Official Space Station 13 Server -

KonradCruise

Made with twitter-resistant material
kiwifarms.net
Basically they removed two of the four intents in order to make it more "combat focused". As you can imagine this wasn't taken well and the change itself sucks, but the mods want to insist that this is a good change and refuse to listen to people who say otherwise.
Oranges ardently believes in MUH VISION as do the rest of the higher coderbus and anything in the coming design document aka the "holy book of MUH VISION" is going to be waved through.
note that all of the tg servers were almost constantly packed until late burgertime and now during a weekend I see 40 people on sybil and like 15 on bagil. The absolute state.

I actually just got instantly OOC muted for saying the "islamic caliphate of britain" in ooc on fucking bagil of all places, niggers name was Coffeedragon16 I bet he does youtube skeptic videos with a name like that

Last edited:

Large

kiwifarms.net
Basically they removed two of the four intents in order to make it more "combat focused". As you can imagine this wasn't taken well and the change itself sucks, but the mods want to insist that this is a good change and refuse to listen to people who say otherwise.
No, that wasn't the actual official reason. The official reasons are: 1) Code cleanup 2) Improving controls 3) More design opportunities.
Personally at first I didn't like it because I liked the old intent system, but now they're apparently going to use the new alt-attack thing to add stabbing so overall I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

Also the code isn't controlled by the jannies on tg, they have a separate coder autismocracy controlled by a one-man deep state known as "oranges".

I actually just got instantly OOC muted for saying the "islamic caliphate of britain" in ooc on fucking bagil of all places, niggers name was Coffeedragon16 I bet he does youtube skeptic videos with a name like that
Coffeedragon16 is a troon, and probably a britfag, whose success at maintaining admin status baffles a large part of the community. He probably lives in an eternal state of mental anguish caused by his inability to ban his fellow jannies for "misgendering".

Last edited:

Antipathy

Extreme Repugnance
kiwifarms.net
What I bet happened was
1: Tranny janny got robusted by someone with shove intent, probably while defending metafriends
2: Tranny janny cried and bitched to other tranny jannies
3: Tranny jannies decided to remove another thing that wasn't a content gate or weak as shit.
4: Security probably will get nerfed again when tranny janny gets bashed by a secoff now that Disarm isn't robust enough to handle most redshirts.

Last edited:

Large

kiwifarms.net
What I bet happened was
1: Tranny janny got robusted by someone with shove intent, probably while defending metafriends
2: Tranny janny cried and bitched to other tranny jannies
3: Tranny jannies decided to remove another thing that wasn't a content gate or weak as shit object.
4: Security probably will get nerfed again when tranny janny gets bashed by a secoff now that Disarm isn't robust enough to handle most redshirts.
The combat mode PR effectively buffed disarm combat.

Large

kiwifarms.net
How strong is disarm now due to that?
Before without macros (which are forbidden), disarming took one keyboard key press per sequence of disarms and one LMB press per disarm action, plus optionally one keyboard key press to stop disarming.
Now disarming takes one RMB press.

Therefore, inputting a shove is faster and inputting a sequence of combat moves that includes a shove is also faster.

Antipathy

Extreme Repugnance
kiwifarms.net
And shoves were fucking strong if you got someone against a wall or table. They'd drop their weapon and be stunned for a moment. Usually I would fight with one hand empty and another with a weapon. I'd shove with the empty, press 'x' to swap the moment they hit the ground, and get three or four good hits in before the target could get up, since hitting with a weapon on Disarm intent still hits as if on Harm. Then I'd swap back to the empty hand and repeat.

KonradCruise

Made with twitter-resistant material
kiwifarms.net
How strong is disarm now due to that?
Ive hated the ebin shove-stun meta since the day it began. RNG push was far better than ARE YOU AGAINST A WALL? YOU LOSE INSTANTLY. combat.
Typical of the trannybus to wage the "war on stuns" and then make every single fight end in endless stun shove or worse, baseball bat endless wall stun. there is zero reason to not have a baseball bat as a tider 24/7 and now they have given shotgun shells and slugs HRT, the only thing they have counterbalanced this with in secs favor is that they just testmerged HITSCAN LASERS (including disablers and emitters) which is just as broken as you think.
Its all fucked.

Neo-Holstien

I'm gonna skooooooom
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ive hated the ebin shove-stun meta since the day it began. RNG push was far better than ARE YOU AGAINST A WALL? YOU LOSE INSTANTLY. combat.
Typical of the trannybus to wage the "war on stuns" and then make every single fight end in endless stun shove or worse, baseball bat endless wall stun. there is zero reason to not have a baseball bat as a tider 24/7 and now they have given shotgun shells and slugs HRT, the only thing they have counterbalanced this with in secs favor is that they just testmerged HITSCAN LASERS (including disablers and emitters) which is just as broken as you think.
Its all fucked.
dude did they make lasers auto hits, thats fucking gay, nigga's can't shoot straight.

