Official Space Station 13 Server -

Null

kiwifarms.net
1606007447102.png

I am so happy

A-Z0-9

kiwifarms.net
If pets were to take reagents, a lil water and potassium would explode Sloppermutt
By the way, that's a real nice ghetto method of stunning someone. Get two syringe guns (or a rapid fire syringe gun,) fill one with water, the other with potassium. Now go up to your target, shoot shoot, and hope both shots hit him. The payload won't kill the target and the syringes may bounce off hardsuits, but if it worked you probably have someone in either red or crit. Perfect to finish off. Just note the excessive noise this method can create.

NewFriend

Sorry, no tracking numbers.
kiwifarms.net
Man, playing assistant is so comfy. I just try to renovate and build stuff now which means that I'm usually among the last living people on the station.

SBG

kiwifarms.net
Started trying to fool around with chemist and wondering how you're really supposed to help with countering viruses. Are there particular medicines you're just supposed to use for certain symptoms or what?

Null

kiwifarms.net
What is the current chemistry meta?
>inb4 don't play chemist
There was a very brief time after plumbing got introduced where chemistry was basically gods. I could set up an oxandrolone / salicylic acid / salbutamol pill dispenser that fixed basically everything.

then they added stasis beds to get rid of cloning. while making it so that medical was more important was cool and all, the stasis beds required to stop organs from decaying also necessarily stop any chemicals from processing. so suddenly you can't even sneak people meds to get them healthy because doctors will just operate their damages down while on stasis so your meds help not at all.

basically the process for reviving anyone is:
1. mend flesh wounds
2. mean actual wounds (time consuming)
3. replace their entire chest cavity's worth of organs

chemistry plays no part of this, and trannycode attempts at making chemistry relevant again also involve nurfing doctors, which are already very very slow to revive people.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: SBG

NewFriend

Sorry, no tracking numbers.
kiwifarms.net
There was a very brief time after plumbing got introduced where chemistry was basically gods. I could set up an oxandrolone / salicylic acid / salbutamol pill dispenser that fixed basically everything.

then they added stasis beds to get rid of cloning. while making it so that medical was more important was cool and all, the stasis beds required to stop organs from decaying also necessarily stop any chemicals from processing. so suddenly you can't even sneak people meds to get them healthy because doctors will just operate their damages down while on stasis so your meds help not at all.

basically the process for reviving anyone is:
1. mend flesh wounds
2. mean actual wounds (time consuming)
3. replace their entire chest cavity's worth of organs

chemistry plays no part of this, and trannycode attempts at making chemistry relevant again also involve nurfing doctors, which are already very very slow to revive people.
So I'm just supposed to make cryo juice and mutagen? Gay,
I'd still like to make some chems for people that are healthy enough to use them though.

Also why the fuck doesn't botany have a chem dispenser? I know that you're supposed to go to the chemist for that shit but I really don't want to run back and forth every two minutes or break into chemistry and be a shitter.

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
not even. they removed mutagen from botany iirc. chemistry has literally no purpose anymore, because of the trannycode.
You still need mutagen but the way it works is fucky. You put it into the grow bins as a nutrient, and have to wait while it randomly ticks once per growth cycle if you get a mutation or not. It's a severe and largely unfun nerf to botany's ability to make new plants, and it was implemented to stop one person.

Null

kiwifarms.net
You still need mutagen but the way it works is fucky. You put it into the grow bins as a nutrient, and have to wait while it randomly ticks once per growth cycle if you get a mutation or not. It's a severe and largely unfun nerf to botany's ability to make new plants, and it was implemented to stop one person.
If you can pinpoint specifically what that change is in /tg/'s codebase I will undo it.

Large

kiwifarms.net
Mutations were already buffed to be better than originally a while ago

Old mutagen functionality is also still present as an obscure item called the floral somatoray which should probably be moved to be earlier in the tech tree so it's less obscure and actually gets researched on purpose.

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
Mutations were already buffed to be better than originally a while ago

Old mutagen functionality is also still present as an obscure item called the floral somatoray which should probably be moved to be earlier in the tech tree so it's less obscure and actually gets researched on purpose.
Floral somatoray doesn't change species though, it only improves growth characteristics. Wait... Did they change it?

TurdFondler

kiwifarms.net
Where do you find an SC once the original one explodes?

Also is there a maximum distance field generators can be from one another? I've tried to put one at each corner around the SM chamber, and even though they read full power the field doesn't generate.

Tags
None