Official Kiwi Farms Riot/Matrix Server - pt 8: lol nm

• DDoS is active again.

KeeperKissez

kiwifarms.net
I wanted to add my email to the new account I created on matrix.kiwifarms.net but it says that functionality is disabled. Why? Would that not get rid of your account if you clear your cookies or log out?

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I took the identity service offline because mxisd is no longer officially maintained and I view both mxisd and the identity protocol in general to be a security concern. It was only ever used to store email addresses for password resets. I encourage people to use a password manager and not lose their passwords instead.

No, your account will not get deleted when you log out.

Aegir

an aqueous visage
kiwifarms.net
Screenshot 2021-01-18 at 7.51.27 AM.png

Is there any reason that people from other federated homeservers aren't allowed to view rooms on the kiwi homeserver?

robobobo

kiwifarms.net
Maybe a block is in place? Pretty sure matrix was one of the groups that was distinctly unhappy that wrong thinkers were setting up servers.

Aegir

an aqueous visage
kiwifarms.net
Maybe a block is in place? Pretty sure matrix was one of the groups that was distinctly unhappy that wrong thinkers were setting up servers.
no since I'm connecting directly using the url and looking through matrix.org or whatever. p sure its that
Code:
allow_public_rooms_over_federation
is set to "false" in homeserver.yaml

toledo

kiwifarms.net
@CrunkLord420 have you considered finding 2 or 3 other reliable homeservers and adding canonical links to the Kiwifarms primary room(s) in the event the homeserver ever struggles again ? Worth noting also that some of the homeservers block connections to matrix.kiwifarms.net

Shoggoth

kiwifarms.net
@CrunkLord420 have you considered finding 2 or 3 other reliable homeservers and adding canonical links to the Kiwifarms primary room(s) in the event the homeserver ever struggles again ? Worth noting also that some of the homeservers block connections to matrix.kiwifarms.net
Isn't this exactly the same sort of problem as Null has with his ASN now that other ASNs don't want to talk to him?

hundredpercent

kiwifarms.net
Let's imagine all services were federated. Wouldn't it just be Null's nightmare scenario of no Internet only internets?
You'd have one Internet (open), and one or more closed off networks, that refuse to peer with free nodes. That's their problem. North Korea has a country-wide LAN, but it's not like there's two Internets. There's the real Internet and there's the North Korean "Internet".

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
#general:matrix.kiwifarms.net is invite only now for some reason. I don't know how to get into it.
#general:matrix.kiwifarms.net, #cryptocurrency:matrix.kiwifarms.net, #templeos:matrix.kiwifarms.net have been made invite-only due to spam attacks. Request an invite from #invites:matrix.kiwifarms.net, there is no requirements, just ask.

Solid Hyrax

kiwifarms.net
#general:matrix.kiwifarms.net, #cryptocurrency:matrix.kiwifarms.net, #templeos:matrix.kiwifarms.net have been made invite-only due to spam attacks. Request an invite from #invites:matrix.kiwifarms.net, there is no requirements, just ask.
Matrix has been having a lot of connectivity issues lately, even now I'm disconnected. Are there any issues with the server?