Official Physical Health Speculation & Cancer Discussion - hulthy just big

latter day taint

Shady Bitch
kiwifarms.net
I'm kind of shocked that if this is as serious as she is implying, they are not trying to get access to a Large Animal MRI. They aren't that uncommon and most areas with either a zoo or a decent population of large animal vets will have one.

Sadly, I know this is an option from watching My 600 Pound Life.

The Queen of Autists

kiwifarms.net
I'm kind of shocked that if this is as serious as she is implying, they are not trying to get access to a Large Animal MRI. They aren't that uncommon and most areas with either a zoo or a decent population of large animal vets will have one.

With blood pressure, it is very painful for a death fat to get it taken cause the arm is so big. Unless she knows to ask for it on her lower arm instead with the biggest cuff, it can read high just from the pain and fear of pain. But it's definitely high to some degree, she's 600 pounds, that's a ton of stress on the body.

Situation Type Deal Gorl

Fuck your feelings, nancypants
kiwifarms.net

Who has been on MSHPL that was sent to a vet or zoo to use a large animal MRI? Have you seen a large animal MRI machine? They are not the same thing as MRI machines made for people.

Diet Coke 4 Life

When I peek, it is in the line of duty.
kiwifarms.net
Gah damn it, I wish people would stop throwing around the 'send her to a vet for their MRI machines!' crap.

Behold MRI machines used by veterinarians.

Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 9.02.45 AM.png

Horse MRI machine scanning a limb.

Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 9.03.58 AM.png

While this might look promising...
Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 9.04.25 AM.png

This is how big it is.
Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 9.04.49 AM.png

Here's another image of the same one. Note it can't be used over the girth of the horse.

Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 9.05.34 AM.png

And there's this one - anyone who's seen a horse in real life knows how spindly those fucking limbs are, so they understand that the gap between plates isn't huge.

Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 9.06.23 AM.png

Here is a large animal MRI used at a zoo (the largest in the USA according to the articles I've read). AL would have to physically be squished into this fucker.

Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 9.09.43 AM.png

For reference, here's a human MRI upon delivery. Note that the entry hole isn't that much smaller than the zoo one.

Of note, here is a a National Institute of Health article where not a single zoo is willing to use its scanners on people.

And through my searches, I've found that the scanner pictured above has a weight capacity of 500 fucking pounds, so it's heavy duty as hell.

Note they aren't fucking enormous, even for horses. Most of what's used on animals is human MRI machines. Multiple articles exist from Zoo vets stating that they don't have specialized equipment. Of note, the only MRI on an elephant was of its brain post-mortem.

Also, of note, there ARE high weight-capacity MRI units available for humans. They go up to 500 lbs. Which is as large as the large animal MRIs that exist at zoos.

tl;dr: there isn't an MRI machine in the world that AL can fit in to.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 9.07.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 9.07.55 AM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Turd Fergusson

kiwifarms.net
Gah damn it, I wish people would stop throwing around the 'send her to a vet for their MRI machines!' crap.

Note they aren't fucking enormous, even for horses. Most of what's used on animals is human MRI machines. Multiple articles exist from Zoo vets stating that they don't have specialized equipment. Of note, the only MRI on an elephant was of its brain post-mortem.

Agree. Only on TV shows that human are imaged in Vet MRI. In reality, this does not happen. You need special software that veterinary MRI would not have. In most countries, it is illegal to use equipment sold for veterinary purposes on human even if the design was on human. It is not going to happen.

Amber problem is that she can’t lie down for 45 to 60 minutes without moving even in an open MRI.

Situation Type Deal Gorl

kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1808029
Horse MRI machine scanning a limb.

View attachment 1808034
While this might look promising...
View attachment 1808035
This is how big it is.
View attachment 1808037
Here's another image of the same one. Note it can't be used over the girth of the horse.

View attachment 1808038
And there's this one - anyone who's seen a horse in real life knows how spindly those fucking limbs are, so they understand that the gap between plates isn't huge.

View attachment 1808039

Here is a large animal MRI used at a zoo (the largest in the USA according to the articles I've read). AL would have to physically be squished into this fucker.

View attachment 1808042

For reference, here's a human MRI upon delivery. Note that the entry hole isn't that much smaller than the zoo one.

Of note, here is a a National Institute of Health article where not a single zoo is willing to use its scanners on people.

And through my searches, I've found that the scanner pictured above has a weight capacity of 500 fucking pounds, so it's heavy duty as hell.

Also, of note, there ARE high weight-capacity MRI units available for humans. They go up to 500 lbs. Which is as large as the large animal MRIs that exist at zoos.

Thank you. I get so tired of the "Send 'em to a zoo/vet!" bullshit. The machines are different, the software is different, and it really is not a thing that happens.

The largest MRI at UK Lexington can handle a 550 pound patient - but the bore is a max of 28 inches - for you limey bastards, and anyone else who hasn't bowed to the US measurements, that's a tad over 71cm. Obviously, Big Al ain't fitting in that, even if she isn't lying about her weight (she is totally lying about her weight).

sperginity

Why hasn't @contrapoints contacted me yet?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There are MRI machines that super fats can use, they are just few and far between. Imaging machines are extremely expensive and tend to get repaired rather than replaced. If your insurance doesn't cover a place that has one then you're fucked. Here are some examples:

fattymri1.jpg

This type of design is made by a few companies, and the opening is very large. The diameter varies by manufacturer. Note that the ring is relatively narrow, so if you can wedge the relevant part of the fat person into the space you're going to be okay, so this covers the vast majority of super fats, even those who are weirdly shaped. Part of the benefit of a machine like this is that it takes up waaaay less space than the traditional MRI machine, and doctors don't have to write scripts for benzos due to clausterphobia.

