Official Physical Health Speculation & Cancer Discussion - hulthy just big

Turd Fergusson

kiwifarms.net
I apologise.

I find it interesting two "pop culture" doctors have gone on the record with this as being factual (Dr Mike on YouTube a few weeks ago and Dr Now on My 600 Pound Life.) I was woefully misinformed and frankly kind of pissed because Dr Now especially seems like the kind of no nonsense doctor who you can trust.
No need to apologise. This is a myth that does not seems to die and is sometimes propagated by even the medical profession. I will give you the reasons why this is actually improbable. PL. this is my field of expertise.

First: equipment.

Except for MRI for horses that are specifically designed to be used on standing horses, mostly to evaluate the legs. Most, if not all CT and MRI equipment is designed to be used in humans. There are regional variations on all imaging equipment. An example is imaging equipment from Shimadzu that are designed specifically for the Asian market whereas the table is lower to the ground to suit Asian with shorter stature.

So, the equipment that is used in veterinary clinics and zoos is not any different than the equipment uses in hospitals. So, why going to a vet clinic to use equipment that already exists in hospitals? The inverse is actually true. Some hospitals or clinics will sell equipment time (mostly in the middle of the night) to vet clinics and zoos to image their animals. It is a lot cheaper than purchasing the equipment.

Second: Approval to use

In the U.S., before being able to sell a piece of medical equipment, you must obtain Premarket Approval (PMA) or a 510(k). PMA is required to prove that the device is safe and effective on humans. PMA may require clinical trials may be required for the procedures being proposed. When you hear “off label use”, it means that the safety and efficacy of the device were not determined for the procedure being used. 510(k) is a premarket submission that the device is safe and effective and is substantially similar to an already legally marketed device. So, for a new model of an existing CT or MRI, the manufacturer typically would request a 510(k) clearance. For something new, they would go the PMA route.

A large-bore CT or MRI may not be approved for 510(k) clearance but instead require the manufacturer to go through PMA, which is bloody expensive. The manufacturer would have done the market research to determine if it is even worthwhile.

For veterinary CT and MRI, there is no requirement for premarket approval but must meet applicable requirements for radiation-emitting devices. So, any devices strictly sold for veterinary purpose does not need to show safety and effectiveness on humans.

Third. Software

The other issue is with the software used on the equipment. Most equipment is bought with software to optimise the type of procedures being done. Some procedures require a specific sequence, for example, a chest CT might require a scout scan first (like a chess film) to set some of the parameters then the CT procedure. Those software packages are not cheap and sometimes require specific training to use them. Same this with MRIs. There is also the use of contrast agents. For MRI, Gadolinium is used as a contrast agent and I do not know if the formulation is the same for veterinary medicine. It is not certain that the equipment would be set-up to image properly a human (mostly fat) instead of animals (mostly muscle and bone).

Forth. Procedure

Unlike most tv shows where a doctor is doing orthopedic surgery one week then neurology the following week, most medical professionals stay on their lane. Dr. Nowzaradan is a surgeon, a very good one from what we can see, but he is not a radiologist. For him to do it, he would have to do a residence in radiology for about 3-5 years. So, in practice, when evaluating a patient, he would requisition a CT, chest, MRI and might add “with contrast”, for the indication he is looking for. He will never write: “need patient Amber Reid with D.O.B. xx/xx/xxxx to be sent to Billybob vet clinic for an MRI”. THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

Sometimes, the imaging department would contact to referring physician to discuss the requisition especially if there are imaging issues or if the test will not provide the information requested. The imaging department will not decide after finding out that she does not fit the machine to send her to a vet clinic. THIS WILL ALSO NEVER HAPPEN.

Fifth. Liability

The use of a non-approved medical device on a patient is strictly prohibited. This may lead to losing your licence to practice (radiologist, radiographer), and a huge liability for the vet clinic (practicing medicine without a licence), and the hospital (gross negligence).

Sixth. Amber

Why did Amber not get imaged? 3 possible reasons.

1. She did not fit the equipment. (most likely)

2. She cannot lie flat on her back and still for 45-60 minutes. (another possibility)

3. She is too heavy for the table. (again, another possibility)

With Amber, we are never sure if she tells the truth.

