Official Kiwi Farms Pleroma Server - federated twitter: part 2

Alex Poulos

Not the Celtic Rebel
kiwifarms.net
Can somebody help me, please? Uploading an image as avatar doesn't work for me. All it does is "uploading" with no end in sight. Wtf am I doing wrong?

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It'd be nice if all our emotes weren't gross fat people, I like the Yaniv and Rudy ones, though.

Can somebody help me, please? Uploading an image as avatar doesn't work for me. All it does is "uploading" with no end in sight. Wtf am I doing wrong?
Haven't heard of anyone having issues. Maybe try with a different browser, or a different front-end like a mobile client or the Mastodon FE at: https://kiwifarms.cc/web

Last edited:

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Seems one user wrote an MRF policy that sends you a private message when you get blocked by someone, by default blocks like that are invisible to the user. There might be some snowflake meltdowns from this: https://git.pleroma.social/snippets/1478/raw (archive)
Note MRF policies are reported in server metadata so they technically could just use a crawler and instance block any server using it.
This is now implemented, thanks again for the tip.

Blob emojis are also in, will add more later: https://emojos.in/kiwifarms.cc

User registration now requires a non-Google CAPTCHA (Kocaptcha), let me know if you have any issues with this. I tested it and it seems to work.

Last edited:
  • DRINK!
Reactions: Wendy_Carter

Sammy

Exhibits no Islamic behavior once given McNuggets
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So the Pleroma thing is kinda like a twitter, but anyone can set up a server? And they all link together except when people don't want them to? (So basically, NO ONE will want to link with ours because we're the dark scum of the universe?)

That seems a bit like those early Bulletin Boards of the the Pre-HTML internet. A bunch of little communities, like forums. Do these turn into echo chambers basically?

None the less I'm intrigued, especially since it looks like they're easy to set up, says you can run them off Pis, which is neato. I signed up for our Kiwi one.

lakyus

kiwifarms.net
So the Pleroma thing is kinda like a twitter, but anyone can set up a server? And they all link together except when people don't want them to? (So basically, NO ONE will want to link with ours because we're the dark scum of the universe?)

That seems a bit like those early Bulletin Boards of the the Pre-HTML internet. A bunch of little communities, like forums. Do these turn into echo chambers basically?

None the less I'm intrigued, especially since it looks like they're easy to set up, says you can run them off Pis, which is neato. I signed up for our Kiwi one.
More or less. The linking was supposed to occur naturally in the sense of servers "lazily" discovering each other when users start to follow and networks organically growing but this changed when Mastodon arrived - they started setting up crawler bots to link with everything and then complained about getting garbage and moonrunes on their equivalent of The Whole Known Network

There is plenty of non-blocking instances around so it's probably not going to be a problem - if anything, the (former, since they switched to Pleroma by now or went down) GNU Social !axis instances are guaranteed to federate with you anyway given their ideology.

As far as echo chambers go, there are some but they also most likely block kiwifarms already without ever interacting so it's not that big of a deal. It mostly has to do with how Mastodon was falsely marketed when it joined the existing fediverse - as Twitter without "Nazis" where troons can feel safe (despite owner of one of the more active anime instances at the time being an outspoken Hitler fanboy, their first contact was amusing and is probably responsible for Mastodon's instance blocking policies)

CopyrightBubble

kiwifarms.net
apperently its a bug?
I followed someone from KF.cc using my Gab account, then later I got a notification on Gab that they followed me back, so I guess the problem is on my browser.

Also: the profile I want to follow has many posts on Gab, but on KF.cc it only shows one, so not really sure the issue is on my browser.

Deluxe

kiwifarms.net
I followed someone from KF.cc using my Gab account, then later I got a notification on Gab that they followed me back, so I guess the problem is on my browser.

Also: the profile I want to follow has many posts on Gab, but on KF.cc it only shows one, so not really sure the issue is on my browser.
Most likely a problem on Gab's part.

Someone made a site with a collection of themes you may use to enhance your Pleroma viewing experience.

lakyus

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 869974

A map of the known Fediverse (does not include the largest Japanese instances). The pattern of degenerates to the west and normies to the east is fascinating to me.

What I find really amusing is that Matsoc, despite styling itself as the flagship instance, is merely a periphery in reality. It really shows the hugbox mentality of their users.

• Agree
Reactions: CrunkLord420
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino