Heck, she could learn words in French and call cheese fromage. The word fromage means nothing to her currently and the binge monster won’t even wake up upon it’s utterance. Sadly, she probably doesn’t have the creativity or the vocabulary to support this way of thinking. Sure, it would sound silly in videos but she already makes herself look silly (being generous here) so what’s the difference at this point?

As for her general struggles with language:

After a prison inmate spends an extended period in solitary confinement they can slur or mispronounce intricate words. It is partially due to the “lack of converse and the confined subject, not having an outward source and thus no reason to verbalize certain words to.” Also, “limited contact with the outside world won’t necessitate the use of expressive vocabulary. Although the wording will still be recognized in the the subject’s thought process, the muscle memory in which to articulate certain terms will often be forgotten.”

Amber is in her own confinement, and while not solitary, the conversations are as limited as her interests and vocabulary permits. Becky, Eric and maybe Rafe are now her only sources of bouncing brilliant ideas off of. (Lord help them all!) Rickie wisely bowed out a long time ago. Unfortunately, her roomies/gf do not have the highest of IQs and it’s doubtful they’re having rollicking intellectual debates of any kind in that house.

The depths of her laziness can even be seen in her simple wording. She doesn’t want to make an effort to think (takes no physical activity) of a word so it becomes a situation or a type deal which she thinks is funny, quirky and adorable. My favorite is how she is obsessed with something and then never mentions it again.

You can definitely tell when she learns a new word from another youtuber or MSHPL which is good but comes across as a “word of the day” and she abuses it like it’s a Weight Watchers Zero Points food.

I have a feeling the only books our poet laureate has ever really read beyond Goosebumps, the Weight Watchers Restaurant Guide and the Cheesecake Factory Menu is teenage fiction.

She said she “doesn’t follow recipes” and I wondered why? She loves calculating things like WW points and calories so wouldn’t “the girl who barely even needs a calculator” enjoy calculating amounts food and then making and eating it as an activity? That seems like an activity a fat person would love- only minimal reading is involved and you get to EAT. Then I remembered how lazy she is: too lazy to stand and cook. To lazy to wash dishes. To lazy to wait more than 30 seconds to get some Uncle Ben’s microwave rice. Her favorite food is rice and she doesn’t own a rice cooker? (could probably cook rice in her moist rolls at this point) She buys convenience foods like she’s a busy, overworked mom with no time to spare, when in reality she spends her time “hiding” under a blanket high atop pillow mountain (which under her girth becomes pillow valley) obsessing over herself, scrolling Torrid and wondering when Becky’s gonna roll up with the chicken nugs and shammys for her flowing legs.

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
She has a rice cooker. It's in the basement, she never unpacked it. Nor did she use it when she lived in her apartment. She's too lazy for a rice cooker. Too many parts to wash and it takes too long.
I was about to say, I'm sure the rice cooker is with the grockbot and PW Mason Jars. You know, where all useful things go to rot and never be heard from again.

bev

kiwifarms.net
Does anyone have theories on what's going on with her eyes when she bites into food and her eyes dart around and pupils go haywire?

But for real, she thinks it's quirky and cute. Just like with the lip-smacking, moaning, and sticking out her tongue

Strawberry Pocky

kiwifarms.net
I'm not one-hundred percent sure that the bulging eyes and manic oinks/pigs squeals are entirely controlled and voluntary, either. Sometimes her eyes are rolling and pinging around inside her squashy, bloated fat head so much it is like an exorcism scene from a horror movie.

I think it really is the dopamine, sugar, and food addict rush/high smashing into her rotted brain all at once. Remember, she has always had 'tics' and 'tells' like giving the camera a dumb-dumb babyfisted thumbs up and bobbleheading while squealing "HMMMMM HHHMMM!!!!" if she liked the taste of something. Every. Single. Time,

Its probably just worse now because her brain is a soupier mush and as she has gotten fatter and fattier it has been more deprived of oxygen....I wouldn't be surprised if she has had a mini stroke or two. Where are those screencaps of this lard whale's eyes doping out and staring in opposite directions while she is heaving her foul slop down the hatch?

