Official Space Station 13 Server -

Erischan

Ewige Blumenkraft
kiwifarms.net
I remember playing security once, and offered for people to fill out paperwork instead of their sentence. One man foolishly agreed.

I took him to every department head, made him hand in a written deposition to each of them, they then had to stamp it; we then came back to the brig, where he filled out his name, his job, his version of events, then we got the guy he punched in, he filled in his version of the events via radio and I added it to the form, we took pictures of the criminal in various profiles. We took down a recorded interview and added the transcript to his file (he had a manual file now), then photocopied each piece of information to a secondary file for redundancy.

Shit was fun. No one has ever taken me up on the offer since then oddly.
What if we literally removed brig cells (but kept the permabrig for extreme cases) and just replaced it with a processing/interview room where you have to deal with bureaucracy for like five minutes. Anyone can go AFK when they're in the brig, but making people put up with the space DMV is true punishment.

TurdFondler

kiwifarms.net
The part that gets me about this game is the incredible autism with regards to interactions. You can create, alter, modify or destroy huge amounts of stuff. Nothing is really off limits. A lot of the fun is figuring out how to be good at a role so that you can either thwart the antags by undoing what they've done or breaking stuff so subtly no one notices until it's too late. Plus the player interactions, yeah it's possible to hack into doors or take things apart or blow things up but when you're caught you better have a viable excuse.

Large

kiwifarms.net
It was on tg station. Honestly beautiful. Most people just take the prison time, or kill themselves. One guy Ahelped once; that shit was golden. He sat there in silence while I did some paperwork and got my recorder out and then I got a 'hey, got a minute?'. Explained what I was doing and then the guy just ghosted. Apparently the admeme didn't see it as abuse of my sec powers when I was asking him questions IC as a security officer.
I once had a situation where a guy was screaming about reporting the warden to the admins (yes, this was in IC chat) because he arrested him for assult of an officer. His justification was that the warden was eating dough in the kitchen.

Edit: Forgot to explicitly state that this too was on tg.

Last edited:

Null

kiwifarms.net
1605820315003.png

He eventually decapitated himself
1605820876639.png

so I made him Bubblegum
1605820902749.png

Last edited:

Millhouse Nancy Metz

*tips fedora euphorically*
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember playing security once, and offered for people to fill out paperwork instead of their sentence. One man foolishly agreed.

I took him to every department head, made him hand in a written deposition to each of them, they then had to stamp it; we then came back to the brig, where he filled out his name, his job, his version of events, then we got the guy he punched in, he filled in his version of the events via radio and I added it to the form, we took pictures of the criminal in various profiles. We took down a recorded interview and added the transcript to his file (he had a manual file now), then photocopied each piece of information to a secondary file for redundancy.

Shit was fun. No one has ever taken me up on the offer since then oddly.
lets make this sec policy

Dyn

woman respecter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Okay how the hell do I make a conventional chemical bomb?

- The 'pipe frame' the wiki suggests for making pipebombs doesn't seem to exist on our codebase
- A beaker of gunpowder in a grenade casing does nothing
- A beaker of gunpowder preheated to just under ignition does nothing
- A beaker of gunpowder and a second beaker of pyrophoric (Ch3F) makes a weak Ch3F firebomb and the gunpowder doesn't react
- Attaching an igniter to the grenade changes nothing
- Making an ignition-timer assembly set to 1 second repeating will not attach to the grenade or to a beaker
- Gunpowder preheated to just under ignition and a second beaker of superheated chemicals does cause a red 'the gunpowder sparks' message but then does nothing
- The constituent chemicals of gunpowder split into two beakers and heated above the ignition point causes a red 'the gunpowder sparks' message but then does nothing
- Hitting a preheated beaker of gunpowder with the igniter turns me into a red mist of giblets still in the lab

All the guides are focused around making those thermobaric oxygen-plasma bombs in toxins. How on earth do I make a conventional bomb out of gunpowder, nitro, RDX or TaTP?

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
Okay how the hell do I make a conventional chemical bomb?

- The 'pipe frame' the wiki suggests for making pipebombs doesn't seem to exist on our codebase
- A beaker of gunpowder in a grenade casing does nothing
- A beaker of gunpowder preheated to just under ignition does nothing
- A beaker of gunpowder and a second beaker of pyrophoric (Ch3F) makes a weak Ch3F firebomb and the gunpowder doesn't react
- Attaching an igniter to the grenade changes nothing
- Making an ignition-timer assembly set to 1 second repeating will not attach to the grenade or to a beaker
- Gunpowder preheated to just under ignition and a second beaker of superheated chemicals does cause a red 'the gunpowder sparks' message but then does nothing
- The constituent chemicals of gunpowder split into two beakers and heated above the ignition point causes a red 'the gunpowder sparks' message but then does nothing
- Hitting a preheated beaker of gunpowder with the igniter turns me into a red mist of giblets still in the lab

All the guides are focused around making those thermobaric oxygen-plasma bombs in toxins. How on earth do I make a conventional bomb out of gunpowder, nitro, RDX or TaTP?
I believe if you attach a wire to a grenade casing it will allow it to be triggered in-hand. Try following this guide: https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Grenade

If it doesn't work anymore then I dunno. They probably fucked something up.

Dyn

woman respecter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I believe if you attach a wire to a grenade casing it will allow it to be triggered in-hand. Try following this guide: https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Grenade

If it doesn't work anymore then I dunno. They probably fucked something up.
Yes, all the grenades I made were wired up properly. It works fine for firebombs, poison gas, acid foam, potassium-water explosions.

There just doesn't seem to be any way to detonate explosives.

Shaka Brah

kiwifarms.net
Yes, all the grenades I made were wired up properly. It works fine for firebombs, poison gas, acid foam, potassium-water explosions.

There just doesn't seem to be any way to detonate explosives.
Wiki says detonation of black powder is delayed 5-10 seconds after heating to ignition temp. What you might try to do for safety is to have the reagents separated and heat one to waaaaay over temp, and the other to a moderate temp. Then combined they'll basically average out and explode.

Dyn

woman respecter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wiki says detonation of black powder is delayed 5-10 seconds after heating to ignition temp. What you might try to do for safety is to have the reagents separated and heat one to waaaaay over temp, and the other to a moderate temp. Then combined they'll basically average out and explode.
Tried that, both with seperated superheated regeants that mix into gunpowder on detonation, and preheated gunpowder with superheated inert chems in the second beaker to push the average way over 474k. Both ways trigger the gunpowder sparking, which gives a red warning text and should explode several seconds later if it was still in a beaker, except that it no longer seems to exist in-game by then when it comes from a chemical grenade.

Shaka Brah

kiwifarms.net
Tried that, both with seperated superheated regeants that mix into gunpowder on detonation, and preheated gunpowder with superheated inert chems in the second beaker to push the average way over 474k. Both ways trigger the gunpowder sparking, which gives a red warning text and should explode several seconds later if it was still in a beaker, except that it no longer seems to exist in-game by then when it comes from a chemical grenade.
Man that's weird. Something must have gotten changed in how the chemical works, or how grenades handle internal chems. I'll try and test it out myself at some point to see what's up.

Dyn

woman respecter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Man that's weird. Something must have gotten changed in how the chemical works, or how grenades handle internal chems. I'll try and test it out myself at some point to see what's up.
The only other things I can think of to try later are adding a water-potassium reaction to try and detonate the payload, or adding a smoking agent alongside Ch3F or superheated inert chems to keep the gunpowder 'in game' long enough to pass ignition temp. Another alternative might be to make, say, RDX and then leach the stabilizing agent away in a reaction but the only suitable reaction for that requires a temperature of >200k.

Overall I'm starting to think the code is fucked, because even if I'm doing it wrong it shouldn't be this complicated.

• Agree
Reactions: TurdFondler
Tags
None