Official Kiwi Farms Pleroma Server - federated twitter: part 2

Julia Fortune

Very Real Online Girl
kiwifarms.net
Wait wut, and here I thought he was just some sperg who shit up one too many threads. Which of course he was...
Yeah, he's always had this weird pro-child sex anti-pedo obsession that, if you didn't know him better, would tip you off that he was a troll.

I summed up his argument best on Pleroma, I think.
1563304119061.png

• Informative
Reactions: Solo Wing Pixy

WeeGee

Weegee is de wae.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Probably a dumb ass question, but do our KF sign in credentials work or do we need to actually sign up separately?

Wendy_Carter

A sickly, sweet rose, plucked in its prime. Why?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

BatterylessWatch

Im right at least twice a day.
kiwifarms.net
Kiwis, we are going to war!

View attachment 844294

View attachment 844296
Is this going to be bitcoin cash vs bitcoin, except we're all exceptional idiots forking each other's software for no reason other than pettyness?

Solo Wing Pixy

Yo Buddy, Still Alive?
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, he's always had this weird pro-child sex anti-pedo obsession that, if you didn't know him better, would tip you off that he was a troll.

I summed up his argument best on Pleroma, I think.
View attachment 844221
Huh that's an odd veiw. wow What a weirdo.

Kiwis, we are going to war!

View attachment 844294

View attachment 844296
All we wanted to do was shitpost.

Deluxe

kiwifarms.net
This is the completely pointless feud

It doesn't really matter if you're blocked by people who hate you anyways as long as users are aware of it.

Kaninii is histrionic and probably autistic but doesn't represent the Pleroma project in any capacity besides being a developer of the backend. A fork would be a performative act considering they are willing to accept input from people like the smuglo.li admin who can't go one day without calling someone a niggerfaggot.

Last edited:

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is the completely pointless feud

It doesn't really matter if you're blocked by people who hate you anyways as long as users are aware of it.

Kaninii is histrionic and probably autistic but doesn't represent the Pleroma project in any capacity besides being a developer of the backend. A fork would be a performative act considering they are willing to accept input from people like the smuglo.li admin who can't go one day without calling someone a niggerfaggot.
This drama is the most fun I've had in weeks.

The only serious consideration for a fork would be to circumvent new anti-features that specifically attempt to limit distribution of data based on arbitrary requests from third party servers (effectively an attempt to federate de-federation).

We would release this as a patch and try to keep upstream compatibility. Just as a server operator can censor their transparency reports, server operators can choose not to respect the wishes of other servers. At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I'm pretty sure the entire fediverse is totally vulnerable to a sybil attack.

Last edited:

Splendid

Castigat ridendo mores
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This drama is the most fun I've had in weeks.

We would release this as a patch and try to keep upstream compatibility. Just as a server operator can censor their transparency reports, server operators can choose not to respect the wishes of other servers. At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I'm pretty sure the entire fediverse is totally vulnerable to a sybil attack.
Or we could just sign up for some accounts and figure out who blocks what in Google docs. There aren't very many big instances out there, so we could very easily keep track of everything interesting in a spreadsheet.

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Or we could just sign up for some accounts and figure out who blocks what in Google docs. There aren't very many big instances out there, so we could very easily keep track of everything interesting in a spreadsheet.
I think you misread something I wrote.

Dogfish Head

kiwifarms.net
I want to request that users make effort to try to find new individuals to follow on other servers. When you follow someone on another server it brings in all their posts into the full-feed, and it also brings in posts they interact with, giving everyone a wider perspective on the federation, with a more diverse feed of posts.

To find entirely new users that we haven't previously received posts from with, go to another instances website and mark down someone's username to follow. Eg: https://freespeechextremist.com/main/public

We are blocked from many servers, you'll see that in the form of being unable to follow them. If that's the case, just check out a different server. You can find a comprehensive list of servers here: https://fediverse.network/
I've been doing this since I signed up yesterday without knowing it's benefit. The shitpostersclub seems to have some good traffic without any butthurt so far. Seems like a good fedi (or whatever the term is)

Julia Fortune

Very Real Online Girl
kiwifarms.net
So, not to clog the thread with filler or anything, I just want to reiterate that this is legitimately a good alternative to social media, easily the best so far, and I couldn't as for a more reliable group to be hosting. Everyone who hasn't come yet, wtf are you doing? It's the easiest shit to learn, stop being a faggot and help us make this work.

On another note, I feel bad for Dick Masterson. I don't know if he's even advertised it lately, none of his fans seem to have come over. We're all the interaction he gets. Not that it's surprising from his very degenerate low IQ incel audience. I want to shill it but I'm not even sure who I'd shill to.

Deluxe

kiwifarms.net
First of all, Dick needs to not use Mastodon because it's just so shit for user discovery and extremely unfriendly to new users who might want to check it out. If you don't have an account, you can't see anything except an ugly log in page. I can't even find his account there.

TDS doesn't really need to be on the fediverse yet as long as his reddit and faceberg aren't banned. Twitter is where all the famous people/lolcows are and he makes a living on commentating on them.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino