Official Space Station 13 Server -

Yato

kiwifarms.net
Ass.PNG

Why does this exist

BucolicVisage

me getting de pum pum, in jamaica
kiwifarms.net
>be me, trying out botanist because it seems like fun and I want to learn some stuff
>just me and another guy that both don't really know how to play too well
>chef comes in and asks us to grow tomatoes, yeah yeah sure
>oh well, if I can't learn anything maybe I can at least grow some weed
>decide I'm going to take a second to go and get some stuff to hack the vending machine
>say I'll be right back and head to engineering
>long story short I fail horribly, end up needing the AI to save me and am stuck in a shaft for at least 5 minutes
>come back to botany bruised and beaten, only to see the vending machine has already been hacked
>a third botanist joined
>veteran botany player in the house, ohshit
>there's death nettle and omegaweed already, like 15 minutes into the round
>chef comes back, still no tomatoes
>yeah whatever man, we'll get to it
>veteran botanist has finished his masterwork: a replica pod
>tells us to harvest the pod after he dies and gets to work bashing himself with a wrench
>while he's bashing himself with it, the replica pod turns yellow
>ohno
>he dies and i have no idea what to do
>beginner botany friend seems equally clueless
>click replica pod anyways
>it dies and disappears
>fuckfuckfuckfuck
>have no idea what to do, vending machine power is out for some reason so i cant even buy more replica pod seeds
>decide we need this guy to help us out
>hoist his lifeless body on my shoulder and run down to robotics
>"hey man i really need to talk to this dead guy"
>he says ok, as long as i covertly dispose of this random assistant's body he had laying in his lab
>i'lldowhatigottado
>come back and a miracle has occured
>veteran botanist is back as a brain in a jar
>robotics coming in with the clutch hell yeah
>”Why am I a brain? Did I make a mistake with the replica pod?”
>”y-yeah, something like that”
>wheel him out to the hallway, start going back up to botany
>"hey man, can you go get my body first"
>alright
>run back into robotics, come back out with the body
>no brain in sight
>oh fuck
>look up and down the station for him
>just as im heading back into botany i hear a voice coming from the kitchen
>"help!!"
>CODE RED: HE HAS THE BRAIN
>the chef has had enough of no tomatoes and he's pissed
>intent on turning our only chance to learn any botany into meatballs
>"No tomatoes, no brain"
>chase him around the whole station for a good 10 minutes
>he tries to microwave, disposal chute, and deep fry the brain
>get beaten down by security because they think I'm a traitor for chasing the chef
>finally escape and catch up with him
>"Do you have tomatoes yet?"
>he's standing at the airlock
>...
>"I keep my promises"
>throws himself out into deep space with the brain
and that's how i didn’t really learn any botany, but definitely learned not to fuck with a chef’s tomatoes.

bonus:

whoa.png

Last edited:

Wingus Dongshire

kiwifarms.net
I might give this a try. Been playing SS13 since 2009. First on Goonstation until 2011, then on /tg/ until as of late. /tg/ has become awfully shit in the past few years taking away more fun stuff and replacing it with baystation tier garbage along with a change in staff and coderbase (see:trannies)
The funny part is that, unlike /tg/ coders, bay coders actually play the game and know how to test their code. If memory serves, the fancy web interfaces on most of the computers now are adopted baycode. So are the modular consoles.

This may be a really dumb question , but is there any way to adjust any display settings to help increase my FPS? It could also just be lag since my ping is hovering at around 300 right now. Any chance it'll get better with a better ping or am I doomed to choppiness?
Dunno if it's any similar for you, but sometimes when SS13 gets choppy I reload my GPU drivers (win + ctrl + shift + b on windows 10) and it vastly improves. But I have an ATI card so that might just be the standard tier of AMD driver stability.

