Official Kiwi Farms Riot/Matrix Server - pt 6: help help im being oppressed

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
New Vector / Matrix.org has officially ACL banned matrix.kiwifarms.net from officially moderated matrix.org community rooms. This isn't meaningful for the vast majority of the users. I am likely the most affected individual since I won't be able to get version release notifications from their read-only announce rooms anymore. This doesn't affect general matrix.org federation, just specific rooms on that server.

I have gone through the official channels to inquire why the server was ACL banned and they have refused to provide an explanation beyond claiming a high volume of abuse. It is the policy of matrix.org to contact homeserver operators before banning a whole domain, but I have not been contacted once despite making myself available in several peer-moderation channels and being personally known to several matrix.org developers.

Thanks for your email - responses in line.

On 29/08/2019 17:47, CrunkLord420 wrote:
No one from matrix.org has ever contacted me regarding any issues with
any matrix.kiwifarms.net users ever. Is this how you handle your moderation?
We don't want to ACL ban servers from rooms, but when moderation of that homeserver's users exceeds the time we can dedicate to the task, we unfortunately don't have any other option.

Please provide a list of specific examples that qualify as "high volume".
We have already exhausted the time we can reasonably devote to moderating the activities of matrix.kiwifarms.net users. Unfortunately we are not able to devote further time to compile a report on matrix.kiwifarms.net users' behaviour.

On 8/29/19 9:41 AM, Abuse Management wrote:
We received a high volume of abuse from users on this server, so chose
to ACL ban matrix.kiwifarms.net from all Matrix Community rooms. We
maintain one list of ACL banned servers for all Community rooms, so
the ban was enacted in read-only rooms as well as the regular
interactive rooms.
1567103884754.png

For the record, we do act on spam complaints. We do not act on anything unless someone complains.

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why be such a lying coward?
Anti-spam is the most prominent rule on KF federated services, it's basically the only rule. If we don't act on spam complaints it would be 100% valid reason to de-federate us. It's exactly like running an email server.

This is in context to inter-server communication, everything is a lot more relaxed when its internal to the server itself.

1567189825828.png

Last edited:

Remove Goat

Wendy_Carter's #1 fan and potential rapist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
FYI, the current mods of the server are engaging with unsolicited cyber sex sessions with random users and are extremely whorish about it. Protect your e-virginity by cyber-raping @Wendy_Carter and @CrunkLord420 shortly after you join, they respond very quickly to displays of dominance.

Orange Rhymer

kiwifarms.net
Can I get an update of Matrix? Can it still be used, or is some goon still fuxxoring it?
Are the devs being pricks to KF ? Is it fun for children of all ages?

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can I get an update of Matrix? Can it still be used, or is some goon still fuxxoring it?
Are the devs being pricks to KF ? Is it fun for children of all ages?
The server runs and people chat on it daily. One day I might have to wipe the DB due to unsustainable DB bloat.

Reactions: Wendy_Carter

Coffee Anon

kiwifarms.net
@Null @CrunkLord420
Can we PLEASE have Tor hidden services for the Riot/Matrix room and Pleroma instance?
It's a crime against anonymity that these don't already exist, however, now that I have a KF account that I only use through Tor, it is an EVEN BIGGER crime!

[I don't like switching windows and would prefer to just switch tabs in the same window]

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@Null @CrunkLord420
Can we PLEASE have Tor hidden services for the Riot/Matrix room and Pleroma instance?
It's a crime against anonymity that these don't already exist, however, now that I have a KF account that I only use through Tor, it is an EVEN BIGGER crime!

[I don't like switching windows and would prefer to just switch tabs in the same window]
Matrix/Synapse/Riot cannot really work with hidden addresses, or at least without it being a hidden service exclusive instance. Riot has no support for using a different hostname from the canonical instance domain. The Matrix server does accept tor exit node IPs without issue.

I do want to add a hidden service to the Pleroma server but there's a bug with the hypervisor (Proxmox) that prevents tor from running normally. The hypervisor needs to be updated (which involves bringing down a bunch of different services that both me and @Null would need to coordinate), alternatively it needs to be migrated out of a container and into a VM. Currently the Pleroma server does not log IPs to disk, scouts honor.

• Informative
Reactions: greengrilledcheese

Coffee Anon

kiwifarms.net
@CrunkLord420
Is the riot/matrix server broken?
It's just showing where I last was and nothing new seems to be loading.
Avatars and other such things aren't loading either.

Last edited:

Coffee Anon

kiwifarms.net
It wasn't at 2:40 AM. And Endlessmike confirmed on Pleroma that it wasn't loading for him either.

I HOPE IT WASN'T HACKED WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING!

I'm guessing it was just Synapse being shitty though.

• Dumb
Reactions: JSGOTI

Coffee Anon

kiwifarms.net
IT'S SHITTING THE BED AGAIN!
About the same time as yesterday too.
ms.cegination said that joe's homeserver (I'm guessing he means thisisjoe or whatever it's called) was also down.
What are the odds?

Nigger Man

God's Most Hated Creature
kiwifarms.net
IT'S SHITTING THE BED AGAIN!
About the same time as yesterday too.
ms.cegination said that joe's homeserver (I'm guessing he means thisisjoe or whatever it's called) was also down.
What are the odds?
I was having issues with joining the server around the same time since it said that there was issues with either my Internet connection (which there shouldn't be) or I should contact the home server owner. Thankfully, it seems to be temporary and I finally got in.

shitposting ahoy.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino