Official Kiwi Farms Riot/Matrix Server - pt 7: DB PURGE IMMINENT

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Synapse is bad software. I've struggled with the fact that running it is unsustainable. The code does not scale in performance. The database will bloat infinitely and the pruning tools available are insufficient. I could rant endlessly about all the various problems with both Synapse and Riot. Simply put the people at New Vector are legitimately bad developers and it's shocking how much money they've been able to grift despite this. I'm not saying this lightly, I'm not being hyperbolic. It's bad, it's all bad.

The DB must be nuked. There's a problem with this. The devs at New Vector never expected anyone to ever want to reset their server, or lose a DB. This may cause actual federation issues with the domain, who knows, the developers don't (seriously). I don't know when this is going to be happening, because I've been putting it off for months already. It will happen though.

If you're worried about getting your username poached, make sure you're identifiable on either the forums or the fediverse so I can resolve any disputes if they happen.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Why the fuck were we de-federated? We didn't even do anything. I want to go apefuck.

Tags
None