Guardsman42

kiwifarms.net
I'm not one-hundred percent sure that the bulging eyes and manic oinks/pigs squeals are entirely controlled and voluntary, either. Sometimes her eyes are rolling and pinging around inside her squashy, bloated fat head so much it is like an exorcism scene from a horror movie.

I think it really is the dopamine, sugar, and food addict rush/high smashing into her rotted brain all at once. Remember, she has always had 'tics' and 'tells' like giving the camera a dumb-dumb babyfisted thumbs up and bobbleheading while squealing "HMMMMM HHHMMM!!!!" if she liked the taste of something. Every. Single. Time,

Its probably just worse now because her brain is a soupier mush and as she has gotten fatter and fattier it has been more deprived of oxygen....I wouldn't be surprised if she has had a mini stroke or two. Where are those screencaps of this lard whale's eyes doping out and staring in opposite directions while she is heaving her foul slop down the hatch?

I mentioned those strokes as well and still hold she suffers them. They don't even cause lasting damage, which explains why Hamber isn't looking like a stroke victim.

Honestly though, there has to be knowledge in that house her health is fucked and she's dying. I honestly wonder how Rickie and Eric just ignore it.

Reactions: mrsm0rbid

Gargorrrl

kiwifarms.net
Out of interest, with appeal to the more medically knowledgeable among us, is it possible for a human tongue to get fatty despite it being a muscle?

She's done this weird tongue thing when she is, I dunno, jokingly sticking her tongue out in this weird conical - I physically can't describe it any other way - shape that seems so weird? Usually when she's mocking Eric. She has a weirdly large tongue and ever since noticing it whenever she scars us by sticking it out sends primordial lizard brain disgust right into my fucking cerebellum

Reactions: literally low-key

fredspoon

kiwifarms.net
Does anyone have theories on what's going on with her eyes when she bites into food and her eyes dart around and pupils go haywire?
I was reading about food addition and binge eating. It's not the food that has the addictive stuff in it its addiction to eating. The dopamine release when someone feels the sensation of food. I thought exactly the same as you and found it really really weird.

Strawberry Pocky

kiwifarms.net
I mentioned those strokes as well and still hold she suffers them. They don't even cause lasting damage, which explains why Hamber isn't looking like a stroke victim.

Honestly though, there has to be knowledge in that house her health is fucked and she's dying. I honestly wonder how Rickie and Eric just ignore it.

I have been lurking and reading (all over, not just ALR) Kiwi Farms for close to two years before finally getting off my idle ass and actually making an account to join in discussions, so I have been watching Hambo-Jambo deteriorate along with you guys for ages now. I've been aware of her on Youtube for longer even than that....she has ALWAYS had the stupid reactions to "yummy" food but if you compare her Chinese Food Mookbong in the Destiny Era to the Chicken Sausage one featuring Rarity the differences are fucking frightening.

If you were Eric or Rickie wouldn't you as well?
Eric has proven himself to be a catty, nasty, backbiting cunt. He and The Thumb-Tard posted photos of skidstained panties on Facebook, he takes every opportunity he can to vlog and snapchat ALR in as unflattering a manner he possibly can while at the same time shamelessly coattailing her bloated fupa for his own gains, he sponges off of his husband so he doesn't have to work, he talks direct shit to people's faces while he stands right next to them...it is clear as day that he cannot stand AL and probably resents the hell out of her (and also Necky) for invading his home and ruining his pampered little spoiled privileged little life.

He does not give a shit that she is slowly rotting from the inside out. The only way it WOULD matter to him is that his Youtube channel is going to die along with her....but I think he is too selfish and narcissistic and dumb to know that.

bev

kiwifarms.net
Out of interest, with appeal to the more medically knowledgeable among us, is it possible for a human tongue to get fatty despite it being a muscle?
Yeah there's a correlation between tongue size, obesity, and sleep apnea which lead researchers to believe that the tongue can store fat. Judging the validity of that article is up to you, but it's the most comprehensive/relevant one I found. Amber's doctor suspected that she had sleep apnea, but there's no confirmation.

