Official Space Station 13 Server -

BarberFerdinand

True & Honest Fan
Floral Somatoray helps, but still sucks because it either never gets researched till way past the point of being useful, or the miners are slow, or whatever. If it was a tool that was available at the start would be one thing, but as it stands it's almost always faster to just do it the hard way and pray to RNGsus to get good mutations.

That being said, chemistry is still somewhat useful to botany for saltpetre and diethylamine fertilizer, although truth be told more than half the time I just 'obtain' my own chem dispenser for it since the recipes are so simple.

I'd almost like it if it was the other way around. There are loads of cool things botany can produce for chemistry(check out the reagents on omega weed and ambrosia deus), but it seems like whenever I provide them no one cares and it goes unused. Then things get boring, and all that's left besides growing food for the chef is to harass everyone with bluespace tomatoes.

Edit: Also waiting on R&D and miners for Botanogenetic Shears is an absolute bitch.

Edit edit: Hell, I'd say having access to the shears is way more important for high level botany than the Floral Somatoray. It's a pain in the ass, but you will eventually get the mutation you want. The inability to remove traits is absolutely crippling to a botanists ability to create any kind of precise recipe.

Last edited:

Dyn

woman respecter
True & Honest Fan
What is the current chemistry meta?
>inb4 don't play chemist
I've been playing chemist a lot, and these seem to be the most useful meds.

- Mannitol if the map didn't start with a bottle near cryo
- Synaptizine for dealing with delams
- Synthflesh patches, ~30u for unhusking ruined people
- Inacusiate pills for bomb-related defeanings
- Oculine to give doctors another organ they don't need to replace
- Mutadone pills
- Pentectic Acid patches in case of radiation
- Syrinever/water in beakers, in a 20:80 solution for anyone who gets superloaded with poison

There's no guarantee medbay will ever even need any of these, but they're worthwhile cranking out just in case. These are the only meds besides virus cures I've ever found myself trying to bust out in a hurry. Chems that heal basic bruise/burn damage could be useful to leave in the lobby too I guess, but most people just crawl into medbay for surgery.

Bender

Malfunctioning Alcoholic
True & Honest Fan
Well I finally joined in on the fun. I got off the shuttle easily enough, picked up a potted plant and repeatedly hit myself in the chest with it. Then I accidentally shoved someone who beat the shit out of me with a baton (I think he was security), although I'm pretty sure I did more damage to myself trying to figure out how to put the plant down than I took from the ass-kicking. Then, while I was limping down a corridor, someone gave me a gun and some beer, and I think I accidentally shot someone. I found a replica captain's hat on the floor and it took me a mere 2-3 minutes to figure out how to put it on my head. Then I found a dead pig and ended up dragging it around with me until I ran into the sec bully who beat the shit out of me again but gave me a pass because my gun was just a toy gun. Then the station was being evacuated and I had no idea where I was, so I stole a toolbox and ran around randomly until I found a shuttle and got a popup saying I survived, so I guess I won even though I didn't know what the hell was happening.

Last edited:
somebody higher up in game is trying to stifle my gameplay, he's setting 2k credit bounties (level 5 infraction) on my head even when i didnt do anytthing. getting this a second time in a row of 2 games, i cant play the game or go outside due to beepsky will stun me

Last edited:

NewFriend

Sorry, no tracking numbers.
Okay, this is a dumb question but how the fuck do I make my radio louder? I want to yell at retards in big, bold text and not this pussy shit

somebody higher up in game is trying to stifle my gameplay, he's setting 2k credit bounties (level 5 infraction) on my head even when i didnt do anytthing. getting this a second time in a row, i cant play the game or go outside due to beepsky will stun me
That either means that he's and antag and you're his target or that he's just fucking with you. Throw toolboxes and spears at beepsky to destroy him, then get a revolt going with clown's help.
That should solve everything.

Okay, this is a dumb question but how the fuck do I make my radio louder? I want to yell at retards in big, bold text and not this pussy shit

That either means that he's and antag and you're his target or that he's just fucking with you. Throw toolboxes and spears at beepsky to destroy him, then get a revolt going with clown's help.
That should solve everything.
forgot to edit, this is happening to me in succeeding games, this is the second game that i have been bountied and fucked with without doing anything.

Well I finally joined in on the fun. I got off the shuttle easily enough, picked up a potted plant and repeatedly hit myself in the chest with it. Then I accidentally shoved someone who beat the shit out of me with a baton (I think he was security), although I'm pretty sure I did more damage to myself trying to figure out how to put the plant down than I took from the ass-kicking. Then, while I was limping down a corridor, someone gave me a gun and some beer, and I think I accidentally shot someone. I found a replica captain's hat on the floor and it took me a mere 2-3 minutes to figure out how to put it on my head. Then I found a dead pig and ended up dragging it around with me until I ran into the sec bully who beat the shit out of me again but gave me a pass because my gun was just a toy gun. Then the station was being evacuated and I had no idea where I was, so I stole a toolbox and ran around randomly until I found a shuttle and got a popup saying I survived, so I guess I won even though I didn't know what the hell was happening.
I started playing yesterday also. My first game I figured out how to buy cigs and a lighter and smoke pretty easily. Then I found a vending machine that had a chicken costume which I changed into. Then I started following a Swedish chef around making chicken sounds so the chef dragged me to the kitchen and began butchering me as I yelled "My nuggets!".

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
Use a megaphone. Command roles, the QM and clown start with megaphones.
With a command headset, if you use it in-hand you can set the high volume mode on to get that too.
forgot to edit, this is happening to me in succeeding games, this is the second game that i have been bountied and fucked with without doing anything.
Get screenshots of the person's name and them doing it and find a janny to sweep them up. Metagrudging is gay and I'm pretty sure it's banned.

NewFriend

Sorry, no tracking numbers.
With a command headset, if you use it in-hand you can set the high volume mode on to get that too.
okay, two last questions
1) is the QM actually a command role
and
2) how do I give wages to people as QM (I remember that it used to be a thing that the QM would do quite often)

here's a question, is it called rulebreaking to say a false thing on the radio? ( the ling is this guy etc) thank you. If it is rule breaking i wont do it again

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
okay, two last questions
1) is the QM actually a command role
and
2) how do I give wages to people as QM (I remember that it used to be a thing that the QM would do quite often)
QM has a megaphone in his locker that you'll need to use. It's not a command role technically. If you alt-click or control-click the cargo budget card (I actually forget which, it's been a while) you can take money chips out and use them to pay people. I used to know how to set automated salaries but I think only the HoP can do that.

here's a question, is it called rulebreaking to say a false thing on the radio? ( the ling is this guy etc) thank you. If it is rule breaking i wont do it again
From Null's OP:
Rules are, in general: don't kill people if you're not antag. If you're antag do whatever you want. Try to stay somewhat in character. Don't spam voice / alerts or otherwise be insufferable. All I'm asking is you don't intentionally make the game unfun.

Eris!

Ewige Schlangenkraft
somebody higher up in game is trying to stifle my gameplay, he's setting 2k credit bounties (level 5 infraction) on my head even when i didnt do anytthing. getting this a second time in a row of 2 games, i cant play the game or go outside due to beepsky will stun me

bully him back harder like a man, faggot