Nuns with guns

Wife, Momala, Auntie. She/her.
kiwifarms.net
Round 214 was a two hour and a half epic full of mayhem and, at times, prosper. Here's a pic we snuck before things got even crazier for med: pictured are a greyshirt learning the ropes of medicine, Dr. Tradwife (best CMO of kiwi), moi and Reimi, that was forcedfully borged near the beginning.

unknown.png

TurdFondler

kiwifarms.net
>be atmo
>setting up supermatter, about to activate cooling loop
>activate emitters, crystal is unstable because no cooling yet
>go to activate pumps
>clown runs into engineering and throws himself into crystal
>crystal destabilizing, radiation everywhere
>security and a paramedic follow, fight inside crystal chamber
>both die, but their bodies jam the door open
>pumps completely fucked because of radiation
>delam countdown
>fucking leave, seal off eng doors

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
Those TV-head guys are kinda cool. Having a race that has to go to the roboticist for healing instead of the medbay is interesting for gameplay.
Those are called IPCs and I don't know how I feel about them. I think they're cool, but medbay is an important part of the station and depriving them of that in favor of a much, much more simple repair system seems like it's removing content from the game for people who play medbay. IPCs also do not eat or drink, which makes service less useful, and in the original commits to BeeStation they also were space immune - which makes sense, so when they nerfed IPCs to dent in low pressure environments, it made playing them feel stupid. The only real downside to IPCs is they are supposedly more brittle than most races but in few situations does that actually matter.

I look at them and I do not see a way to balance them. Borgs are balanced because while they are space immune, fire immune, easy to repair, can repair themselves, and have all access - they are also necessarily slaves to a higher powers and have intense gameplay restrictions.

Eris!

Ewige Schlangenkraft
kiwifarms.net
My fusion reaction is 100 million orders of magnitude hotter than the sun. Entering the control room for a second makes me so irradiated that just walking down a hallway with my radsuit on makes the hallway more radioactive than the supermatter core during delamination. I am outputting a MW of raw power. No big deal.

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
My fusion reaction is 100 million orders of magnitude hotter than the sun. Entering the control room for a second makes me so irradiated that just walking down a hallway with my radsuit on makes the hallway more radioactive than the supermatter core during delamination. I am outputting a MW of raw power. No big deal.
Atmospherics Rising.

birdsleet

kiwifarms.net
if your game is choppy, go to one of the settings tabs in the character creation menu, i forgot which one, and set your FPS to 60. i have no idea why the default on most servers is some absurdly low number like 20. it's insane.

Dyn

woman respecter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Diplomacy Rounds - No game mechanics added except that occasionally a round will be announced as a 'Diplomacy Round' and it's okay for the department heads to declare independence from the station, trade, blackmail, barter and declare wars on the captain or other independent departments. War enemies are always valid so long as the war's been declared by a department head over stationwide intercom. Head of Security can declare for any faction but can't start their own wars (to prevent them spess genociding the entire station every time it happens)

catpin

Being nice only will last for a while
kiwifarms.net
I want the aux mining base to be more usefull.
My idea is that it can be used to set up drills that will atrract monsters from lavaland which players will need to defend by using turrets and KA's.
The drill needs to be constantly cooled or else it will overheat and pause for a couple minutes and can be upgraded by engineering to increase speed, ore capacity, cooling and armor.
The drill has low HP and when destroyed will create a chasm where it used to be.
Cargo can order mining drill kits to quickly build another one tho.

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
I want the aux mining base to be more usefull.
My idea is that it can be used to set up drills that will atrract monsters from lavaland which players will need to defend by using turrets and KA's.
The drill needs to be constantly cooled or else it will overheat and pause for a couple minutes and can be upgraded by engineering to increase speed, ore capacity, cooling and armor.
The drill has low HP and when destroyed will create a chasm where it used to be.
Cargo can order mining drill kits to quickly build another one tho.
Aux mining base used to be incredibly useful for gas mining for profit, or for getting fart gas (miasma) or BZ and flooding the station for memes. A "gas transporter" device that teleports gas cans up to a linked receiver would be neat for that, if lavaland still has a random atmosphere.