(Less likely): There's also always the possibility that her tongue is just constantly inflamed due to her taste for spicy, salty foods. That can irritate it and make it look large. Plus she eats so much and works that tongue out that it may be more jacked than the rest.

Guardsman42

kiwifarms.net
I have been lurking and reading (all over, not just ALR) Kiwi Farms for close to two years before finally getting off my idle ass and actually making an account to join in discussions, so I have been watching Hambo-Jambo deteriorate along with you guys for ages now. I've been aware of her on Youtube for longer even than that....she has ALWAYS had the stupid reactions to "yummy" food but if you compare her Chinese Food Mookbong in the Destiny Era to the Chicken Sausage one featuring Rarity the differences are fucking frightening.

If you were Eric or Rickie wouldn't you as well?
Eric has proven himself to be a catty, nasty, backbiting cunt. He and The Thumb-Tard posted photos of skidstained panties on Facebook, he takes every opportunity he can to vlog and snapchat ALR in as unflattering a manner he possibly can while at the same time shamelessly coattailing her bloated fupa for his own gains, he sponges off of his husband so he doesn't have to work, he talks direct shit to people's faces while he stands right next to them...it is clear as day that he cannot stand AL and probably resents the hell out of her (and also Necky) for invading his home and ruining his pampered little spoiled privileged little life.

He does not give a shit that she is slowly rotting from the inside out. The only way it WOULD matter to him is that his Youtube channel is going to die along with her....but I think he is too selfish and narcissistic and dumb to know that.

Ahh you misunderstood what I meant. I mean on the basic instinctual level of some one is dying, we react. Yet they ..don't seem to acknowledge she's dying.

Like we as viewers have the gut reaction to know it..but the muppet doesn't? Maybe Rickie does, I don't know.

Strawberry Pocky

kiwifarms.net
Ahh you misunderstood what I meant. I mean on the basic instinctual level of some one is dying, we react. Yet they ..don't seem to acknowledge she's dying.

Like we as viewers have the gut reaction to know it..but the muppet doesn't? Maybe Rickie does, I don't know.

OH OH oh oh. Okay I see.
Alright I got'chu now. Yeah - on the surface, Eric is most definitely still his snitty, bitchy, assholeish self. He obviously hates Amber and hates her living in his house (and her smells and her tantrums and her food thefts, etc etc) and frankly as much as I despise his useless clowntit ass... I definitely don't blame him.

But I see what you're saying here about deeper, baseline-evolutionary human instincts. When one of the "pack" or "herd" is very obviously dying off (like a wounded water buffalo or bloated and decaying beached whale) the rest of the animals take immediate notice.
Eric, Rickie, and Thumbo just....don't. In fact, it's clear that they are complacent in enabling the process along ever faster. They are actively going against nature, just like Amber herself; albeit in a different way.

Reactions: Tear People Up

bev

kiwifarms.net
Eh, it's really not uncommon for roommates/housemates to not meddle in each other's lives. They're just roommates, not friends or relatives. It's one thing if they all were friends first and then decided to move in together (meaning if Amber had known them prior to moving in), but she's just The Roommate's GirlfriendTM. They probably exchange pleasantries when they bump into one another in the common areas, but beyond that, don't really engage with one another because who really cares what either of them do as long as they don't jeopardize the safety of the household and pay the bills?

Regardless, I'm more than certain that they do talk about it off-camera occassionally. When Amber said that Becky told her, "I think the binging is making you depressed," it pretty much confirmed that there was dialogue occurring regarding Amber's weight. The issue is that Amber doesn't want to hear it and doesn't want to listen. Because she doesn't want to listen, obviously she's not going to talk about it or mention it in her own videos. They can't force her to do anything she doesn't want to, she's an adult. Like EDDF said in one of his videos, whatever frustration the viewers feel is probably ten-fold for the roommates. But there's a limit as to how much confrontation can occur in that house since they all do have to live together at the end of the day.

TL;DR: Just because we don't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. And if it doesn't happen, they don't have to.

Tags
None