Official Space Station 13 Server -

Gravemind

A monument to all your sins
kiwifarms.net
Welcome to 90% of antags on most servers, unless there are enforced rules against gay shit like ebow/esword combo you'll get shitters who just want to kill mans and not to anything overly fun.
Pretty much exactly why I asked. I'm intimately familiar with the shitter antag MO. Was just curious to know if that same boring shittery had found its way onto Kiwi at this point.

Millhouse Nancy Metz

*tips fedora euphorically*
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pretty much exactly why I asked. I'm intimately familiar with the shitter antag MO. Was just curious to know if that same boring shittery had found its way onto Kiwi at this point.
my one round of antag was a shitshow (ice box), the clown i was supposed to kill broke into the captains quarters and let me steal the hard suit and the laser rifle. i then tried to use a fuel tank to blow up the solar panels outside, i was in the hard suit so i was fine, but the explosion did not have any effect on the stations power. so then i found the clown and simply gunned him down and told the sec literally "it's nothing personal kid" and he let me go after murdering a clown. i had no idea what the thing i was supposed to steal even was and all the other antags got murked. weird round, hope I am more interesting on subsequent runs.

Gravemind

kiwifarms.net
i then tried to use a fuel tank to blow up the solar panels outside, i was in the hard suit so i was fine, but the explosion did not have any effect on the stations power.
Power sink or just run around maintenance cutting wires. Usually rats will eventually chew into them and kill themselves breaking them if you leave them alone long enough.

Be sure to reference this the next time you're given a Grand Theft objective so you know what you need and where to get it.

• Informative
Reactions: Polyboros2

Large

kiwifarms.net
my one round of antag was a shitshow (ice box), the clown i was supposed to kill broke into the captains quarters and let me steal the hard suit and the laser rifle. i then tried to use a fuel tank to blow up the solar panels outside, i was in the hard suit so i was fine, but the explosion did not have any effect on the stations power. so then i found the clown and simply gunned him down and told the sec literally "it's nothing personal kid" and he let me go after murdering a clown. i had no idea what the thing i was supposed to steal even was and all the other antags got murked. weird round, hope I am more interesting on subsequent runs.
There are multiple solar panels and the main source of power for the station is the supermatter engine.

A-Z0-9

kiwifarms.net
A few rounds ago, some random faggot (Who's name contained elipses and a "lol") joined as a detective and immediatly started to murderbone poeple - but wasn't very good at it.

He started at medical where he gunned down several med staff using his revolver. Now, the genius took the gun earlier but did not take the extra ammo with it, causing him to ditch the gun quickly. He proceeded to take a circular saw and murdered a guy in crit with it, screaming something about "blm" and "antifa" and took off to the hallways.

He quickly ran into a QM and a assistant and attempted to murder them using the saw. This was stupid. If you don't know, det starts with a tonfa that has an instant knockdown when you hit guys with it. He never bothered to use it. Once.

Alas, the QM also wasn't very robust and got killed by the det. The assistant was still running around the det trying to shove him, but when the QM went down the little assistant ran.

When the QM was sawed into bloody piece of meat the det tried to escape but could not. During the fighting, the group moved into the cargo department, behind a ID locked door. So the det was essentially trapped. The det broke through a normal window, going deeper into cargo and went to the mining wing, trying to saw open a door.

This is when the assistant returned, a live improv shock baton clenched tightly in his hands.

The assistant wrenched and removed a ORM machine blocking his entry and entered deeper into cargo through the broken window, and cornered the det. The det immediatly tried to saw the assistant in the chest, getting in only two strikes before the stun from the baton sets in and leaves the det a curled prone figure on the floor.

The assistant alternated between stun baton strikes and hatchet strikes (something I assume he got too) and eventually killed the det. Whilst getting killed, the det screamed, "I'm Innocent!" alongside the phrases "BLM" and "Antifa". His final words were "W-w-w-why?".

The corpse was then delimbed and decapitated before being ejected out into space.

I fucking love this server.

Edit #1: Some spelling errors fixed

Erischan

Ewige Blumenkraft
kiwifarms.net
Power sink
Pro tip: Find a sneaky place where you can tear down a wall in maintenance and run a wire outside the hull, put your power sink there, then rebuild the wall and cover the wiring leading into the wall with a floor panel or something. People will easily find your power sink if you're not sneaky with it, but if you can hide it it is extremely strong.

2020Suicide

Its an existential Horror
kiwifarms.net
not to be mean but this game just feels like space job simulator. people pull hijinks on each other a little bit but overall it just seems ike people working a pretend job. I really don't understand the appeal of it all. maybe its because i've had workplaces with people pulling pranks and doing shit to each other but mainly working before. but this doesn't seem like it should be fun.Whats the appeal

Large

kiwifarms.net
not to be mean but this game just feels like space job simulator. people pull hijinks on each other a little bit but overall it just seems ike people working a pretend job. I really don't understand the appeal of it all. maybe its because i've had workplaces with people pulling pranks and doing shit to each other but mainly working before. but this doesn't seem like it should be fun.Whats the appeal
Did you play cargo, chef or chemist?

A-Z0-9

kiwifarms.net
The dynamic gameplay. If you have ever played linear games before, no matter how immersed you are in the setting of the game it was all scripted and planned out in advance. There are arguments to be made for scripted linear games but one of the downsides of this system is that your experience would probably not differ too much from the next player. If we take, for example, system shock 1, the how and why of the Citadel Station was already set in stone. Regardless of how the player travels along the story, you WILL have to activate the self-destruct, you WILL have to destroy Shodan, and nothing you did before-hand will change these facts, even if you as the player knows better.

In Space station 13, how the round progesses and what happens depends entirely on the player's decisions. Yes, there are scripted random events that can happen, but as I just wrote down, are random. They ultimately don't decide how the players should react. The players are left to themselves to create a unique experience for each and every member of the station. If you are standing in a darkened hallway in Space Station 13, lights flickering ahead and slowly walking down the hall, seeing bloodied corpses adorning the floors and a inhuman scream echoing throughout the metal walls, this experience is entirely your own. And this all happened due to some players action or inaction. The corpses you see? They are not pre-scripted corpses placed for decoration. Those are actual players that succumbed to death or something worse.

TL;DR: The appeal of this game is the dynamic and emergent gameplay that can only result from a collection of players contributing to a experience that will be near-impossible to recreate.

Erischan

Ewige Blumenkraft
kiwifarms.net
Untitled.png

Johan Schmidt

kiwifarms.net
Probably the emergent gameplay as someone already said.

An example I had a few days back was that I was a genetics blood brother; I gave myself cryokinesis, and web laying so I could make a nest in science and lure people in to murder. As a result of this a security guard came in with a flamer and started husking the webs I'd made, this then triggered the xenobio guy and me who started reee'ing at him. I stole some stuff from xeno when the nerd there opened the door, and started to spawn giant mutant spiders in my lair with the stuff I'd stolen. As I was making my plans the genetics nerds had created sentient giant carp to hunt me down for my crimes.

The result of this was an outbreak of giant spiders and sentient carp eating each other while I got passed around like a mixed race stepchild.

Also the appeal might be autism.

Johan Schmidt

kiwifarms.net
I actually really like pretending to do a job. Stamping paperwork as QM makes my autism nerves tingle.
I remember playing security once, and offered for people to fill out paperwork instead of their sentence. One man foolishly agreed.

I took him to every department head, made him hand in a written deposition to each of them, they then had to stamp it; we then came back to the brig, where he filled out his name, his job, his version of events, then we got the guy he punched in, he filled in his version of the events via radio and I added it to the form, we took pictures of the criminal in various profiles. We took down a recorded interview and added the transcript to his file (he had a manual file now), then photocopied each piece of information to a secondary file for redundancy.

Shit was fun. No one has ever taken me up on the offer since then oddly.

Gravemind

kiwifarms.net
I remember playing security once, and offered for people to fill out paperwork instead of their sentence. One man foolishly agreed.

I took him to every department head, made him hand in a written deposition to each of them, they then had to stamp it; we then came back to the brig, where he filled out his name, his job, his version of events, then we got the guy he punched in, he filled in his version of the events via radio and I added it to the form, we took pictures of the criminal in various profiles. We took down a recorded interview and added the transcript to his file (he had a manual file now), then photocopied each piece of information to a secondary file for redundancy.

Shit was fun. No one has ever taken me up on the offer since then oddly.
I think I'm more amazed that you got any one player to play along with your gimmick, let alone whole ass department heads and another guy who was involved in said player's antics.

Is this what HRP looks like?

Johan Schmidt

kiwifarms.net
I think I'm more amazed that you got any one player to play along with your gimmick, let alone whole ass department heads and another guy who was involved in said player's antics.

Is this what HRP looks like?
It was on tg station. Honestly beautiful. Most people just take the prison time, or kill themselves. One guy Ahelped once; that shit was golden. He sat there in silence while I did some paperwork and got my recorder out and then I got a 'hey, got a minute?'. Explained what I was doing and then the guy just ghosted. Apparently the admeme didn't see it as abuse of my sec powers when I was asking him questions IC as a security officer.

Tags
None