Large

kiwifarms.net
dude did they make lasers auto hits, thats fucking gay, nigga's can't shoot straight.
Everything except emitters is a testmerge - the codebase didn't recieve the change, but the servers compile with that change.
Officially it's an experiment (a). In reality it's the coders taking a massive shit on the playerbase because "hitscan disablers" suggestions/shitposting gave them collective diarrhea.

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
Everything except emitters is a testmerge - the codebase didn't recieve the change, but the servers compile with that change.
Officially it's an experiment (a). In reality it's the coders taking a massive shit on the playerbase because "hitscan disablers" suggestions/shitposting gave them collective diarrhea.
What's their excuse for the station tram? It's self-antag by coders.

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
Mostly "bring back metal death trap" AFAIK.
To be fair, it is pretty funny to push unrobust sec officers into tram and have them instantly gibbed. But also it's the most autistic way to increase danger on the station since everything else is babyfied now.

Fuck Taxes

kiwifarms.net
I think I'd rather play goon than fucking TG at this point.

HippieCrackUser

kiwifarms.net
Goon is way worse.
goonstation as a game and as a code is fucking amazing, people joke about goon code like it's shit, but goon station feels and plays to me exactly like ss13 should, not to mention the players are usually more interactive then on other servers like Fulp and TG where the game has been so watered down that its just literal jobby mini game hell, where the only escape is through a random cat girl assistant to deck you in the back of the head.

Goonstation's problems lie in the admins. The coders are actually alright, as the new stuff that gets added is always fun and adds to the overall game, instead of just removing shit which TG does. The admins themselves are also hyper sensitive trannies, who will ban you for the most bullshit reasons because you got on their bad side. They all can be found on the discord, which icon is the trans flag. They give horribly long ban times as standard punishment, to anyone who doesn't fit their idea for how a player should act. They overuse rule 0, to the point where they don't need other rules, because anyone really getting banned just triggered the admins. I got banned non stop because this one admin, Flourish, would always be bwoinking me for literally nothing, like he would just hover over me 24/7 and when I would accidentally say a naughty word or act rude to someone (even for rp purposes) he would immediately ask me why I did what I just did, and usually he would accuse me to lying to him and threaten making the ban longer.

literalnobody

kiwifarms.net
Here's a list of servers that can at least be tolerable

TGMC: Somewhat fun marine vs xenomorph server, however there are many shitter admins, no gamer words, somewhat gay RP standards, and , most of the players are fucking garbage. (still better than CM)
Goonstation: A very different take on the usual space theme that kiwi had, but the community and admins are incredibly fucking annoying with the same restriction on gamer words. I'd reccomend their "LRP" server and just do your best to ignore everyone else while trying to have fun with some of their mechanics
Lebenstraum/Civ13 TDM: Completely different from the space theme, you partake in various battles across war and it's usually just a simple 'murder the other team' lebenstraum isn't really an official thing, so it's rarely hosted and it's the same gig with civ TDM. The only catch is that it just isn't for everyone, and the admins on civ13 are your stereotypical discord janny that ban you for insulting them, but you can just mute OOC.
VGStation: Apart from the space theme, it is very different compared to TG and Goon, but their community aren't shitters and admins are tolerable. It's abit janky and they have "RP standards" but it's decent.
Beestation: Are you great at ignoring drooling retards? do you not mind frothing retard admins? well, maybe you can try bee. It is pretty much the closest server to old TG (when it was actually good) but it is still VERY CHANGED and they allow furfags and literally mute certain words.
Crashpoint13: You've ever heard of Desert Rose? the shithole "fallout" server with "high roleplay" and constant gay sex? Well, Crashpoint is that, but much, much better. The community is actually enjoyable to be around and the staff are great, including the host. However, it is a fallout HRP server. If you do want to play it then get ready to atleast TRY to act like you are in the fallout universe.

To sum it all up, here's a tierlist of the notable servers.
A: VGStation, Crashpoint (only if you are a massive RP autist like me)
B: Goonstation
C: Civ13 TDM, TGMC
D:Beestation, Aurora
E Colonial Marines, Fulpstation, TG, Civ13
F: Paradise, Skyrat, Yogstation, Citadel
Desert Rose: Desert Rose

servers not mentioned are russain/gated/barely have any players

Fuck Taxes

kiwifarms.net
goonstation as a game and as a code is fucking amazing, people joke about goon code like it's shit, but goon station feels and plays to me exactly like ss13 should, not to mention the players are usually more interactive then on other servers like Fulp and TG where the game has been so watered down that its just literal jobby mini game hell, where the only escape is through a random cat girl assistant to deck you in the back of the head.
So basically, goon code is evolving, and /tg/code is evolving backwards.

Large

kiwifarms.net
Lemme guess
You main chem?