Official Health Speculation & Cancer Discussion - muh mentals, hulthy just big

• Sorry about the recent downtime. The database server is being autistic. The beatings will continue.

DefCon Dumb

Confronter of Cryptoid Cuntiness
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"The only way to beat an eating disorder is no restrictions."

But in her video, she talks about first calories counting, (cancelled that because it's 'triggering'), then doing WW, which is also restrictive. She has not recently mentioned being in therapy for whatever eating disorder she may genuinely have been diagnosed with.

Serious question for anyone with an eating disorder who's in therapy or who knows someone who is well enough to be up on the details... If your health is at risk because of already unrestricted eating but therapy requires "no restrictions" - what therapy would you be getting to start seeing food realistically?

MOST people I know trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight DO restrict themselves in some way, even if it's as mundane as cutting a smaller slice of cake or opting for a less calorie packed snack or dessert. Is restriction forever off limits for those with eating disorders? If so, how do you get to a healthier weight.

I'm unironically asking these questions because I simply can't find any logic in her statement.

vanilla_pepsi_head

Heavens to Spergatroyd!
kiwifarms.net

But in her video, she talks about first calories counting, (cancelled that because it's 'triggering'), then doing WW, which is also restrictive. She has not recently mentioned being in therapy for whatever eating disorder she may genuinely have been diagnosed with.

Serious question for anyone with an eating disorder who's in therapy or who knows someone who is well enough to be up on the details... If your health is at risk because of already unrestricted eating but therapy requires "no restrictions" - what therapy would you be getting to start seeing food realistically?

MOST people I know trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight DO restrict themselves in some way, even if it's as mundane as cutting a smaller slice of cake or opting for a less calorie packed snack or dessert. Is restriction forever off limits for those with eating disorders? If so, how do you get to a healthier weight.

I'm unironically asking these questions because I simply can't find any logic in her statement.
Nah it's bullshit, though I wouldn't be surprised if the hardcore HAES "therapists" have programs that espouse this. Even hardcore anorexia patients are encouraged to eat junk food they really enjoy if they want to in small amounts once or twice a week and reasonable healthy food in proper portions otherwise, not go ham on crap. People with eating disorders need fucking meal plans, if they were capable of regulating their intake themselves without being super conscious of it (at least at first) they wouldn't fucking be eating disorder patients now would they.

GargoyleGorl

Token SJW
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

So, for actual BED (which I'm pretty sure doesn't apply to ALR, but whatever) one element of therapy can be to fight the compulsion to binge by eating small, frequent meals so you're never hungry, and not declaring certain foods as "off-limits" and therefore something you can obsess over. If someone told you that as of midnight tonight you could never eat cheese again, you might have the urge to do nothing but eat cheese until the clock strikes twelve. That's the kind of mechanism that's happening here -- binging, and binge foods, are a huge coping mechanism and trying to stop them all at once isn't something these people can easily do. So, the idea is to get the compulsion under control first and then start to look at eating a healthier diet overall. Someone who goes into a trance and eats 6000 calories of Burger King when they're stressed doesn't benefit from eating healthy the rest of the day. So, work on the issues that lead to the binges first, find other coping mechanisms, etc., THEN start thinking about a calorie-restricted diet to get the weight under control. Somewhat surprisingly, a lot of people manage to do this really well, once the binging stops -- they can actually eat a normal diet just fine, but it was the binging that was fucking things up.

It's like stitching someone up while they're still actively stabbing themselves, and stabbing themselves is the only way they can deal with life. Yeah, they're gonna lose a lot of blood, but it's futile to try to fix that when the knife's still in play. And if they recognize it's futile, they give up and make no progress at all. That's the logic, at least. And it works in some cases.

Of course, AL binges constantly, by any normal definition. Normal people have no issue eating under 2000 calories a day, not 7000. She might have mega-binges now and then, but her daily diet is nonstop garbage and "rewards" and "treats" as it is. She's just a glutton. As I said, a lot of BED people can eat normally but have a compulsion to binge. ALR doesn't come close to this pattern. She's adopting the language and, to an extent, the process of treating an actual disorder in order to make excuses for her on-going bullshit self-indulgence.

Thumbsballs

kiwifarms.net

When somebody is so twisted mentally there is a lot of self sabotage that goes on and eating is a major control issue. Basically the person is warped and they need full on therapy or a support group with a sponsor or something to help them unwarp their thinking. I had an eating disorder for many years and instill have disordered eating and attitudes about foods. Unless Amber really puts her mental health and emotional recovery at the forefront, reshaping ALL of her thoughts and beliefs and who she is, she’s fucked. You end up a different person at the end of it if you did it correctly. You think, feel, cope, act etc differently. It’s been a journey as long as the eating disorder for me and we are talking over a decade or two Give or take on bolth sides of it.
What she is referring to is that if she deprives herself, she knows she has a deeper, angry, hurt, rebellious side that will act out by all the Fucking food she wants, whenever she wants. So by not putting that pressure, she is able to keep more day to day stability.. binge and purge is a cycle, like the one she is on. If she doesn’t fall into the purge of restricting than she is not going to fall into the binge. You can help Yourself on either end of the cycle by either not binging or purging which ever is easier. It was easier for me not to throw up my food than it was to not binge, so I worked on not throwing up first and that helped me not have the need to binge down the road. It takes time to regulate this and you have to have a lot of insight to do that. This is true also with financial cycles, love addiction cycles, whatever it’s always feast or famine never middle ground, it’s warped. It just plays Itself our over a different substance for each person or a different maladaptive behavior. You are out of control and trying to over control and sperg it all up. Balance and yes, amber, yes, moderation will help you stay in the middle. Lol

escándalo

kiwifarms.net
The thing is with Amber its not BED; BED has an incredibly particular DSM because it has too. You can't just say I ate reeses because I felt sad. Also she premeditates her food intakes we know this. BED is spontaneous and over here, irregular wait gain is a symptom and way of defining. Amber's weight gain is continual it does not stop. With BED the patient is encouraged to pursue CBT usually and then their eating habits are analysed and then a method is given usually frequent small intakes of food to slowly normalise behaviours. Because the prior therapy binges rarely happen because the origin is known so the patient is self-aware. Sometimes additional therapies are needed such as bereavement etc.

Amber's opinion on BED as is Chantal's is incredibly poisonous and diminishes the effort actual ED sufferers chase, I can understand why people take offence to her.

Nicotine Fetish

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Really, I can only assume none of us are doctors. And Amber is not a doctor. So what would an actual weight loss doctor say? You know, somebody with a medical degree and years upon years of knowledge and practice in this field. Somebody who literally dedicated a large chunk of their life learning the science. What would that doctor say about restriction? Oh, wait. She did go to a weight loss doctor and he told her to restrict. Yikes. But I forget. Amber, who is infamous on YouTube for gaining weight, and 500 plus pounds. Knows better how to treat an eating disorder cause she - read google? I guess. Or she just knows what works for her? Nah, that doctor was wrong about restriction. She’s right. :)

iLoveDoe

kiwifarms.net
Really, I can only assume none of us are doctors. And Amber is not a doctor. So what would an actual weight loss doctor say? You know, somebody with a medical degree and years upon years of knowledge and practice in this field. Somebody who literally dedicated a large chunk of their life learning the science. What would that doctor say about restriction? Oh, wait. She did go to a weight loss doctor and he told her to restrict. Yikes. But I forget. Amber, who is infamous on YouTube for gaining weight, and 500 plus pounds. Knows better how to treat an eating disorder cause she - read google? I guess. Or she just knows what works for her? Nah, that doctor was wrong about restriction. She’s right. :)
Dr. Google is the most popular doctor because if you search well enough you'll find what you wanna hear

SnarlieNarlie

kiwifarms.net
I actually really believe that you can find better advice outside of the doctor's office. Because no matter how many years of experience most of them are obliged to follow the guidelines in regards of what to recommend to an obese or diabetic patient. And these guidelines are outdated at least if not even intentional misinformation. I actually do not agree that restriction is the key, at least not in the "mainstream sense" like living in a caloric deficit every day and I hope it is not too much PL when I say I had to find it out myself that a calorie is NOT a like any other calorie and that you CAN lose your excess weight without restricting yourself to the result that you feel hungry all of the time. And you also do not have to become a slave to the gym either. It helps of course but you truly cannot out-exercise your bad diet. It is 90% what and when you eat. However, Amber neither listens to doctors nor to the right advice outside the doctor's office. It is just another excuse to remain in her current comfort zone, a comfort zone that actually still earns her the most coin, so the discussion is futile anyway.