SituationTypeThing

kiwifarms.net
Maybe but I kind of doubt it. She always knew she had bad periods but never really went to the doctor for it (knows they'll just say it's because hormones and fat, doesn't want an intimate examination just for that) until the time it was bad enough she got scared. Anyone who would present in the ER with gynecological problems, especially multiple times, would have had a speculum before this year I would think. Erratic bleeding on top of her regular god awful hygiene in that region probably made her more prone to UTIs in general. Sorry to spell it out, but we saw pads in her bathroom that are the super thick ones meant for urine, she probably bought those so she could change it very infrequently/wear one as a precaution and was getting UTIs from the general mankiness. Plus it's just her and Becky now so if she wants to sit around and air everything out pantsless she can, no gay guys to complain about the assault to the senses, which probably helps.
You're probably right, I hadn't considered those things. I do remember seeing a big pack of adult diaper branded things (probably pads not diapers she wouldn't fit in a pair of grampers) in her hoarder's den at the old house.

I wonder if she signed up for insurance during the open period that ended on the 15th. I assume she didn't, but since she reads here, she'll probably work a lie about her new insurance into her next video.

Edited to add a Sixth 1b and 2b to @Turd Fergusson 's list:
1b: even if the bore size fit the exact circumference of amber's body, it would not fit amber's body+ the lead apron thing I assume they use to keep people's organs from being scrambled by the radiology. It's not an issue on a regular sized person, but it does add a couple inches that amber's girth isn't able to cede.

2b: amber's shelf ass would prohibit her from being able to lie flat on her back in the first place. There's no way her ass and mid-section could be on the table at the same time.

Last edited:

Turd Fergusson

kiwifarms.net
I wonder if she signed up for insurance during the open period that ended on the 15th. I assume she didn't, but since she reads here, she'll probably work a lie about her new insurance into her next video.

Edited to add a Sixth 1b and 2b to @Turd Fergusson 's list:
1b: even if the bore size fit the exact circumference of amber's body, it would not fit amber's body+ the lead apron thing I assume they use to keep people's organs from being scrambled by the radiology. It's not an issue on a regular sized person, but it does add a couple inches that amber's girth isn't able to cede.

2b: amber's shelf ass would prohibit her from being able to lie flat on her back in the first place. There's no way her ass and mid-section could be on the table at the same time.
It would boggle my mind if she did not enroll in ACA after her year of hell.

1b. In general, they never use a lead apron for MRI as it is not using ionising radiation. However, she might need to be fitted with abdominal RF coils for the procedure. Lead aprons are not used for CT either. Actually, an apron would increase the radiation dose to the patient as the equipment would need to increase the dose to compensate for the thickness of the apron. The rule of thumb is that we never use an apron over an organ that we want to image but use an apron to protect organs that may get scatter radiation. This is why we put an apron on the lower abdomen when we do a chest X-ray.

Situation Type Deal Gorl

Fuck your feelings, nancypants
kiwifarms.net
Why did Amber not get imaged? 3 possible reasons.

1. She did not fit the equipment. (most likely)

2. She cannot lie flat on her back and still for 45-60 minutes. (another possibility)

3. She is too heavy for the table. (again, another possibility)

All of them, Katie. She'd suffocate at this point if she had to lie flat (and still) for that long. Her respiration and lung strength are shit because she does nothing about them.

It would boggle my mind if she did not enroll in ACA after her year of hell.

You know if she had, she would have filmed something in SmugCuntyLynn mode during vlogmas, snootily informing us that she got herself a real insurance plan, because she "knows how impor-tan having access to healthcare without bankrupteen yourself is, guize."

Diet Coke 4 Life

When I peek, it is in the line of duty.
kiwifarms.net
You know if she had, she would have filmed something in SmugCuntyLynn mode during vlogmas, snootily informing us that she got herself a real insurance plan, because she "knows how impor-tan having access to healthcare without bankrupteen yourself is, guize."
Meh, her uterus was yeeted, so it can't become cancerous again. And it's only norovirus every year like clockwork. She knows what works for her, boo boo. Why bother with insurance when she can spend that on Grub Hub instead? She's healthy, just big!

The Queen of Autists

kiwifarms.net
Hambo is actually bigger than most measuring tapes.
Imagine the awkwardness for the professional.