The second kind I know of mostly seems intended to help people who are clausterphobic, but it can help (most) death fats.

fattymri2.jpg

it takes up about as much room as a normal MRI machine.

iirc most of these have CT built in as well.

Billie Ross

Duh
kiwifarms.net
Thank you. I get so tired of the "Send 'em to a zoo/vet!" bullshit. The machines are different, the software is different, and it really is not a thing that happens.

The largest MRI at UK Lexington can handle a 550 pound patient - but the bore is a max of 28 inches - for you limey bastards, and anyone else who hasn't bowed to the US measurements, that's a tad over 71cm. Obviously, Big Al ain't fitting in that, even if she isn't lying about her weight (she is totally lying about her weight).
The problem for Hambo in this case is her height, too short for dainty 500lbs, I don't know if you guys remember. but she went to the MRI appointment but was sent home, people keep asking why they schedule anyway if they had her weight on file, the problem wasn't her weight but the fact that shelf butt/gunt/layghs wouldn't fit in the machine.
Do you guys remember Amy getting stuck???

Situation Type Deal Gorl

kiwifarms.net
The problem for Hambo in this case is her height, too short for dainty 500lbs, I don't know if you guys remember. but she went to the MRI appointment but was sent home, people keep asking why they schedule anyway if they had her weight on file, the problem wasn't her weight but the fact that shelf butt/gunt/layghs wouldn't fit in the machine.

I'd imagine the scheduling people wouldn't have had that information. Generally,they just have the name, DOB, and requesting physician to set it up. When you turn up for a scan involving injections of any kind, they'll ask what you weigh, for dosing reasons. I can just imagine their brains when a fatbody who is as wide as they are tall turns up. They'd surely ask them what they weigh (for table purposes). I wonder how they deal with the girth factor. Do they just keep a tape measure in a drawer so they can measure the circumference of the planet-sized meatbag in front of them?

latter day taint

Shady Bitch
kiwifarms.net
Agree. Only on TV shows that human are imaged in Vet MRI. In reality, this does not happen. You need special software that veterinary MRI would not have. In most countries, it is illegal to use equipment sold for veterinary purposes on human even if the design was on human. It is not going to happen.

Amber problem is that she can’t lie down for 45 to 60 minutes without moving even in an open MRI.
I apologise.

I find it interesting two "pop culture" doctors have gone on the record with this as being factual (Dr Mike on YouTube a few weeks ago and Dr Now on My 600 Pound Life.) I was woefully misinformed and frankly kind of pissed because Dr Now especially seems like the kind of no nonsense doctor who you can trust.

Mesh Gear Fox

What were once vices are now habits
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Umm, she's jammed"

Do they just keep a tape measure in a drawer so they can measure the circumference of the planet-sized meatbag in front of them?
That's exactly what they do. I can't imagine how awkward it was for the tech to have to tell fatso she's too fat for the machine. Bet that doesn't happen often, even with the obesity epidemic in KY. Amber is especially rotund due to her short height and The Shelf.

Situation Type Deal Gorl

kiwifarms.net
No living human's height is enough to justify 500lbs. Not even this guy.
View attachment 1809405

I dunno. That dude carries his weight well, is an actual strongman, powerlifter, and actor (he was The Mountain in GoT, who watched it), has a real family, etc. Plus, unlike the various fatties we all follow, he can actual diet to cut down.

Billie Ross

Duh
kiwifarms.net
Do they just keep a tape measure in a drawer so they can measure the circumference of the planet-sized meatbag in front of them?
Hambo is actually bigger than most measuring tapes.
Imagine the awkwardness for the professional.
I dunno. That dude carries his weight well, is an actual strongman, powerlifter, and actor (he was The Mountain in GoT, who watched it), has a real family, etc. Plus, unlike the various fatties we all follow, he can actual diet to cut down.
The 500lbs table limit is for people like this guy, not gluttonous Beasts like Hambo.

vanilla_pepsi_head

Stone Cold Steve Autism
kiwifarms.net
I know this is probably so obvious it doesn't require confirming, but... she hasn't complained about UTIs since her hysterectomy. When she went to the doctor and urgent care all those times for a UTI, was UTI code for clotty period hole?

Maybe but I kind of doubt it. She always knew she had bad periods but never really went to the doctor for it (knows they'll just say it's because hormones and fat, doesn't want an intimate examination just for that) until the time it was bad enough she got scared. Anyone who would present in the ER with gynecological problems, especially multiple times, would have had a speculum before this year I would think. Erratic bleeding on top of her regular god awful hygiene in that region probably made her more prone to UTIs in general. Sorry to spell it out, but we saw pads in her bathroom that are the super thick ones meant for urine, she probably bought those so she could change it very infrequently/wear one as a precaution and was getting UTIs from the general mankiness. Plus it's just her and Becky now so if she wants to sit around and air everything out pantsless she can, no gay guys to complain about the assault to the senses, which probably helps.

Situation Type Deal Gorl

kiwifarms.net
Hambo is actually bigger than most measuring tapes.
Imagine the awkwardness for the professional.

The 500lbs table limit is for people like this guy, not gluttonous Beasts like Hambo.

Maybe we should start calling HER The Mountain. Or maybe not, that would shit all over the decent books and the terrific show (at least until that last season), and Bjornsson would probably come kick all our asses*.....

*Although probably not. I subscribe to his YT channel and he seems like a decent dude.