Nicotine Fetish

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I actually really believe that you can find better advice outside of the doctor's office. Because no matter how many years of experience most of them are obliged to follow the guidelines in regards of what to recommend to an obese or diabetic patient. And these guidelines are outdated at least if not even intentional misinformation. I actually do not agree that restriction is the key, at least not in the "mainstream sense" like living in a caloric deficit every day and I hope it is not too much PL when I say I had to find it out myself that a calorie is NOT a like any other calorie and that you CAN lose your excess weight without restricting yourself to the result that you feel hungry all of the time. And you also do not have to become a slave to the gym either. It helps of course but you truly cannot out-exercise your bad diet. It is 90% what and when you eat. However, Amber neither listens to doctors nor to the right advice outside the doctor's office. It is just another excuse to remain in her current comfort zone, a comfort zone that actually still earns her the most coin, so the discussion is futile anyway.
Restriction sounds like a scary word - but it’s just another word for eat less. And yes, if amber is going to lose weight - she has to eat less. She has to restrict. There is no way around it. That’s just fact. I don’t really know what you mean like “a mainstream sense being in a caloric deficit everyday” - that’s exactly what amber needs. And she needs it immediately. She is not simply overweight. She is morbidly obese to the point she is immobile. She needs a caloric deficit and probably a pretty heavy one. I hope this didn’t come across as hostile. But I strongly disagree. Amber needs to eat less, a lot less, if she wants to lose weight. And that’s something any doctor worth his salt would recommend to her.

KiwiKunt

Amber is my screaming pillow.....
kiwifarms.net
No amount of intuitive eating is going to help her without counselling - Maybe 'restriction' is not the answer but any eating plan has to co-exist with counselling or a sponsor, Amber has a distorted view of what a portion is, of what is healthy and and what hunger is.

The weight is going to pile back on, it is an inevitability and that will coincide with more excuses. more hopelessness and more illness

Last edited:

SnarlieNarlie

kiwifarms.net
Restriction sounds like a scary word - but it’s just another word for eat less. And yes, if amber is going to lose weight - she has to eat less. She has to restrict. There is no way around it. That’s just fact. I don’t really know what you mean like “a mainstream sense being in a caloric deficit everyday” - that’s exactly what amber needs. And she needs it immediately. She is not simply overweight. She is morbidly obese to the point she is immobile. She needs a caloric deficit and probably a pretty heavy one. I hope this didn’t come across as hostile. But I strongly disagree. Amber needs to eat less, a lot less, if she wants to lose weight. And that’s something any doctor worth his salt would recommend to her.
When I stated my opinion of course I had somewhat moderate overweight people in mind. Of course morbidly obese people are another kind of story. But still, Amberlynn does not really need to "restrict" in the sense of restricting that she would not be giving her body the calories it needs to function on a normal level. She would start losing weight consistently if she only ate what a normal weight person would eat to feel satiated, for most females this would range somewhere in between 1800-2300 calories a day and you can easily make three big satiating meals from this caloric allowance. She often spoke about aiming at somewhat like 1500 calories max when she was on the calorie counting train again. I meant to say it wouldn't even be necessary to aim at that (fairly low) number. Someone like Amber to admit that she is currently maintaining her whatever 480-500 lbs (if you were to believe this number in the first place) must be eating three times that amount of a normal female person's daily caloric allowance of weight maintenance. I cannot fathom how this is even possible but it has to be and this is the food addiction part. Because normal stomaches can barely hold so much food. She really must be stuffing herself 24/7.

She could just eat a normal weight maintanance caloric intake and would not need to feel hungry and would still be losing weight. She would not have to bother about upping up the game before reaching the last 100lbs of excess weight.

If she is ordering things too small for this reason, so that they arent so long on her, it wouldnt be that hard to learn to hem the sleeves etc. She's so fucking dumb and helpless...

You're trying to dance around the word restriction, but the alternative you described is also a form of restriction. 😒 why do people who need to lose weight prefer to play these dumb mind games?
My definition of "restriction" in regard of diet is when I start to feel hungry. Why is it dumb when someone who lost the weight she needed to lose is just sharing the advice that this kind of restriction does not work longterm. I have no need to dance around anything. Just sharing what I learned from my own experience in this regard. And it explains why a lot of people fail , see Amber and her numerous WW attempts and calorie counting because they always try that "I have to be hungry to lose the weight" approach. Not really true and actually counter-productive. Just wanted to share, nothing else.

phoenixrrt762

kiwifarms.net

I don’t know if this will help.....but just not having any restrictions won’t cut it. You have to work on the WHY of binge eating.
It would depend on what your triggers are, and what would help for you.

Say....you realize that you tend to binge when you come home from work and you just had a bad shift, so you bury your feelings in food.

First, you have to realize this is what you are doing, then realize the WHY, then....what can you do instead?
So, at FIRST you’d be told not to restrict, but acknowledge what you are doing, then work on the WHY.

If you don’t work all of this out, the therapy is pretty much useless....and it’s something you will work on as long as you live.

It’s much more complex, but that’s kind of the idea, hope that helps, or makes any sense.

krazy orange cat

Fluffy ball of evil
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So it wasnt a bellybutton infection ( it was)
View attachment 1505887
View attachment 1505888
I doubt she would be too embarrassed to talk about a belly button infection. Maybe a flea burrowed through the filth and made a home in her dainty naval until it fed one time too many and caused some bleeding. That's my theory anyway. If she's going to post about problems and then refuse to say what the cause was, I think we're free to make up our own theories.

Kitsunehime

your friendly Neighborhood Ger-man XD
kiwifarms.net
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a min, LAP SURGERIES ARE THROUGH THE BELLY BUTTON...LEMME FIND OUT. This could be why she was discharged so fast tbh I was stunned she was discharged from a complete open hyst, now if it was a lap then i can see why she was
i see it coming ...the Cancer was just a Scam thing and she had
View attachment 1505887
View attachment 1505888
make s you wonder, if she got a weird tick to go with her Finger into her Belly Button , rubs around in it to sniff the Finger O.o or maybe she collects Dust Bunnys in there o.o ...wet...cheesy Dust Bunnys >.># ...

• Autistic
  • Islamic Content
Reactions: 女鬼 and ADHD

Turd Fergusson

kiwifarms.net
I am getting suspicious about this “cancer journey” from some of the information that has been presented in a few sub-forums.
1. Laparoscopy.It is very unlikely that a surgeon would do laparoscopic procedure on someone with cancer. especially if the cancer was not staged. In laparoscopic surgery, the tissues are cut so to allow the parts to be extracted From the small hole. Cutting cancerous tissues might lead to seeding of cancerous cells in adjacent structures. The choice of laparoscopy leads me to believe that she may not have cancer.
2. Estrogen. If we assume that she had cancer and they remove it through laparoscopy, the last thing an oncologist would do is to give her estrogen. If there were residual cancers cell, this would make them grow as these tumours are hormonally driven.
3. Ovaries. Why would the surgeon removes the ovaries if the cancer staging is only 1B. Ovaries involvement would mean at least a staging of 3A. If, instead she had endometriosis, there might be a reason to remove the ovaries.
4. Staging. Amber claimed a staging of 1B. However, she also mentioned that she is waiting for the results of her lymph nodes biopsies. The oncologist would not have provided her with a staging of her cancer before the results of the biopsies. She said previously that the surgeon did not want to biopsy her lymph nodes, which is suspicious since you always want to know if the nodes are involved.

It is very hard to believe everything she is saying about her condition and there are a lot of red flags. I might be all wrong about it but with Amber we never know if she is telling the truth.

Fascist Ferret

reporting for duty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I am getting suspicious about this “cancer journey” from some of the information that has been presented in a few sub-forums.
1. Laparoscopy.It is very unlikely that a surgeon would do laparoscopic procedure on someone with cancer. especially if the cancer was not staged. In laparoscopic surgery, the tissues are cut so to allow the parts to be extracted From the small hole. Cutting cancerous tissues might lead to seeding of cancerous cells in adjacent structures. The choice of laparoscopy leads me to believe that she may not have cancer.
2. Estrogen. If we assume that she had cancer and they remove it through laparoscopy, the last thing an oncologist would do is to give her estrogen. If there were residual cancers cell, this would make them grow as these tumours are hormonally driven.
3. Ovaries. Why would the surgeon removes the ovaries if the cancer staging is only 1B. Ovaries involvement would mean at least a staging of 3A. If, instead she had endometriosis, there might be a reason to remove the ovaries.
4. Staging. Amber claimed a staging of 1B. However, she also mentioned that she is waiting for the results of her lymph nodes biopsies. The oncologist would not have provided her with a staging of her cancer before the results of the biopsies. She said previously that the surgeon did not want to biopsy her lymph nodes, which is suspicious since you always want to know if the nodes are involved.

It is very hard to believe everything she is saying about her condition and there are a lot of red flags. I might be all wrong about it but with Amber we never know if she is telling the truth.
I'm starting to think what @Moonpie ,said - she heard "pre cancerous", jumped the gun, and now cant admit that she made a mistake cause she would forever been known as a cancer faker.

Let's say she was pre cancerous, and they recommended removing the uterus via laparoscopic surgery prior to cancer development...

Would that make more sense?

View attachment 1505887
View attachment 1505888
Also, hasn't she said that washing her hair is difficult because it hurts to hold her arms up for so long? I thought that it was in her struggles of being me series, but that admission is not there. I hope I'm not thinking of chantal.

Last edited:
Reactions: EvaBraunsGhost
Tags
None