The 500lbs table limit is for people like this guy, not gluttonous Beasts like Hambo.
This is true somebody I don't know is 200 or more pounds less than her and the measuring tape can't fit around her hips. It does, but it uses the portion of the tape without any numbers on it at the end. So the measurement can't be properly done.

sperginity

Why hasn't @contrapoints contacted me yet?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I know this is probably so obvious it doesn't require confirming, but... she hasn't complained about UTIs since her hysterectomy. When she went to the doctor and urgent care all those times for a UTI, was UTI code for clotty period hole?
possibly. Having a bunch of old blood in the area might have irritated her urethera mechanically, making it hurt to pee without causing any infection. We know she does not use tampons or cups so blood just goes everywhere. Blood and white blood cells in urine + painful urination is usually enough to get a UTI diagnosis while presenting at a clinic or hospital. If she tested positive for nitrite (a really awful smelling by product of severe UTI) then it wasn't just clotty period hole, but the majority of urine samples from people with legit UTIs don't test positive for that. If she had a fever it is reasonable to assume a UTI when combined with painful urination. The definitive test is a urine culture, which takes days to get results back, and on patients like amber it is very hard to get a sample that isn't contaminated with other stuff from the surrounding areas. Many cultures have worthless results because of contamination, the culture gets overgrown with too many types of bacteria to make a meaningful determination. Nurses sometimes will ask to use a catheter solely to obtain a urine sample on patients who cannot get a clean catch sample, but most people turn that down because it is uncomfortable. It isn't wise to wait days for the microbiology results to come back so patients are given courses of antibiotics and medicine that will make urination less painful and less urgent.

Silver Surfer

kiwifarms.net
sorry y’all a little late to the blood results party but as has been stated before, it is impossible for her to not be diabetic. Diabetes is a state of insulin insensitivity caused in part due to chronic increased blood sugar levels. There is no way someone can be eating the way she does for as long as she has without developing diabetes. I don’t understand why she lies about this.
most likely scenario is that she is half assedly taking metformin without monitoring her blood sugar levels in any way. I can’t imagine her injecting herself with insulin. Also tons of death fats with diabetes don’t take proper care of themselves because the beetus is like high blood pressure or high cholesterol - you take care of it in the present so it doesn’t snowball 5-10 years down the line. And if there is one thing she’s garbage at, it’s thinking about her future health.

Turd Fergusson

kiwifarms.net
sorry y’all a little late to the blood results party but as has been stated before, it is impossible for her to not be diabetic. Diabetes is a state of insulin insensitivity caused in part due to chronic increased blood sugar levels. There is no way someone can be eating the way she does for as long as she has without developing diabetes. I don’t understand why she lies about this.
most likely scenario is that she is half assedly taking metformin without monitoring her blood sugar levels in any way. I can’t imagine her injecting herself with insulin. Also tons of death fats with diabetes don’t take proper care of themselves because the beetus is like high blood pressure or high cholesterol - you take care of it in the present so it doesn’t snowball 5-10 years down the line. And if there is one thing she’s garbage at, it’s thinking about her future health.
I think you are right. Amber still thinks that she is "big but healthy". I think that she is so deluded that she thinks that her sleep apnea, lymphedema, diabetes or high blood pressure do not exist, or are not that important even if you show her evidence of it. Instead, she persists in treating non-existent mental states, or innocuous physical ones like her twitching eye.

funtimesrun56

kiwifarms.net
In her recent live she mentioned she had once again been to the emergency room. As we all saw the un-blacked-out texts to her mom I'm guessing the cellulitis has not gone away. I was watching an old 600lb life with penny who's infection kept moving to different lymphedema blobs(?)which took her months to clear up and she had a nurse coming in. I wonder if this is the year she tells us the story of being driven by ambulance because her leg is rotting from infection.

Henry Wentworth Akeley

I'm not sure what I want but this ain't it
kiwifarms.net
An ultrasound or Doppler is all they’d need to get an idea of that. I doubt she can have any real scans at this point anyway, so docs are going to do a differential with just blood tests. She can afford it.
I have no idea how they could run any sort of medical scans on somebody that big. I recently had a CT and MRI and at a normal height/weight I felt that the MRI especially was very cramped. Somebody her size would have.not physically fit into the machine, not even close.

Turd Fergusson

kiwifarms.net
I have no idea how they could run any sort of medical scans on somebody that big. I recently had a CT and MRI and at a normal height/weight I felt that the MRI especially was very cramped. Somebody her size would have.not physically fit into the machine, not even close.
She had a CT before but she is bigger by more than 50 pounds now, so I am not sure anymore. With MRI, I think the problem is that she would need to lie flat without moving for 45-60 minutes. She can’t do that.

Last edited: