Official Space Station 13 Server -

Large

kiwifarms.net
Okay how the hell do I make a conventional chemical bomb?

- The 'pipe frame' the wiki suggests for making pipebombs doesn't seem to exist on our codebase
- A beaker of gunpowder in a grenade casing does nothing
- A beaker of gunpowder preheated to just under ignition does nothing
- A beaker of gunpowder and a second beaker of pyrophoric (Ch3F) makes a weak Ch3F firebomb and the gunpowder doesn't react
- Attaching an igniter to the grenade changes nothing
- Making an ignition-timer assembly set to 1 second repeating will not attach to the grenade or to a beaker
- Gunpowder preheated to just under ignition and a second beaker of superheated chemicals does cause a red 'the gunpowder sparks' message but then does nothing
- The constituent chemicals of gunpowder split into two beakers and heated above the ignition point causes a red 'the gunpowder sparks' message but then does nothing
- Hitting a preheated beaker of gunpowder with the igniter turns me into a red mist of giblets still in the lab

All the guides are focused around making those thermobaric oxygen-plasma bombs in toxins. How on earth do I make a conventional bomb out of gunpowder, nitro, RDX or TaTP?
You seem to be using a wiki for a codebase other than TG, goon perhaps? Don't do that, you'll just get confused.
Grenades function more or less by mixing the two beakers and then removing themselves from the game shortly afterwards. Gunpowder is meant to be heated in a beaker, dropped, and then ran away from AFAIK. For a simple grenade bomb, the meta chem is meth.

The only other things I can think of to try later are adding a water-potassium reaction to try and detonate the payload, or adding a smoking agent alongside Ch3F or superheated inert chems to keep the gunpowder 'in game' long enough to pass ignition temp. Another alternative might be to make, say, RDX and then leach the stabilizing agent away in a reaction but the only suitable reaction for that requires a temperature of >200k.

Overall I'm starting to think the code is fucked, because even if I'm doing it wrong it shouldn't be this complicated.
That's not how stabilizing agent works on the tg codebase. Once the explosives are stablized you can just remove it with a chemmaster.

Last edited:

Dyn

woman respecter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Grenades function more or less by mixing the two beakers and then removing themselves from the game shortly afterwards. Gunpowder is meant to be heated in a beaker, dropped, and then ran away from AFAIK. For a simple grenade bomb, the meta chem is meth.
Thanks, got it working with meth and RDX now. RDX is spicy.

Nuns with guns

Wife, Momala, Auntie. She/her.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1732871View attachment 1732875

Renault has been replaced with Slobbermutt in Captain's Quarters.
He will attack carbons with the Nuke Disk that are not mindshielded and not command staff.
Quick question, how do you even revive animals? You can't use a defib on them, you can place surgical drapes but the moment you pull out a scalpel you stab them. I once saw somebody revive one pet, so I'm curious as to how they did it.

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
Yes. In fact, there's no reagent datum on the mob so I don't think they can ingest anything.
/tg/ must have fucked something up pretty recently then, maybe when chems were redone. I'm gonna check on the git to see what they did with Reagent.

@Null In the code here it says you should be able to splash it on the mob to revive them.
1605904465630.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 3119967d0c

Gravemind

A monument to all your sins
kiwifarms.net
I haven't tried it out yet but one of the mining point purchases you can get is a reviver gun for lavaland hostiles. The tgstation wiki also states it works on pets and you can use it on Ian to become the hero of the station.
Lazarus injectors are what you're referring to.

So, basically, beg your Shaft Miners to use their precious mining points to buy you one if you ever want to revive a pet.

100% VIRGIN M00TY

The King Of Inceldom, Ultimate Trucel
kiwifarms.net
I still cannot figure out how to put clothes on, guides say to drag onto the marionette from the "INV"? Which is the bag I presume?

Gravemind

A monument to all your sins
kiwifarms.net
I still cannot figure out how to put clothes on, guides say to drag onto the marionette from the "INV"? Which is the bag I presume?
Pick up clothing item.

Press E.

Drop the article of clothing you removed/replaced, if necessary.

Pick up whatever might have fallen off of you while swapping your clothes and put them back on/into your pockets, if necessary.

100% VIRGIN M00TY

The King Of Inceldom, Ultimate Trucel
kiwifarms.net
Pick up clothing item.

Press E.

Drop the article of clothing you removed/replaced, if necessary.

Pick up whatever might have fallen off of you while swapping your clothes and put them back on/into your pockets, if necessary.
Cheers, now I can hopefully survive the ash planet.

Tags
None